Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-07-12, 08:34 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Just wanted to add this, since no one else mentioned it. I got a few compliments on my butt when I was doing Slim Series. I was actually surprised when I received the compliments and I had to stop and think what I was doing at the time. I personally had always thought the Firm had helped that area for me initially and then I felt deadlifts, kettlebell swings and barre kept it up. But the compliments came when I was doing SS, so there ya go. I should get back to it
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-12, 08:42 AM  
Demeris

t-tapp & barre = high round assets (stolen from Lotte Berk) at 55
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-12, 09:54 PM  
videofit

Another vote for Margaret Richard.

Read my signature below.
Old 09-23-12, 11:21 PM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
t-tapp & barre = high round assets (stolen from Lotte Berk) at 55
demeris, would you mind sharing your routine?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-12, 12:11 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Ann View Post
Thank you. A lot of good suggestions. I have been doing a lot of Powerfit and Ellen. I will hate to give up Ellen because her workouts feel so good and I do Powerfit to get back into workouts after being gone ...... I was doing squats, lunges and tall box (Jari, Jillian, FIRM) and burning out on them. I wanted something more gentle. I guess my body is telling me to 'get back to work'
Hmm. I've always had a round butt. It's currently too big but always high and round. Just recently I noticed it's looking somewhat flatter and wider -- *not* my usual look. I haven't exercised for the past week but I'd also been going gentler/easier and think all that Ellen I've been doing hasn't helped it. I gave up lunges but think I'd better get back to squats and deadlifts at the minimum.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-12, 07:37 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
demeris, would you mind sharing your routine?
I don't really have a routine. I try to do t-tapp at least 2Xs a week and barre at least 2Xs a week.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-12, 04:10 PM  
BevPerry

Hi Everyone:

I have a question.

I do not like to do lunges due to knee issues. To get my butt perky, do Squats and Deadlifts really work to round everything out. I am a pear shape.

Thank you.

Beverly
BevPerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-12, 04:38 PM  
Diavolobella
VF Supporter

Running

I had to quit doing any Firm tall box work about a decade ago because my quads got disproportionately large. I never felt it did anything special for my butt anyway even though I was a devoted Firm fan. My butt was definitely firm, but I didn't feel it was particularly lifted or that the shape changed any. What does it for me unlike anything else is running. My rear end has never looked this good and I'm 49, so go figure. I think it just depends on the person, what your body has gotten accustomed to and your age. Sometimes you need a change.

"We all want the looooove...without the handles!" Tracy Effinger

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Diavolobella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-12, 01:49 PM  
Ann1964

My pancake needs major help & I am doing more KB hoping it helps. I sure don't need a thicker waist like someone said here though.
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-12, 04:19 PM  
sammycakes

Heavy deadlifts (heavy being anywhere from 60-75 lbs total) has definitely rounded out my pancake butt. I also do floorwork and P57 type seat work pretty often.
sammycakes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spongebob butt