Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-21, 11:40 PM  
carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Another thought I've had is that I'm keeping my masks long term because of influenza. I get the flu shot every year, but also plan to mask up during flu season moving forward.
I spent a good 10 years flying for work twice a week. I wish they had required mask on planes then. I can't tell you how many colds/flu I contacted.
Old 06-22-21, 02:07 AM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
I wear mine whenever I go in public and don't plan on ceasing any time soon, even if they lift the mandate. I don't trust the vaccine (or the CDC, or politicians, etc...).
Same!!
... also SAME as Laura S

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
Old 06-22-21, 05:28 AM  
Carol K

In Illinois, we still have to wear a mask in healthcare settings, schools and on public transportation. I work in a hospital (two days in the office, three days from home), so I wear a mask when I go into the office except when I'm at my desk. Businesses can determine their own rules, so I always bring my mask with me and read the signs. If masks are optional for vaccinated people, I don't wear mine, but my husband still wears his. Masks are still required in the public areas of our condo building, but we're having a board meeting tonight and covid rules are on the agenda. I ran into the president of the board this weekend and he wasn't wearing his mask.
Old 06-22-21, 06:42 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Here in my part of Texas, folks aren't mask wearers. I was a faithful mask wearer through the end of School, but haven't been wearing one since (I am vaccinated, thank heavens).

I have not thrown my masks away. Since vaccination is not popular out here with the younger people, I am expecting another spike in cases once the weather turns cold. I will be wearing my masks again.

Right now - it almost feels against the law to wear a mask here.

Carol
Old 06-22-21, 07:16 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

I still have - and use - mine. We're not required to wear them in stores, but I'm so used to it, I just feel a little safer wearing one indoors (a few places do require them, even if the state doesn't). I go for physical therapy and not only do they still take my temperature, but require me to take a clean, disposable mask that they supply.

I'm also traveling a little more now and need them for air travel, and hotels and rest areas.
Old 06-22-21, 08:14 AM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
I'm fully vaccinated, but in Ontario we still have a mask mandate as we are still rolling out vaccinations. Once they drop it I'll stop wearing a mask unless in crowded areas for a while.
I was lucky enough to get my second dose last week, but several family members are still eagerly awaiting theirs. I have heard suggestions that the mask mandates will last here at least until the fall. Current vaccination rates suggest we will be finished with vaccinations in late July / early August, and that we could hit 80% of all eligible Canadians with two doses, with some extra effort targeting those with transportation/language/technology barriers.

Right now it is a race between the delta variant and vaccinations, so, I would gladly keep wearing a mask for a little while longer even if not required. I have complete confidence in the vaccines, but just like every other vaccine, they are not 100%.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Old 06-22-21, 10:21 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

A friend of mine had a dental appointment last week and was not only required to wear a mask, but also had to be tested a few days prior.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Old 06-22-21, 10:27 AM  
Sissy B

I'm fully vaccinated but I will wear one if it's required. I keep a couple in my purse just in case. I have told my daughter not to get rid of hers, but once this is over to put them in a box in her closet in case she ever needs them in the future. She's a college student and I have lots of money invested in masks because of this since students were required to wear them on campus last fall and spring.
Old 06-22-21, 10:45 AM  
Carol K

The historians want us to hold on to them, because they have almost none from the Spanish Flu. My dentist office requires masks, but not testing.
Old 06-22-21, 10:50 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I'm fully vaccinated, but keep wearing masks because
  • I get hay fever every year and masks work even better than meds to keep me from sneezing
  • no jerkwads asking me to smile
  • I have a bunch of cool masks now with various patterns. They're like the new T shirts.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid restrictions, covid-19, masks