Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-20, 09:06 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I went out for a walk yesterday morning before it got too hot and walked throughout the day and ended up with 12,000 steps, so that was nice. It's rainy and very humid today so I'll just do indoor walking and a strength workout.

Donna, I forgot to mention I also wear gloves when I go shopping. You don't have to, but I like to wear them because they remind me not to touch my face.

Sherry, I don't think you really need to wipe off groceries. I started doing that back when I was ordering from Instacart, but I might stop. They also say we should put things in the garage for a few days before using them and I've never done that and never had a problem. I have a portable A/C in the living room that does a great job. The one I ordered arrived yesterday and I'm going to set it up in my exercise room today.

Later...
Old 06-05-20, 09:46 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I switched gears and did an Essentrics workout. It was one from the challenge lead by Gail - it was good routine - standing and then some floorwork.

My challenge, as always, is to fit everything I like to do and everything I need to do into a rotation/plan!

MVA (DMV but in MD) is open now and my DD's road test is scheduled for 6/19. They are doing it completely differently now - all they have to do to pass is pull into a space, back into a space, and do a 3 point turn - the inspector is going to grade them from OUTSIDE the car. I hope she does ok! It is odd that they are not driving on the road at all.

It has been a stressful morning dealing with various issues. Hopefully the day picks up and turns around soon.

waves, everyone -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 09:26 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday evening was the 15 Minute One Mile Walk from WS3. That was a nice LI walk that got my heart rate up. There is some high impact, but easy to modify. Today was the 20 Minute Total Body Barre. I've been in the mood for lighter workouts this week.

Went to the dentist today for my crown. It was too high and she did grind it down with the drill, and it does feel a lot better. If it doesn't feel better in a couple of days, the nerve could be inflamed. I would need a root canal, which will cost me $1700. Ouch. I don't understand why it would be so expensive, especially since I think they are using the same crown? Anyway, I might just be chewing on one side from now on, lol. Hopefully, the nerve will heal. I could tell it felt a lot better when she had me bit down on it, after the drilling. I spent $900 for the crown last November. I might have gotten a discount going back to the same dentist, but I didn't trust him after this. Fortunately, this office did not charge me for today. Probably thinking I'll have to come back next week for the expensive stuff.

The staff wore masks, and the dentist had an N95 mask. I felt pretty safe there. I did wear my mask into the office, but obviously had to take it off. Funny, but the clerk was not able to get my temperature from aiming the instrument at my forehead. I wonder, could it have been my sunscreen or foundation?

wishiwasinhawaii, that is good to know about wiping down groceries. Tbh, I just never thought of it. There just seems to be so much disinfecting, it can drive me crazy! I have a little bit of OCD, so I have to be careful sometimes. I'm glad the portable a/c works well for you. That's great you will have one in your exercise room.

Donna, I wondered how they would do driving tests. I guess that makes sense, they would stay outside of the car.

pgun, I can relate. I am certainly taking it easier this week.
Old 06-06-20, 12:55 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

This morning's workout was:

Jenny Ford - Step Across America South Carolina
Trifecta Pilates - Principles of Pilates - 25 Min Breathing Practice

My day did improve yesterday and we had a Zoom happy hour for my last day. I start my new job Monday - eek -- it will be interesting learning everything remotely. I also am helping out at my old job until the end of the month.

Hope everyone has a good day - very hot and humid here.

Surprisingly, returning my mom's cable equipment to Comcast was not a nightmare!

Sherry - glad you are seeing improvement with your tooth! I almost did that Barre workout yesterday but did CS instead since I have a subscription paid for this month.

Pgun - yes, sometimes at the end of the day, I don't want to do anything either.

wishiwasinhawaii - that is a good idea about the gloves.

Take care,

Donna
Old 06-06-20, 03:20 PM  
Leonana

Today was cardio, WS2 Ready Steady Go.

My tooth is throbbing today, I'm sure the drilling yesterday inflamed it more. I will most likely need a root canal. But the price at this office seems excessive, so I have an appointment a week from Monday at a more affordable dentist. Maybe I'll get lucky, and it will calm down completely by then!

In good news, our weather cooled off from a high of 106 to a high of 91. It's only supposed to last a few days, but I'll take it.

On another note, I paid to be a VF Supporter, but nothing has been done about it. I don't see it below my name, and I don't have any of the privileges. Oh well, I mainly wanted to support the forum, but it does seem to highlight the fact that it's not being monitored, along with new members not being approved.

