Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-03-22, 06:56 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
Yes, I am a freedom fit streamer, so I have had access to some of these there. I like StepAA better than WalkAA, because the variety is better, it is more progressive in terms of choreography (from SUPER basic, "learn to step" level to more intermediate choreography). I like WalkAA, but the only difference between the workouts is the location. StepAA progresses in choreography and some of the workouts run a little longer. 40m is my sweet spot for cardio and some of these flirt with that at 37 or 38 minutes in length.

Both sets are well worth having IMHO.
Thank you for the information. I will definitely be ordering these dvds/downloads.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 09:53 AM  
bethellen

I ordered the dvds. I've been enjoying WalkAA and really look forward to this set.
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 09:59 AM  
Dancing Queen

Woo hoo, I just ordered the DVDs! I enjoyed Walk Across America AND Jenny's Seven Summit Step Challenge, so I know I'll get a lot of use out of these.
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 11:40 AM  
rykram

I just ordered. Finding time to fit in fitness lately has been tough and I have lacked motivation. Being cooped up and not being able to travel more has been depressing. Maybe these will inspire me. If nothing else, I’ll get to get out a bit
rykram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 11:55 AM  
Lori_Michigan

I have largely given up step but does anyone have opinions as to this set? I always do a "sunshine" rotation in February (since the days where I live are freezing, snowy, gray, and a combo of all three). I tend to back off the weights in February and do more fusion and easy cardio to mix it up.

I have the WalkAA set but rarely reach for it since a lot of the backgrounds are somewhat cloudy and overcast and I was hoping for sunny and at least picturesque if not on a beach (like some of Jessica Smith's).

I enjoyed her Hawaii step workout and the beach one from California (these were on Amazon Prime a couple years ago, not sure if they're still there?) but I don't want to have an entire set if there's just a couple that are what I need to get through February...
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 12:37 PM  
Mickey12

Lori,

I think these workouts are very similar to the Walk Across America workouts in that a lot of them are filmed on cloudy days. (or it may just seem that way because we want them all to be sunny days). I mark them as I do them whether the sun is out or not. It's sort of a toss up.
Old 01-28-22, 01:18 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Lori,

I think these workouts are very similar to the Walk Across America workouts in that a lot of them are filmed on cloudy days. (or it may just seem that way because we want them all to be sunny days). I mark them as I do them whether the sun is out or not. It's sort of a toss up.
Thanks for the heads up, I like Jenny a lot but if the majority aren't sunny backgrounds then I'll pass.

That's a great idea to make a note about the sun being out or not. I need to go do that on the WalkAA set! Thanks!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 03:07 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Thanks for the heads up, I like Jenny a lot but if the majority aren't sunny backgrounds then I'll pass.

That's a great idea to make a note about the sun being out or not. I need to go do that on the WalkAA set! Thanks!
I did that because with so many workouts, if I want to do one again, I will definitely choose one with sun over one with clouds and there is no way I could remember which ones are sunny without making a note.
Old 01-28-22, 07:48 PM  
OSusanna

I have a DVD Called Coast to Coast volume one. I may also Have a second volume two I currently can’t find. Do any of these workouts appear on this new set?

I’m currently going through walk-through America. I’m on Workout six so far and even though I have a ton of step videos think I need this set too. Because you know. I do. And I just wanna To know if I will have overlapping workouts with these two work out video sets.

I had a spinal injury and I’m recovering and hoping to get way back into things and forever grateful for the easy pace that Jenny gives.
OSusanna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 10:06 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSusanna View Post
I have a DVD Called Coast to Coast volume one. I may also Have a second volume two I currently can’t find. Do any of these workouts appear on this new set?

I’m currently going through walk-through America. I’m on Workout six so far and even though I have a ton of step videos think I need this set too. Because you know. I do. And I just wanna To know if I will have overlapping workouts with these two work out video sets.

I had a spinal injury and I’m recovering and hoping to get way back into things and forever grateful for the easy pace that Jenny gives.
OSusanna, the coast to coast volume 1 has Hawaii, New York and San Francisco. On the 50 workout set, there is no San Francisco workout. The California workout is at another location. The New York workout on the big set is filmed at Niagara Falls and the New York workout on the single disc is filmed with the Statue of Liberty in the background, so those appear to be different. Now it’s possible that the choreography is the same for the state regardless of where it’s filmed.

I think the Hawaii workouts are different but it’s harder to tell. They are filmed in the same location, but Jenny has a different top on. I think the choreography is different but I can’t be totally sure. Hope that helps.

Tags
jenny ford, step across america