Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-24-21, 08:12 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I will lift a few weights again today; wasn't able to do it yesterday because the carpet guys had to fill in a seam in the concrete, so they delayed installation for a day to let that dry. I'm going to dig out some yoga to do after we get the family room put back together. I met with the Dr yesterday, and he says that my lungs aren't perfectly normal, but it's time to look at an EKG. I can't get that done until the 13th. I am cleared to fly on Monday.
Merry Christmas to all of you!
ASAS, lol on the t shirt and other comment you misread
Elsie, I'm glad the error was resolved for you. You are right consistency is hard in Dec
T2B, I got permission to have my booster when I get back from OH. Yay!
AnMrsDe, have a great time with your family

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-21, 11:09 AM  
AnMrsDe

T2B, Thank you, we're doing ok. Glad to hear you're feeling better now. Did you have the week off?//Yes, just like my mom - she always ended up bringing most of the meals for holidays....the tables are now turned!

Elsie, BOP=Bird Of Paradise. Not being able to bind due to my shoulder issues, I think it's pretty safe to say I'll never be able to do BOP in my near future. I modify with balancing on one leg.//You're probably reading my comments of Cathe's Mobility taken from the DVD (which I love)....if you recall, I had a temper tantrum and was venting last month about the Live version being too similar to the DVD and therefore, Cathe had no creativity. I'm sure you'll enjoy it with an open mind.

ASAS, LOL about rereading my comments! It was probably due to the "FU" and "K" being so close together in the sentence!! I actually had to go back and reread what I wrote, hoping I didn't type that word!! Whew!//I do want a Holy HiiT t-shirt, though!! That would be awesome to wear while belting it out with Yvette (or Cathe!). ETA: I found this on Amazon; I might have to break down and get it, LOL!
https://www.amazon.com/Blittzen-Wome...77&sr=8-1&th=1 This is very similar to Yvette's - hers was green. I would go for the purple.

Chrys, glad you got the ok to fly...stay safe. The 13th is rather long for you to have to wait to get the EKG, though, since you've been dealing with the lung issues awhile. :/ Hope you receive a good report.

It really doesn't seem like Christmas around here...it's supposed to be in the 60's today!!!! I always hope for a white Christmas and that hasn't happened in several years. Enjoy your time with friends and family!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-21, 02:17 PM  
T2B

AsSweet - I bought the Zumba Let’s Party workouts from eBay a couple of weeks ago. They’re really good workouts and I’m looking forward to doing them again. The instructional workout is the only dud, not that I would do it but I did take a peek. I can really feel Beto’s joy of movement and music. No voiceover instruction either. I think he’s a little more polished in the later workouts but there is something magical about Beto in these earlier workouts. I have liked all the workouts that I’ve done, the 2nd time was the charm for a few. I can’t believe I missed the ZUMBA bandwagon when they first showed up on the scene. I think it was you that got me to buy my 1st Zumba workout.

AnMrsDe - worked 1/2 day today and I’m off next week. I’m glad your Mom is doing ok and that you are too. I know the first Christmas without your Dad will be bittersweet. Hopefully, any sadness won’t linger too long and you’ll think of all the wonderful memories you have of your dad.

Ha, Ha, I meant to comment on your lack of joy for that Cathe Live workout. Yes, I thought the music was kind of loud at the beginning and Cathe said she was turning it down but I couldn’t tell that she did so I just turned the volume of my wireless earphones down and was still able to enjoy it. , lol. I felt like that first song was loud but after that it got better. I liked that CL because it combined both Yoga Flow workouts and the transitions were not as abrupt as it feels when doing one of the premixes. I really don’t like doing sun salutations and I have my limit on down dogs but I I’ll do 2 before I FF, lol.

Yesterday, the sore arm/armpit lingered but all good this morning.

Chrys - glad you were able to see your doctor and that you are cleared for your booster. I hope you have a great time with your grandkids and family!

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-21, 11:05 AM  
Dontmindthemess

Just want to pop in and wish everyone a very merry Christmas!!! I hope Santa was good to you all I’m planning on being back in January!!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-21, 11:11 AM  
T2B

Merry Christmas!!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Jane - looking forward to seeing you in January!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-21, 11:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Merry Christmas Everyone!
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-21, 04:52 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

AMD, great find! I vote for the purple too! I love that the "ii" are dumbbells! So cool.

T2B, I love the "Join the Party" set, all of the workouts are great, even the abs one, Cardio Party is one of my all time favorite Zumba workout. I agree that Beto is more polished on later sets. I think it all started with my rave about Zumba 101 DVD, glad you finally gave Zumba a try and ended loving it!

Chrys, have a nice fly!

Jane, see you back on January!

Elsie, hi!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-21, 04:53 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!! Hope you are having a great family time! Stay safe

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-21, 02:47 AM  
Elsie

Have yourselves a MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-21, 02:35 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post

AnMrsDe - worked 1/2 day today and I’m off next week. I’m glad your Mom is doing ok and that you are too. I know the first Christmas without your Dad will be bittersweet. Hopefully, any sadness won’t linger too long and you’ll think of all the wonderful memories you have of your dad.

Ha, Ha, I meant to comment on your lack of joy for that Cathe Live workout. Yes, I thought the music was kind of loud at the beginning and Cathe said she was turning it down but I couldn’t tell that she did so I just turned the volume of my wireless earphones down and was still able to enjoy it. , lol. I felt like that first song was loud but after that it got better. I liked that CL because it combined both Yoga Flow workouts and the transitions were not as abrupt as it feels when doing one of the premixes. I really don’t like doing sun salutations and I have my limit on down dogs but I I’ll do 2 before I FF, lol.
Ha, well, I'll be the first to admit it - I am a YOGI SNOB!! I enjoy only a few instructors for yoga with Travis in the #1 position. BUT my list is growing a little.//Enjoy your week off work!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
AMD, great find! I vote for the purple too! I love that the "ii" are dumbbells! So cool.
My purple T-shirt is coming in a couple weeks!

Great to see Jane pop in and happy you'll be joining us again!

Anyone receive any fitness goodies for Christmas?? I consider my KCM's and Cathe's new series Christmas presents when they arrive! (Even though it may be September until Cathe's finally get here, LOL!!!)
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts