Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-16, 12:39 AM  
aspidistra

I was horrified to see her 5 rules. I've given her the benefit of the doubt all along but this is too much. She is getting more and more irrational, elitist and living in an ivory tower where only her rules matter. As it is I go against all conventional wisdom doing her workouts and loving them. And I always knew her workout did not give me the flawless skinny frame she promotes and I could not tolerate her starvation diet. But I thought it was a good all purpose workout for me which I enjoyed doing. I am just annoyed at her huge ego and insane ideas and have about had it with her. But who doesn't think they are the be all and end all of the fitness world? Doesn't ego go along with it? But I invested hundreds of dollars on her dvds because I fell for her brand and bought into her plan. I was the chump. Anyway....I was her biggest fan but now I'm kind of feeling I was a sucker.
Old 03-19-16, 06:51 AM  
SEV

I can never follow TA's fitness advice because we are from two very different worlds. In my world you just may have to "push a car" so I want to be ready and swinging a KB around just might help
Old 03-19-16, 07:04 AM  
bex

I am so glad I read this in the evening and not during my morning routine.

"...your brain will actually start to grow fatty acids and you get double bonds."

This would have made me spit coffee at my computer.

I know many people love her workouts and feel they get results. I might even try a rotation myself. But girl, please, don't try to talk science.
Old 03-19-16, 07:12 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
I am so glad I read this in the evening and not during my morning routine.

"...your brain will actually start to grow fatty acids and you get double bonds."

This would have made me spit coffee at my computer.

I know many people love her workouts and feel they get results. I might even try a rotation myself. But girl, please, don't try to talk science.
Hahahahaha! Indeed.

She makes me crazy. Though I will say, I agree with her (to some degree) on two points. I do believe in exercising every day. Not necessarily sweating, because that's highly relative, but doing some form of purposeful movement on a daily basis. That might just be a brisk walk to the wine shop! But something involving a bit of effort. I'm not a fan of the 30-minutes-3-times-a-week guideline. Who came up with that, anyway??

I also like #4 on her list. In the past I've tended to skip around too much, but I do get better results sticking to one type of training for a while. And by 'a while,' I mean a few weeks or months, not years on end. Giving my body a chance to adapt has been really beneficial.
Old 03-19-16, 07:42 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomper View Post
This article was hot off the presses. Put up March 16, 2016. Also you can tell the interview was current, because it mentions the endorsement deal Tracy made with Buick.

http://media.buick.com/media/us/en/b...-anderson.html
No what I meant was maybe they took some old comments of hers and put them in a new article. I was hoping because, you know, that stuff doesn't make any sense that she's saying. Except for the two points Nuggies Aunt made, and even those get a little slaughtered by Tracey a bit when you start reading further.

I just don't understand why Tracey makes these comments, because she doesn't have to. People buy her workouts because they work for them and are fun. She really doesn't need science at this point, so why make up crazy comments?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 03-19-16, 08:32 AM  
sophiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspidistra View Post
I was horrified to see her 5 rules. I've given her the benefit of the doubt all along but this is too much. She is getting more and more irrational, elitist and living in an ivory tower where only her rules matter. As it is I go against all conventional wisdom doing her workouts and loving them. And I always knew her workout did not give me the flawless skinny frame she promotes and I could not tolerate her starvation diet. But I thought it was a good all purpose workout for me which I enjoyed doing. I am just annoyed at her huge ego and insane ideas and have about had it with her. But who doesn't think they are the be all and end all of the fitness world? Doesn't ego go along with it? But I invested hundreds of dollars on her dvds because I fell for her brand and bought into her plan. I was the chump. Anyway....I was her biggest fan but now I'm kind of feeling I was a sucker.
+1. Her Instagram page. It's not her but some of her fans are obsessed. she can do no wrong and they worship her like a god. These are 40+year old women.
Some of her fans don't help the idea that she is catering to a certain niche.
Her PR/Marketing team must work over time.

Anyway, I'm feeling you aspidistra.

Also, I really like that article that was posted . KCM is a babe. The author doesn't sound like a dude-bro, he acknowledges all body types and genetics. That was great to read.
Old 03-19-16, 09:57 AM  
Chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Hahahahaha! Indeed.

She makes me crazy. Though I will say, I agree with her (to some degree) on two points. I do believe in exercising every day. Not necessarily sweating, because that's highly relative, but doing some form of purposeful movement on a daily basis. That might just be a brisk walk to the wine shop! But something involving a bit of effort. I'm not a fan of the 30-minutes-3-times-a-week guideline. Who came up with that, anyway??

I also like #4 on her list. In the past I've tended to skip around too much, but I do get better results sticking to one type of training for a while. And by 'a while,' I mean a few weeks or months, not years on end. Giving my body a chance to adapt has been really beneficial.
I think the 30 min/3x a week was a public health policy decision and they were thinking about how hard it is to get people to exercises and went with the minimum effective dose. Now they know even 20 minutes is super effective health-wise. I am totally on board for brisk walks to wine shops.
Old 03-19-16, 09:59 AM  
desie

For me, paying attention to the instructor's personality is detrimental to being able to enjoy one of their workouts. I do like TA workouts, they can get me to do a 1/2 hour and work hard enough to challenge myself, when my other workouts are too much hard work coming at me too fast to contemplate on that day. Love the workout, avoid the personality/hype of the instructor. There's one instructor in my collection whose personality really scrapes against my senses, but her workouts are my favourite. The less I know about her personality, the better. And taking their point of view, being in the public eye is not an easy way to live.. even an angel like Sylwia inspires some people to take offense.
Old 03-19-16, 02:38 PM  
holliholli915

WOW! There's a whole debate going on over on TA's IG page about her statements in that Well & Good article, including a response from TA herself.

Her response clarifies her points. But, if she really feels the way she does in her IG comment, I don't understand how W&G got it so wrong in their article. It's either a case of extremely bad journalism or she read it and realized how flawed her statements were in that article and is now back-tracking.

Some of her followers, tho. It's scary how much they just co-sign anything she says and defend her no matter what. You can be supportive of someone and still recognize when they say/do something wrong. SMH
Old 03-19-16, 03:31 PM  
sophiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliholli915 View Post
Some of her followers, tho. It's scary how much they just co-sign anything she says and defend her no matter what. You can be supportive of someone and still recognize when they say/do something wrong. SMH
Yep. You said it better than I did!

I think it's the new wave of feminism that says you can't criticize a woman EVER and support everything she does.

Case in point: She posted a picture of herself in a Native American headdress claiming she's part Choctaw.

Now, she could be, but and this was pointed out to her by some of her Native American followers, if she actually knew the culture she would know that what she did is disrespectful and in tribal culture incorrect.

It's not a fashion trend.

Her fan girls came to her defense with gems such as "But she looks cute!" " she should be allowed to post and wear what she wants" and various cries of hater and being in supportive.
Needless to say TA took the picture down.

It seems like if you criticize TA, even when she does something wrong, you're being unsupportive to women.

Trust me, I like TA's workouts and I think there is value in them for sure but at the same time I'm starting to feel like I'm taking part in a cult...sorta.
Closed Thread

Tags
tracy anderson