Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-19, 05:01 PM  
OSusanna

Shovel max - PNW edition

Western Washington got hit with heavy snow last night. I’ve got 6+ inches.

To give you an example of how infrequently this happens I count myself lucky to actually have a snow shovel and this is the first time I am using it in the 10 years that I’ve lived in my house. We’re going to get more tomorrow so for the first time in my life I had to clear my driveway.

PNW snow is of course very wet and sets up like concrete. I was outside scraping away at my driveway when two neighbors came and helped me. I am so very grateful because I now am aware that my fitness level isn’t up to this particular activity.

Kudos to all of you that do this on a regular basis. I was sweaty and I’m tired now. I realize now that I need to set up a different workout plan to help my low back and my core.

Shovel max is a great workout!
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 06:13 PM  
VainJane

OMG! I've been living here for almost ten years and have never seen this much snow! I'm so glad I got all my shopping and errands done during the week so I don't have to drive anywhere today. (Seattleites trying to drive in snow is a story in and of itself.)
VainJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 06:20 PM  
Gams

I’m in northern Wisconsin. We got over a foot of snow last Thursday. Shoveling is not fun and I’ve got to find some help getting the snow off my roof. I think I’m ready to move someplace warmer.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 06:25 PM  
VainJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I’m in northern Wisconsin. We got over a foot of snow last Thursday. Shoveling is not fun and I’ve got to find some help getting the snow off my roof. I think I’m ready to move someplace warmer.
Before this week I would have suggested that you move to Seattle.
VainJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 08:56 PM  
marki64

This has been a really weird couple weeks of winter. Right now we are battling ice. We had 2 ice storms this week and it is like an ice skating rink on our driveway and yard. Sidewalks and parking lots are treacherous. We are supposed to get a couple inches of snow tomorrow and on top of ice. Temps are really cold. I almost think I would rather have 6 inches of snow. My Lab just wants to run and catch sticks but its too dangerous. She already fell and slid down the hill.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
functional fitness, shovel max, snow