Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-09-18, 07:14 PM  
ncl

I love Eileen Fisher. I rarely buy it at full price. It can be good to try on at full price in person, and then shop on Thredup and you can return. I have also gotten Eileen Fisher and local consignment stores and ebay. i wish I loved all my clothes as much as I love my EF pieces. They are sharp, comfortable and high quality.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 07:54 PM  
dnna

If you love Eileen Fisher clothes you might also love JJill and and the price point is a lot lowerTalbots also has a women's line that has a larger waist but the pants start at size 14. They used to have size 12. not a pull on, the waist is just larger than misses size.
They also have a curvy fit.
Talbots also make great everyday yoga pants and nice leggings. watch for the "red hanger" sale. I never pay full price at Talbots. they are always having a sale./
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 08:22 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Try Dress Barn - or Roz & Ali's (Same company). My daughter got me to try Secret Agent pants. I resisted but really they are my go-to dress pants a lot.

https://www.dressbarn.com/clothing/p...-pants/P-10761

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-18, 07:41 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I don't know how casual your office is, but I LOVE NYDJ brand. It stands for 'not your daughter's jeans,' and, as the name suggests, they are primarily jeans, but there are a variety of styles and fabrics/colors. They are SO comfortable and flattering. You can find them at Nordstrom full price, or check out TJMaxx. Since you're in Boston, it might be worth a trip to TJMaxx and Sierra Trading Post in Newton (they are next to each other) and seriously Newton TJMaxx is the BEST TJMaxx I have ever seen!
I LOVE NYDJ! I have a ton of jeans from this brand that I've bought at thrift stores. They are very flattering and comfortable and when I find them for under 5 bucks looking brand new at a thrift store, I'm so happy!

I hope Sierra Trading Post opens a location near me soon. They've opened a couple of stores in Illinois, but I have yet to make a trip to one of their locations. I just wish they were a little bit closer.
Old 10-10-18, 07:51 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I hope Sierra Trading Post opens a location near me soon. They've opened a couple of stores in Illinois, but I have yet to make a trip to one of their locations. I just wish they were a little bit closer.
I had never been to a Sierra Trading Post before, but I loved it! I found so many nice things that are more my style (I wear more tailored, outdoorsy-style clothes.) I moved from Boston this summer and I miss Sierra Trading Post!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-18, 08:27 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
Try Dress Barn - or Roz & Ali's (Same company). My daughter got me to try Secret Agent pants. I resisted but really they are my go-to dress pants a lot.

https://www.dressbarn.com/clothing/p...-pants/P-10761
These look great. Thanks for posting.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-18, 08:36 AM  
TracyQ

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I’m taking notes and looking forward to shopping this weekend.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-18, 08:47 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

I like JJill's Wearever and ponte knit lines for work and travel, and have worn them for years. Both go on sale fairly frequently. Another vote for NYDJ for casual wear.
I need to try Betabrand!

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-18, 10:18 AM  
flowerpotcat

I love pull on pants!

I'm completely out of shape with a big pot belly. I usually get them from Marshalls , usually I get those for <$20 but occasionally I splurge and get those with better quality fabric for <$30.

From time to time I get sporty pull on pants from lululemon outlet or when they're on sale at athleta.
flowerpotcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-18, 12:15 PM  
Mickey12

Another vote for JJill pull on pants. I have several colors. All my tops are loose fitting, nothing tucked in, so it hides the elastic waist.

I pretty much did a total overhaul of my clothes a few years ago when my figure shifted and waist disappeared. I'm 53 now. My main objective is comfort so I'm fine with the elastic waist.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, jeans, menopause, menopot