Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-18-22, 08:13 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: one hour on the treadmill watching my new Netflix fav: The Lincoln Lawyer. It was 95 degrees here today. Ugh…
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-22, 11:37 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a bit of a mishmash. I did a short walk in the morning with DH downtown while the weather was still cooler. In the afternoon I started with Fitness by Eva on Youtube but stopped after about 20 minutes because it was kind of strange. I expected a weight workout based on the description but it was a cardio workout completely without any cueing at all, just instrumental music and lots of arm and leg movement. I then followed up with 46 minutes of Body Pump on Youtube with a new instructor that was pretty good, and finished with about 15-20 minutes of yoga on my own.

Karjoy - I loved the Lincoln Lawyer books and movie. I didn't realize they made a series out of it too. Mickey Haller is quite a character. I always enjoy the books that feature him.

Vannie - Have fun Friday!

Hi to Cher and Gibbee. Have a good day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-22, 09:04 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Burn Boot Camp for UB tonight. Feels like each UB muscle group got thoroughly worked. Yippee!
Old 05-20-22, 06:57 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes of yoga.

Waves to everyone.
Old 05-20-22, 08:04 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys, guess who I heard from today? Cher! She wanted me to tell everyone hello and said I could tell you all about going on vacation to the beautiful state of Florida and getting Covid. Fortunately she did fine and isolated for 10 days or so and tested negative today.
She hopes to be back to working out and checking in again pretty soon. It was so good to chat.

I ran on the mill for an hour while watching Lincoln Lawyer. I am pretty addicted to this series. Not as violent as Ozark and more believable for me. I will get some recommendations from you all when I finish this.

TGIF
Old 05-21-22, 01:51 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 46 minutes total body workout from Youtube followed by 30 minutes of low impact cardio from Youtube. It's been fun finding different workouts from Youtube to do for a change of pace from Cathe.

Karjoy - Thanks for the update on Cher. Bummer to get COVID but I'm not super suprrised given Florida's easy going attitude toward the pandemic!

Waves!
Old 05-21-22, 08:55 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Yep, Jbliff, Florida has thrown caution to the wind with Covid. People are pretty much maskless everywhere these days. I saw only 2-3 other people (besides me) with masks in Target today. And the graph of our cases in the past 2 weeks is pretty much straight up. Ugh…

Ran 30 min on the mill today and went to Burn for total body strength. It was very squat heavy and my legs are feeling it.
Old 05-22-22, 10:13 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Body Combat from Youtube and 20 minutes of yoga.

I hope everyone is having a good Sunday.
Old 05-22-22, 08:23 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I did about 30 min on my bike today. Nice and easy. Still need to get totally comfortable with shifting, braking, turning corners etc. Luckily I have a business center close by where there is no traffic at all on Sunday so I cruise around there and nearby. Not ready for cars just yet!
Old 05-23-22, 12:36 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Fit Split Low Impact/Metabolic Conditioning + extra stretching on my own.

Karjoy - Just curious: Are there specific requirements about which bikes competitors can use during the race?

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.