Donna, the Zoom Happy Hour sounds like fun! I'm glad returning the cable box was easy, you were due for something easier!
Old 06-07-20, 07:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Modern Interval w/ Ellen for me this morning followed by a stretchy Pilates from Trifecta.

Jessica's Summer of Strength starts tomorrow - not sure if I will follow it or not or just keep doing what I'm doing which is some sort of loose collection of Pilates-Ellen-Cardio-Jessica V.

Sherry - I'm sorry about your tooth - I hope it is better today. Dental work is so expensive...even w/ insurance. Thank you for reminding me about VF support - I should re-up mine. It is one of those things I keep forgetting to do. I guess I will do it and see what happens.

I would so hate for this forum to go away.

Waves, everyone -

Donna
Old 06-07-20, 08:02 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I mowed the lawn this morning and then did Jessica's 8 minute towel stretch. We had nice weather today but I had no motivation so I read a book most of the day.

I started Summer of Strength a couple of weeks ago so I started week 3 yesterday. Not sure what I'll do after I finish, but maybe I'll do it again or go back and do Calm and Strong again.

I don't think this forum is going away because it's very active, but it is weird that there doesn't seem to be anyone monitoring it.

Donna, Glad to hear Comcast didn't give you a hard time. I like Summer of Strength, but if you're happy with the loose rotation you've been doing, you can always start SoS another time. Good luck with your new job tomorrow!

Sherry, It's funny 91 is considered cool there! It was 77 here today and it felt so nice. Hope your tooth is ok. It's good you're getting another opinion.

Time to watch TV!
Old 06-08-20, 07:26 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I decided to give Calm & Strong a go - I like the variety of workouts in this rotation - so we shall see how it goes! I'm going to do the DVD version and at some point, maybe go back and do the You Tube version.

Today was:

Cardio Hit - From WS 3.0 - I admit I have been scared of the WS 3.0 workouts, thinking they would be too hard for me - while this was not an easy workout, I was able to do it - I left out the impact and moved at my own pace - but I got it done! It was kickboxing cardio w/ some leg/kicking drills at the end.

I added on with Yoga with Kassandra - Morning Yoga Stretch - which was the first practice in her 30 days of morning yoga challenge from earlier this year. It was ok - may have to try more of her stuff out to get a feel for it.

wishiwasinhawaii - we had nice weather yesterday - much less humid than Friday and Saturday!

Sherry - I hope the tooth calms down and you don't need a root canal.

waves, pgun.

Tomorrow is fusion w/ Jessica! Will also try to up my steps today, too.

Donna
Old 06-08-20, 08:10 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was 20-Minute Cardio Sculpting. I don't think I'd ever done that one before and it was one of those sneaky ones you think will be easy, but it's not!

Donna, I was afraid of WS 3 workouts as well because it's been a couple of years since I did that rotation and remember it being tough, but I've been able to do them, although I do modify some of the moves. The toughest one is Metabolic Conditioning. I also do the DVD options, if I have that DVD. I don't have any of her barre or abs DVDs so I have to do the youtube options on those days. I really liked Calm & Strong and will probably go back to it when I finish SoS. It's a nice mix and I actually got good results with it and didn't feel worn out. I was also considering doing P90X3, which is very tough, but I'll decide about that when I finish the next round of Calm & Strong.

Well, it's 9:00 so I have to start working...
Old 06-08-20, 01:32 PM  
Leonana

I started SOS, and dd WS3 Total Body. I also remember this one as being hard, but it's not as hard as I remember. Probably because I'm using lighter weights and follow Debbie. I can't do more than five pounds overhead. I use eight pounds for leg and bicep work. I don't do the floor ab work, and subbed the Pilates 100 and some leg stretching. From what I've read, my core is not strong enough for ab work on the floor, and I always get a sore lower back.

My tooth is feeling better! I'm cautiously hopeful. I'm still keeping my appointment for next week. I need a yearly checkup, plus I think I have another tooth with a partially broken filling. It feels a little rough.

Donna, I think I will do Calm & Strong after SOS. I didn't do it completely last time, because I was painting. I'd like to do the complete rotation.

wishiwasinhawaii, when you get used to the hotter weather, it does feel cooler! It's also very dry, I find that makes a big difference. Thanks for the reassurance about the forum. I hope it is around for a long time.

Tags
jessica smith get strong