Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-19, 09:34 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I'm actually liking the look of the Merrithew machine! But yeah, they're all more $$ than I want to spend and will take up so much room. I was wondering about those straps too.

I may make my way around town trying out all the free intro classes.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-19, 09:54 PM  
VainJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
I'm actually liking the look of the Merrithew machine! But yeah, they're all more $$ than I want to spend and will take up so much room.
The used Merrithew Reformer seems overpriced for $1900, since it's not a studio model. If you can get it for $1000 or less it would be a good deal though. I tried one similar to it at a sporting goods store once, it's not bad. Sturdy enough to do Long Stretch Series and Splits (the Aero doesn't look like it would support that), and it has real springs. I don't love that it's low to the ground, but you can still do all exercises on it that you'd do in the studio. If you don't want to spend big bucks on the Gratz but still want decent quality, this could be the way to go if you can get the price down.
VainJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-19, 07:47 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Oh and Sherry, does yours say AeroPilates on it? I'm seeing some that are Stamina Pilates but it looks like they make AeroPilates?
Mine does say AeroPilates on it. I have not taken Reformer classes, so I honestly cannot compare. I will tell you though, that both Pilatesology, and Pilates Anytime, has home reformer classes online, and in fact PA has some classes that are done on the AeroPilates, specifically. I did one on Pilatesology and it was nice. I think there are at least 2 on Pilatesology. There is a series of several classes on PA.
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-19, 12:09 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Sherry is it like this one? There are so many Aero Pilates listed!

https://offerup.com/item/detail/498256354/

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Old 02-06-19, 01:17 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Sherry is it like this one? There are so many Aero Pilates listed!

https://offerup.com/item/detail/498256354/
Yes, very similar to that one. Except mine has the purple pad (it was originally sold on QVC, I think), and mine does not have the stand to get it up off the floor. I really want to order the stand for mine There are a lot of different AeroPilates models, I agree!
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-19, 01:20 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

There are a couple on the Kohl's website. The prices are pretty good because you get a ton of Kohl's cash, plus they're really good about taking anything back at any time, so I'm tempted!

Tags
pilates reformer, reformer