Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-31-19, 12:23 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
I like both of these. Thank you Sandy for posting this. I did one month trials of Pilates Anytime and Pilatesology and they were OK but I really don’t want to pay for anything when there is so much free content out there.

ETA: I might go for a John Garey TV subscription though. I really like him and he has other fitness content in addition to Pilates.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-19, 02:21 PM  
horsemom2

NEOU has some pilates and is free till March
https://www.neoufitness.com/
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-19, 02:36 PM  
prettyinpink

I recently tried Pilates Anytime and it was okay, but I got a little overwhelmed with the options. Plus there seemed to be a lot of fusion-y types if workouts, like Tracey Mallet, and other instructions and styles I didn’t care for as much. Lots of good content, though.

I also finally tried Pilatesology. I liked this better, and I believe they also gave a yearly option which offers a savings. Most of the time, I want to pick a streaming site and stick with it a while, not always be thinking about another month at a time. But I didn’t like it enough to switch from PBL. There are a few things I don’t always love about the PBL website and workouts (no cancel button, at times overdoes reps compared to classical Pilates, skips some of the classic moves altogether) but I do like the search filter and that there are so many parts-focused workouts, as I like to use Pilates workouts as add-ons and I like to do a lot of floor legwork, and PBL offers a lot there. I also love the huge variety and the backgrounds.

I also now have a John Garey TV mat subscription. I love it! (Incidentally, he is the demonstrator in at least one of the Stott DVDs with Moira Stott in his younger years). The workouts are more total body. The classic mat moves are there, but he also has a lot of workouts with props (Fitness ball, Pilates ball, band, ring) and a lot of creativity, and it’s been fun and sometimes challenging for me. A few of the workouts I tried are in circuit format, which I also like. Workouts are full body and it looks like a lot of them are 20-40 minutes. Cons are that the only search methods for the mat workouts is by newest/oldest, and by series (there are a few but I don’t think all of them are part of a series). He also doesn’t have as many workouts as the other sites yet, but new ones are added regularly. I think the fitness stuff that is not-Pilates might be on the higher level subscription with the Reformer and Chair workouts, so that is a small negative, too. I don’t have a Reformer or any other Pilates equipment, but I may upgrade just for one month to try whatever else is there.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-19, 04:32 PM  
VainJane

Pilatesology, in my opinion, is far and away the best Pilates streaming site. Every instructor on it is classically trained, most of them directly with Romana Kryzanowska, and a few even with Joseph Pilates himself. I practiced non-classical Pilates for several years before I found Pilatesology, and I'm never going back. One of the greatest things about Pilatesology are their "observe & learn" videos that teach proper form for the trickier exercises. Practicing good form is imperative for getting results.
VainJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-19, 09:06 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebnPhx View Post
I subscribe to Pilates workouts that are filmed at a studio in Austin Texas called Todd Pilates. I’ve tried all the others but I love these and I’m plugging them because they are a great workout and actually have modern fun music! For some reason this site seems to be completely under the radar too, I’m not sure why.

The workouts are available through ToddPilates.com and on Vimeo. You can access them through a monthly rental of $17, or buy individual ones. Last year on my 59th birthday I went all in and purchased his whole library forever for $79. He uploads new workouts at least once a month.

Check it out! They are a real treat!
Oh wow! This sounds great! I am going to check it out! Thanks!
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-19, 09:20 AM  
Exercise Diva

I love Pilatesology - did Lisa's for a while too and she's good, but I wanted a more classic Pilates.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-19, 09:26 AM  
horsemom2

this efit30 looks good for free youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/efit30/videos

Todd did a video for them too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkP2-t6nD3o&t=1977s
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-19, 11:27 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
NEOU has some pilates and is free till March
https://www.neoufitness.com/
Thanks Barb, I saw that on the other thread. I am going to try this now!
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-19, 04:34 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Pilates Nest is another streaming service. It's about $20 per month, with unlimited downloads. Similar to The Balanced Life Online's setup, but not as much content. I find her workouts more varied and for me, there's no dread factor.

https://pilatesnest.com/

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pilates anytime, pilates streaming, pilatesanytime.com, pilatesology, streaming videos