Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-12-21, 02:51 PM  
DawnMarie

Anyone currently revisiting their Firm workouts?

I've been on a small quest to do things with my life that I've been wanting to, but haven't. The Firm 90DR just happens to be one of them. I'm blissfully on day 10, using the "Plug and Play' version.

I am just having a blast with these, and trying to use as many DVDs as I can, allowing one day of Pinks. I cannot believe how sore I have been in places. I have been a consistent kettlebell user for years, mixing it up, can make a difference for sure.

Anyone else revisting The Firm?
Old 05-12-21, 02:59 PM  
kat999

I'm never NOT visiting my FIRM collection. I've never done the 90DR technically, but I've started thinking about it!

Today I did one of the pinks, Cardio Overdrive with Alison Davis McLean. SUCH a calorie roaster! There's one section I find a little fussy so I subbed in jogging in place, but otherwise I really love everything about this workout. It's not too long (like 47 minutes), it burns a ton of calories, the choreography is not too dancey or complex (even the section I find "fussy" is mostly just because it's a little challenging and involves running with your arms over your head; I don't like to raise my heartrate as high as that gets it), there are nice four-limb segments that break up the cardio, and the only equipment is one set of light weights. Heck, I even just used one pounders today due to a touch of golfer's elbow and it was still a nice challenge.
Old 05-12-21, 03:23 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

I am always revisiting The FIRM. I haven’t done an exclusive rotation in a very long time but I know them well and can choose one and feel comfortable like coming home. Recently, Tough Tape, CAWT, Vol 3 and a ball and a loop one with Emily, can’t remember the name.
The Pinks aren't my favourites because some of the choreography feels too busy and unnecessary for the time frame but I am rediscovering some intense goodies in the Pinks.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 03:40 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
I'm never NOT visiting my FIRM collection.
Yeah, this is me! I've recently been going through my BSS era firms since I love that there is step work involved with these. I did not like BSS3 at first, but coming back to them I really enjoy them now! I never got into the original 6 Firms, but enjoy most everything of theirs after that.

Some of the pink Firms are quite tough for me cardio wise. Cardio Overdrive is quite the calorie burner but so much fun! Dangerous Curves Ahead, also with Allison as lead, has some creative cardio moves and leaves me a sweaty mess.

Even when I might veer off to other instructors for a while, I always end up coming back to my Firm workouts.
Old 05-12-21, 03:56 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Not revisiting. Been doing The Firm for years and years!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 04:27 PM  
psupam

I am happy to report that after years of knee arthritis, and 2 knee replacements, I am once more able to do the FIRM. Most of mine are BSS1 and beyond, with a few of the old ones. Lately I have been into Jessica Smith but I mix the FIRM in too. I feel like I have finally arrived now that I can do these workouts again.
psupam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 05:21 PM  
rhbrand

I really should. I was in SUCH great shape and so fit when I did my Firms and Cathes all the time.

Maybe I'll just get out a Classic Firm today and do it.
Old 05-12-21, 05:45 PM  
mm2

I just subscribed to Fitness Favorites streaming service for this very reason. I’m doing my own version of the 90 day rotation calendar.
I’m plugging in some of the WHFN Fitprime workouts along with my favorite Firm workouts.
I remember thinking that the WHFN Fitprime/Kickbutt workouts were too easy when they first came out but now that I am a couple of days shy of 51, I’m finding that they are perfect.

Does anyone know if the Firm categories were matched to any of the Fitprime workouts (classic, tortoise,hare)?
mm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-21, 05:40 AM  
Carol K

I never left the FIRM. My 106 FIRM DVDs and the 30 BeMax workouts on FitFusion are all I do.
Old 05-13-21, 08:05 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I never left the FIRM. My 106 FIRM DVDs and the 30 BeMax workouts on FitFusion are all I do.
^^I this

No Firm thread would be complete without you Carol

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm, revisiting the firm, the firm