Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-06-12, 05:45 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Obviously, it's too late to warn you about hiding your credit cards. Welcome out of lurkdom. It sounds like you have a lot to add to discussions.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 08:27 PM  
Jags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Obviously, it's too late to warn you about hiding your credit cards. Welcome out of lurkdom. It sounds like you have a lot to add to discussions.
Ha ha. Yeah. I've learned a few lessons about impulse buying.
Thanks for the welcome.
Jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-12, 11:14 PM  
jandi

Hi,

I have been lurking around for a little while and finally got around to posting. I love flamenco dancing, and had usually relied on it alone as my primary source of fitness. I got a series of unlucky sprain/fractures that have taken a toll on my activity level. I've recovered from the injuries, but the strength is not quite there, so I am working on getting stronger so I can stomp on heels again! I discovered I like doing fitness videos, so here I am, on my quest to regain control of my body

See you aroound!
jandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-12, 11:05 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome! What an interesting fitness focus. I hope you find workouts that will help you regain the strength you want and need. Feel free to jump in.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-01-12, 10:04 AM  
carmenphoenix

I just wish to give a big THANK YOU to Wendy who took me out of mute mode--lol.

Hey everyone,

I'm Carmen & decided to get my almost 47 year old body back into shape. I used to be a Tae Bo, XX of Steel Girl for many years, then stopped when the car jockeying began with the kiddos to dance & sports from dawn to late night.

Now that one kiddo is well into his college years & the other bikes to dance practice 80% of the time, I'm bored--lol--well, not anymore since I began exercising again.

I fell in love with bike riding trails near me, Tonique, barre/ballet type workouts & cheesy dance videos, like Ministry of Music, all because of the wonderful, informative members of VF.

You all give so much inspiration & advise, I decided to come out of lurkdom, and I hope to reciprocate in the future.
carmenphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-12, 10:17 AM  
patchworkpenguin

Carmen, welcome glad to have you join us. Check out the Checkins and Challenges forum to find a small group to join to help get connected.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-12, 01:30 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome out of lurkdom, Carmen. As you have seen, there are plenty of opportunities to share with others. I look forward to seeing you around the General Discussion.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 10-06-12, 11:07 PM  
wellnesswife

Hi!!!

I am fairly new here & let me just say I am not alone! I can't believe I have found so many great ladies that i can connect with about fitness.

Hi, I'm Erica & I am 30 and have been active my whole life until I got married. I just became "lazy" and ate very unhealthy & watched way too much TV. My hubby works alot & I got "bored"

So almost a year ago I looked at myself in the mirror & was shocked at what I saw...I looked so much older & had gained so much weight I decided to take my life back!

I got a body bugg & started walking mainly & then I got hooked on fitness DVDs! I sheepishly admit I have acquired over 100 this year alone. But I have lost 30 lbs and feel so much better! I have more energy & like to live a healthy lifestyle.

I just want to thank all of you for being so welcoming & its been really fun to connect even though most of you are "enablers" LOL
wellnesswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-12, 06:01 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Hi Erica - It's great to meet you. It sounds like you fit right in here. It's great that you've done so well with exercise DVDs. I usually warn newbies to hide their credit cards, but it's obviously much too late for that with you. Instead, you can look forward to enabling others as you are you here!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 11-14-12, 01:14 PM  
CatInTheHat

Coming Out of Lurkdom Too!

Hi everyone,
I've been stalking you all, err, I mean, lurking on this board for months now and just got my membership approved yesterday! Yay!

I've been working out since I was 13 when I started running, then got a copy of Jane Fonda's 2nd aerobic tape - the "New Workout," not the controversial one where she doesn't wear shoes. Around 20 I joined a gym and also purchased the Firm Vol 2 which I would do at home on days I didn't feel like driving to the gym. Back then, I used to also get the catalog from Collage - was pleasantly surprised last year when I revisted videos to find they were still in business! Continued my gym membership for years, taking step classes and weight lifting classes until I totally burned out on a gym at 37 years old, which was 3 years ago. Back to videos!

So now I'm 40, just had my first baby, gained 55 lbs with the pregnancy and have lost all but 13, and working very hard to lose the last 13!!! I still love the Firm probably best of all videos, and also love Jackie Warner - I don't see her mentioned too much here but I love her workouts.

That's my story! I don't do a ton of different instructors so I may not have much to contribute, but I wanted to at least say hello!
CatInTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread