Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-24-10, 05:47 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~^~RedFlame~^~ View Post
Jawline is definitely not as sharp, and am beginning a 'waddle', haha!!!!!
That flappy stuff under the chin is a "wattle" (like a turkey has!). Though you may also 'waddle' when you walk (like a duck).

I know what you mean about the face slipping down. Gravity's a b($@$#, isn't it?

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-10, 08:06 AM  
Juli

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~^~RedFlame~^~ View Post
Have you seen that gadget that they are pushing now, for the chin. It is just like a plunger tube that you put against your chest, and under your chin and you press down.
I been using the Neckline Slimmer for about 4 months and have seen results - but not as much as I would like. I found this thread last night and decided to try LuLu's Ageless if you dare. It sounds logical to me and all of your endorsements convinced me. Thanks!!

"Que Shiraz Shiraz"
Juli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-10, 12:02 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juli View Post
I been using the Neckline Slimmer for about 4 months and have seen results - but not as much as I would like. I found this thread last night and decided to try LuLu's Ageless if you dare. It sounds logical to me and all of your endorsements convinced me. Thanks!!
The plunger thing is ok, but you can get the same results from laying on your bed on your back with your head hanging off and lifting and lowering your head. You are working against gravity, so you don't need the appliance to help you with resistance.

I figure if that helped much, I wouldn't have a problem because during exercise I am often holding my head against gravity when on my back, as in many core exercises.

Flexeffect and Lulu, however, are awesome systems. Working your face the way you do your body, and a lot of research has gone into just where the few attachments to the skin are. MY problem is, and I think I just figured this out recently, that since it is all "aesthetic" reasoning, I don't seem to find the time. And one could do it while watching TV for heaven sake! I find the time to exercise, but that is about my health and well-being, where the face stuff is about looks, so I think it isn't important enough for me to just do it. How silly, I REALLY hate my loose jaw area!

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-10, 08:27 PM  
joyfirst

I hope this forum won't make me buy one more thing. Well, at least I don't have any facial exercise book or dvd yet. My question - do you think I need both Ageless book and dvd or just one of them. If one, which one is more useful?
joyfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-10, 09:01 AM  
Juli

After reading the entire thread the other night I decided to just buy the book. Someone said the website shows short video examples so I figured I could always check there for clarification.

(I know what you mean about "buying" one more thing. I'm no longer a video virgin or a PayPal virgin!!)

"Que Shiraz Shiraz"
Juli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-10, 09:18 AM  
editstein
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Lucky Star, I have this and have done it. It has a great deal in common with Carole Maggio's Facercise, which I did in my late 30's and into my 40's, to good effect,

BUT, losing weight and turning 50 called for more drastic measures (see Redflame's last post--I had a similar experience).

With absolutely NO CLAIM to scientific veracity, The Facial Workout and Facercise are very good at toning and conditioning the face, but if you want to build muscle and, consequently, change the shape of the facial muscles, then Flexeffects, Renga, and Facial Magic are more turbo charged.

So, depending on your age and your needs, all the programs offer something worthwhile.
Demeris, have You tried Carol's No Lipo Lipo dvd ? I wanted to ask to the forum but I do not know if it against the rules. It is a knocle massage technique that apparently helps big time with cellulite
Old 05-06-10, 11:30 AM  
joyfirst

Thank you, Juli, that's what I will do too.Now just have to decide - paper or download. I don't like to read books on the computer, and if I print it out, it would probably cost the same anyway. They also have a new version with more photos - a bit more expensive.
http://www.lulu.com/product/item/age...nd-ed/10904846
So I still have 3 choices, even for the book...
joyfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-10, 06:54 PM  
tigerbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by editstein View Post
Demeris, have You tried Carol's No Lipo Lipo dvd ? I wanted to ask to the forum but I do not know if it against the rules. It is a knocle massage technique that apparently helps big time with cellulite
The befores and afters are impressive!
Old 05-06-10, 07:36 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by editstein View Post
I don't have it, but I really, really want it. The next time I have the disposable income, I'm spending it on this.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-10, 08:04 PM  
D72

I can't remember if this was the thread I originally posted the following tip on as it would have been a while ago but the abs or stomach sequence (as it was named back in the 80's) from Callanetics is supposed to help firm and tighten the jawline-among other benefits as well of course. I don't have jawline issues yet but I've done Callanetics for many years and it definitely feels like it's working that area safely during the ab portion. If you Google it or look on Amazon, etc...there are lots of people who seem to agree with their claim here. It can't hurt and it could help..and it will definitely help your core strength and posture!

Good luck-
Diana
D72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
facial exercises, flexeffect, loose skin