Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-20-10, 04:14 PM  
Yasmine

I don't post very often but I just wanted to say that this workout was on my wish list and that I lived in Alexandria, Va too
Yasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 04:24 PM  
shortie

This workout made me cry for my momma!

Just coming off a CLX rotation, I'm feeling really burly, and then here comes this workout with 2-pound weights and I was CRYING!
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 04:35 PM  
laurajhawk

Reading about this makes me want to get it out again -- it's been awhile!
I have NEVER done the whole thing. Seems scary. I am fond of splits and really like that SqS is divided into two nice-length premixes.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 09:25 PM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl32 View Post
The upper body is definitely the most thorough of any barre-ish workout that I own. Good stuff
Then I guess I have to get this one!!
Old 04-20-10, 09:43 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Wow, I have it and it failed to ignite me as the original have failed as well. I really don't know why I got this dvd, because it's a dud for me. Maybe I need to try it again.
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-10, 11:09 AM  
rriggs

I did it yesterday for the first time and am still unsure if I like it or not. Didn't burn many calories, but my waist hurts so bad today I may take today off. :-)
rriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-10, 11:57 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

I haven't done this one yet, and have had it for a while now. I am AFRAAAAIIID of it, LOL!! The first Squeeze just GETS me, this light many many pulses kind of work ALWAYS does, so I am obviously a fast twitch type. But wow, it really works ya. Now I may have to use this one just for this waist workout everyone is mentioning!

Regarding the calorie burn, don't worry about that, for one thing whatever, and I do mean whatEVER method you use to try to determine this, unless you truly have the equipment for measuring the oxygen, etc., at your disposal, most calorie counting 'stuff' uses your heartrate, size, etc., to 'estimate' your calorie burn. Squeeze technique doesn't give you the same kind of "cardio response" that some other work does, but my gosh you are burning cals!! Muscles are hungry critters, and even though your heart may not be soaring from cardio, your muscle is eating away to keep those pulses going. So your gauge is probably off due to the lack of movement. Just as a huge heartrate response does not mean you are burning calories like crazy, it just means your HEART is beating like crazy, which doesn't burn that many cals because it is a very small muscle, the same is true in reverse, just because your heart is not soaring, does not mean that you are NOT burning cals, even though many 'products' will assume this.

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-10, 12:00 PM  
rriggs

Thanks for the info Redflame.. :-) I use my Polar Heart Monitor and have become so anal about the number. Probably to my detriment. :-) I need to just get my strength and cardio in and stop not doing good workouts because I don't burn enough calories on my heart monitor.
rriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-10, 12:37 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rriggs View Post
Thanks for the info Redflame.. :-) I use my Polar Heart Monitor and have become so anal about the number. Probably to my detriment. :-) I need to just get my strength and cardio in and stop not doing good workouts because I don't burn enough calories on my heart monitor.
Definitely! However, anything that motivates is good. I recall when I started using a monitor, it wasn't the calorie burn really, but I was absolutely anal about wearing it so that I could write down my averages, and how long a PARTICULAR workout kept my heartrate in a certain zone. They are great for that, for heartrate training in general. Tracking stuff for ME is good, it keeps me motivated. To some it is just a royal PIA, haha. The monitors are great for tracking stuff, just not great for actual calorie burn. I love monitors, I would just hate to see someone eschew a certain workout because it didn't register the right "numbers" when those numbers are erroneous anyway!

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-10, 01:05 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

Even though I felt my muscles were working hard, I didn't get any DOMS with Squeeze Stronger except for my obliques.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
squeeze, squeeze stronger, tracy effinger