Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-21-12, 12:01 AM  
Arizonamom

G Flex Suspension Trainer

I have the G Flex. Does anyone else have it? Do you like it? What about suspension training in general?

I bought my G Flex here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bb...avity-gym.html

Plus I added the Husky Hang All's from Home Depot in Medium Size to the G Flex.

I am also looking for a two strap system. Like Body by Jake I.M. Rings? Are they comparable to the Human Trainer? Any recommendations?
Arizonamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 08:07 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonamom View Post
I have the G Flex. Does anyone else have it? Do you like it? What about suspension training in general?

I bought my G Flex here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bb...avity-gym.html

Plus I added the Husky Hang All's from Home Depot in Medium Size to the G Flex.

I am also looking for a two strap system. Like Body by Jake I.M. Rings? Are they comparable to the Human Trainer? Any recommendations?
You should probably post this in the General Forum. This is Bargain Watch and people generally just list sale items here.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-12, 10:25 AM  
Arizonamom

G Flex is on clearance

Thanks for telling me. I do have a lot of questions and interest in suspension training. So I should post the questions there. I posted here because the G Flex is on clearance at $19.99 from $59.99. I bought one and felt it was a great deal and wanted to share it. I also just decided to buy the Body by Jake I.M. Rings @ http://www.groupon.com/deals/g1gd-im...stem-cleveland
as it looks very comparable to the Human Trainer and is a lot cheaper.
Old 02-24-12, 07:15 AM  
Mushiebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonamom View Post
I posted here because the G Flex is on clearance at $19.99 from $59.99.
I wonder if the $19.99 price was a special; it seems to be back up to $59.99 now

edited to add:

$49.99 at this link:
http://www.home-gym.com/travel-gym.html

(I should note: I already have a TRX and a Rip-60... however, I have 5 children and would love to gift some,if not all, with a suspension trainer so a discount price would be wonderful!)

Last edited by Mushiebear; 02-24-12 at 07:19 AM. Reason: add sale link
Mushiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-12, 08:26 AM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushiebear View Post
I wonder if the $19.99 price was a special; it seems to be back up to $59.99 now

edited to add:

$49.99 at this link:
http://www.home-gym.com/travel-gym.html

(I should note: I already have a TRX and a Rip-60... however, I have 5 children and would love to gift some,if not all, with a suspension trainer so a discount price would be wonderful!)
Wow! Are suspension trainers really that wonderful? Which do you prefer...TRX or the Rip 60 set?
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-12, 09:27 AM  
Arizonamom

Thanks for catching the price change.

What a bummer! Not only did they go back up in price, but they changed the original price from $59.99 to $79.99! I love/hate how prices change on the internet so quickly! It can make the internet addicting because I feel I have to watch prices all the time. I try to only get on in the morning and then at night, but sometimes I'm on it more. Not a good habit!
Old 02-24-12, 10:54 AM  
fagiles

I purchased the G-Flex from either QVC or HSN a few months ago and it was about $70. I am another one who also has TRX and Rip60. TRX was first but ordered RIP60 for the dvds, therefore suspension trainer #2. G-Flex was appealing because it was portable and very compact. I tried to sell my TRX on Craigslist and someone kept flagging it for deletion and I have no idea why.

Felecia
fagiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-12, 05:20 PM  
Arizonamom

I finally purchased my suspension trainer for real this time!

I bought the I.M Rings for $78 through Groupon today! I thought I bought it a couple days ago, but there wasn't enough people so I had to call Groupon and confirm that the deal was off. But the deal is on for the Portland, ME Groupon so I bought it through them. I don't understand how this works. I don't really care either, but am getting my I.M Rings! I hope they are good! Here's the link
http://www.groupon.com/portland/deal...urce=uu5812676 The deal is only good through tonight but if you google I.M. Rings Groupon, you will find a deal that is not expired and they need to sell at least 10 for the deal to go on.
Old 02-25-12, 11:20 PM  
Kimberly33

I just saw this, so I moved it to Gen. Disc. If you see a thread in the wrong area, use the "report thread" (the red triangle) to let the mods know--otherwise you have to rely on one of us stumbling across it.

That said, I have a fake TRX (bought from ebay before I realized how badly they were being pirated). I LOVE the workout, but am not convinced that the TRX is the only way to go. I keep considering the Jungle Gym II for when I no longer trust mine (that day keeps getting closer!). I love to hear about the alternatives. I only have TRX workouts, which I like--my favorite is the TRX Strength. I'm always sore for days.

Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul
You've got to run like an antelope, out of control. (Phish)

Can't control the kittens!
Too many whiskers. Too many whiskers
(Sleep Talkin' Man)
Kimberly33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-12, 07:28 AM  
kat_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fagiles View Post
I tried to sell my TRX on Craigslist and someone kept flagging it for deletion and I have no idea why.
Not to derail, but wow, how very Beach Body of them! Did you use your own photos or ones you grabbed off of the web? I'm also debating listing my TRX, and I'm curious as to how they justify that. I know there are bogus ones out there, but up until now I thought Craigslist was a "sell what you want but buyer beware" place.
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote