Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-09-21, 10:54 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenu View Post
Same for me as well. Had my last child by 33 and tubes tied. Would that cause menopause earlier than normal ?
I had my periods starting by 12. May be the eggs are all gone and thats why ovulation not happening anymore. Doctor if I am not having any symptoms and if I have had menopause then consider myself as lucky. Don’t know how it is going to go. Hoping for the best . Thank you everyone for the feedback and for sharing your experiences.
According to Menopause Manifesto, tubal ligation doesn't affect the age of menopause, and neither does the age of your first period.

(I love this book! It's like the missing manual for women like me.)

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-21, 12:09 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
According to Menopause Manifesto, tubal ligation doesn't affect the age of menopause, and neither does the age of your first period.

(I love this book! It's like the missing manual for women like me.)
Makes sense for my one data point--my mom. She started menstruating very young, 11 or younger, and had me (second and final child) at 35 and had a tubal ligation right after I was born.

She kept having regular periods well into her fifties. She was kind of angry that menopause took so long to kick in. No major issues/symptoms with menopause though once it started. She was so grateful to finally be done with periods!
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-21, 08:11 PM  
JeepGirl

I was in menopause at 41 ish. I’ve never been pregnant and was on the pill for 20 plus years. I went off the pill, got a tubal, went into menopause shortly after and was on HRT for several years. I never had a hot flash or anything. I’m 53 and a year ago was diagnosed with osteoporosis and was shocked. I’ve never broken a bone or had any health issues. The main culprit was the early menopause, and do you know not one of my medical providers told me in advance this could be an issue?
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
menopause