Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-21, 12:19 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
as Unofficial Chief Research Director of VF, i stumbled across this "Share the Wealth" (STW) which appears to be the very first STW from 2004, started by our beloved Joanna:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=42532
....or maybe the first STW was titled "SASE"?
what's also cool is that many of the posters on that thread are still VF supporters.
enjoy!
Jeannine, I would submit that you are the Official Chief Research Director of VF.

That was perhaps the heyday of VF. It makes me sad to see so many familiar names that left VF long, long ago. Ironically, there is a post by former moderator PamelaP who says:

"Great idea, Sarah! If this is going to be an annual thing, we need to make sure the forum is still going to be here for it too, right?!!"

She was joking, yet we have that very real concern at present.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 01:22 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Wow, so many names we never see. Hoping they are well and happy!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 01:37 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
Yes, she was a teacher in Canada, and close to my age. I remember that her husband became very ill not long after their child was born and passed away. So understandably VF was insignificant with everything she was dealing with. I just hope she has found happiness and is doing well. She seemed like such a generous and sweet person.
That is very sad. There have been many VFrs that stopped posting that I’ve wondered about.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 05:56 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Jeannine, I would submit that you are the Official Chief Research Director of VF.

That was perhaps the heyday of VF. It makes me sad to see so many familiar names that left VF long, long ago. Ironically, there is a post by former moderator PamelaP who says:

"Great idea, Sarah! If this is going to be an annual thing, we need to make sure the forum is still going to be here for it too, right?!!"

She was joking, yet we have that very real concern at present.

Ironically, I'd always considered Joanna to be Chief Research Director - remember all of the "Everything" threads that she painstakingly created? this was before the tagging button was added to VF.

Joanna also created numerous rotations in the lonely rotations forum, not to mention her many VF reviews in the reviews section.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 11:16 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Ironically, I'd always considered Joanna to be Chief Research Director - remember all of the "Everything" threads that she painstakingly created? this was before the tagging button was added to VF.

Joanna also created numerous rotations in the lonely rotations forum, not to mention her many VF reviews in the reviews section.
For sure, Joanna was a very active and helpful VFer. I hope that all is well with her.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 12:13 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
Yes, she was a teacher in Canada, and close to my age. I remember that her husband became very ill not long after their child was born and passed away. So understandably VF was insignificant with everything she was dealing with. I just hope she has found happiness and is doing well. She seemed like such a generous and sweet person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
Oh no, I'm really sorry to hear about her husband (even though it's probably now long after the fact). I truly wish her the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
That is very sad. There have been many VFrs that stopped posting that I’ve wondered about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
For sure, Joanna was a very active and helpful VFer. I hope that all is well with her.
If there is anyone who is in touch with Joanna, please let her know that we are thinking of her!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
share the wealth, vf history