Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-20-19, 07:28 PM  
Fitstick

I know this was popular a few years back but I could never get into it, I gave away my set. I did not care for the setting or the lack of cuing. I guess the whole vibe of TA in this series did not match what motivates me.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-19, 08:20 PM  
Gams

It said online that Tracy is only 5’0” tall - is that accurate?
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-19, 07:02 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
I know this was popular a few years back but I could never get into it, I gave away my set. I did not care for the setting or the lack of cuing. I guess the whole vibe of TA in this series did not match what motivates me.
This! Her lack of cuing was infuriating. She doesn't even tell you when to switch sides, which is a problem when you are in a position in which you can't see the screen! She did manage to create a huge buzz here on VF back in the day, though.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-19, 02:30 PM  
cpcathy

I had to give up Hipcentric, I had broken my wrist and it was very difficult on my wrist and my knees.
Tracy is not only notorious for non-cueing, she can't chapter her DVDs. I have TAVA, which is a fun workout (despite her, there is another dance instructor) but it would be SO much better if it was chaptered. Then at the end of all the dances, you should be able to run through all of them, but she doesn't do that. So infuriating.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-19, 02:54 PM  
mle777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
It said online that Tracy is only 5’0” tall - is that accurate?
As far as I know, it is.

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-19, 03:26 PM  
aspidistra

I still do TA Meta after 5 years. I own most of her dvds and tried them all and my favourite is Meta Ab because my worst problem now is Abs. However annoying and dread-inspiring and downright boring some of it is, I get miracle results. In 2014 I went from a huge size 12 to a size 2, in about 8 months, just doing metamorphosis random levels. I gained weight in 2016 and then in 2017 I did Meta Ab correctly: not random levels but doing the same level for ten days, then go to the next. It's a 90 day program. At the end of that I did the first few months of continuity and at the end of it, I had gone from a size 10-12 to size 2, yet again. It works only when I do it every day. I don't take off a day every week as she says. I can't do the full 30 min plus cardio. My arthritis prevents that but I do as much as I can. My problem was giving it up and thinking I could keep the great body even without doing the workout. Nope. After a few months all the fat comes back if I don't work out. I also subscribed to her streaming a few times and loved it as a side thing because it's like being in the class and the music she chooses is interesting and fun. But the dvds she made years ago still do the job and have all the important moves. Right now I'm doing Meta Ab again from the beginning and already lost 14 lbs. in the first month. I am scheduled to be at my perfect weight by October. I am strictly cataloguing my food intake and exercise. I used to be able to work out randomly but now I need the structure of a system to follow daily.
aspidistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-19, 05:02 PM  
Gams

Yikes - “a huge size 12”? I’m guessing some folks are going to feel insulted.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-19, 05:21 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Yikes - “a huge size 12”? I’m guessing some folks are going to feel insulted.
Yep! I am happy with my size 12. No one ever guesses that I'm a size 12. I have broad shoulders, a small waist and larger hips. When I was at my lowest weight and considered underweight I was a size 6. A size 2 is never gonna happen for me and I'm fine with it. My bone structure doesn't call for it. But not everyone is a "huge" size 12.
Old 06-22-19, 05:34 PM  
aspidistra

Of course a size 12 isn't huge. It's a medium, and I know that. I've chosen to be a size 12 to 18 most of my adult life and was perfectly happy and healthy until I got osteoarthritis. My rheumatologist said I have to weigh less in order to protect my knees. But my reply was about my experience with Metamorphosis, to give encouragement. I've had five years experience with it and it did reduce my size and my weight. The weight and size come back when I don't do it every day. I was never huge and I was never tiny. Going down one size is only about one inch, so five dress sizes is five inches. The point is, it does work when I do it diligently and at my age I don't care about vanity. Whether I'm a size 12 or 2 doesn't matter. I wanted to be able to run up the stairs and play with my grandchildren by lightening the stress on my knees. The program makes the leg muscles strong and they take away stress from the knee. I thought it was obvious I was using the word "huge" ironically and I'm sorry to offend.
aspidistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-19, 02:10 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspidistra View Post
Of course a size 12 isn't huge. It's a medium, and I know that. I've chosen to be a size 12 to 18 most of my adult life and was perfectly happy and healthy until I got osteoarthritis. My rheumatologist said I have to weigh less in order to protect my knees. But my reply was about my experience with Metamorphosis, to give encouragement. I've had five years experience with it and it did reduce my size and my weight. The weight and size come back when I don't do it every day. I was never huge and I was never tiny. Going down one size is only about one inch, so five dress sizes is five inches. The point is, it does work when I do it diligently and at my age I don't care about vanity. Whether I'm a size 12 or 2 doesn't matter. I wanted to be able to run up the stairs and play with my grandchildren by lightening the stress on my knees. The program makes the leg muscles strong and they take away stress from the knee. I thought it was obvious I was using the word "huge" ironically and I'm sorry to offend.
No worries! My goal with fitness isn't about how tiny I can be, but how strong I can be so I can continue moving easily. Good for you that TA helps you stay fit and allows you to keep up with your grandkids!

Tags
meta, metamorphosis, ta meta, tracy anderson, tracy anderson meta