Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-02-15, 08:07 PM  
laurajhawk

I am thinking I read December?

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-15, 08:32 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I am thinking I read December?

That's the month I recall as well.
Old 10-02-15, 09:47 PM  
CHAPLYN61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Any idea when this is supposed to be released to the public? Or, sold through Beachbody coaches?
December, Don't have an actual date yet.
Old 10-23-15, 03:20 PM  
momofcha

I just realized today I have BOD so I decided to do one of the Hammer & Chisel workouts. I did - Total Body Chisel - with Autumn. I so wanted to love this, but.... It is extremely repetitive and there is so much instruction! I'm guessing the target audience is 21DF'ers who they are trying to nudge into the heavy lifting..... She does supersets - it's 3 moves, repeated 3 times and then you do another sequence, and then another - for 3 total rounds. Notice a theme here? The moves are very basic - squats, chest press, lat pulls, curtsy lunges on step (or floor), incline biceps, dips, lunges, reverse grip rows and the last move is completely escaping me.

I wanted to love this, but I really didn't. I also previewed Sagi's and it looks like an accident waiting to happen. You do your move, focusing on the eccentric (slowly lowering for a count of 3) - I think you did 10 or 12 reps, and then you lift "as fast as you can" for 10 reps I think. So if you're doing the first part of the move you need to lift as heavy as you can, immediately dropping the weight and going much lighter and then speed lifting. It just seems strange.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-15, 05:19 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I just realized today I have BOD so I decided to do one of the Hammer & Chisel workouts. I did - Total Body Chisel - with Autumn. I so wanted to love this, but.... It is extremely repetitive and there is so much instruction! I'm guessing the target audience is 21DF'ers who they are trying to nudge into the heavy lifting..... She does supersets - it's 3 moves, repeated 3 times and then you do another sequence, and then another - for 3 total rounds. Notice a theme here? The moves are very basic - squats, chest press, lat pulls, curtsy lunges on step (or floor), incline biceps, dips, lunges, reverse grip rows and the last move is completely escaping me.

I wanted to love this, but I really didn't. I also previewed Sagi's and it looks like an accident waiting to happen. You do your move, focusing on the eccentric (slowly lowering for a count of 3) - I think you did 10 or 12 reps, and then you lift "as fast as you can" for 10 reps I think. So if you're doing the first part of the move you need to lift as heavy as you can, immediately dropping the weight and going much lighter and then speed lifting. It just seems strange.
Thanks for posting your impression. This sounds like something I'll probably take a pass on. Autumn's exercise format sounds kind of like Edge Booty Extreme, where you're doing rounds of supersets. Though, that's probably where the similarities end.
Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-15, 03:15 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post

Sounds like my credit card is safe. I preordered Cathe's new set and that should be shipping soon.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-15, 04:25 PM  
mle777

Sagi announced this past weekend that they are in the process of filming Body Beast 2. He even had clips! For those that were hoping that H&C would be similar to Body Beast, hold on a couple more months and you'll get your wish

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-15, 04:29 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
Sagi announced this past weekend that they are in the process of filming Body Beast 2. He even had clips! For those that were hoping that H&C would be similar to Body Beast, hold on a couple more months and you'll get your wish
I saw that, but I got no answer on if it's "new" workouts, or the same program, this time just filmed with women. Do you know?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-15, 04:37 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
OOooooooooo! Do you have a link for clips? ETA: Saw one short (2:00?) clip on his FB page with a warmup and pull-ups, two backgrounders are women....is there more?
Old 11-24-15, 04:56 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
This is fantastic news!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autumn, autumn calabrese, hammer and chisel, sagi, sagi kalev