Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-28-20, 06:59 AM  
Cher

Total Max Mixers - Week of June 28

Thursday’s workout was TS premix for GS Back, Shoulders & Biceps, then about a 30 minute walk in the evening. Friday one of my friends from WW called and wanted to know if I wanted to walk at a local park. I opted to go meet her since I haven’t been able to see her in a while since WW is shut down still. She is in her 70’s so we only walked for about 30 minutes but it was so nice to see her and chat while we walked. I did end up going for another 30 minute walk in the evening. Yesterday plan was to do some cardio & GS Chest & Triceps. I did Step Sync warm-up & combo 3....I was just about finished with that and my sister called so that was the end of my workout.

Thanks everyone for the anniversary wishes.

Vannie - Mackinac Island is pretty cool! No cars allowed! You take a boat over and get around by either walking, renting bikes or bringing your own bike, or by horse & carriage. Did you ever see the movie “Somewhere in Time?” (I love this movie). Anyway, It’s from 1980 I think. It starred Christopher Reeves & Jane Seymour. It was filmed on Mackinac Island and at The Grand Hotel.

Karen - I heard about the rising Covid cases in FL and the bar closings. Ugh. Some people just don’t do what they are supposed to. There have been a few things going on here in Michigan this past few weeks that makes me wonder if our cases will be up higher again in the next week or two. Some People are just plain stupid!

Gibbee - I too need the sun light! It makes me feel so much better when it is sunny! I hate it getting dark earlier. At least here it stays light out until about 9:30 right now. I like lights on too when I’m doing something. If I go in my bedroom and watch TV & DH is out n the Living Room alone watching tv, he won’t even put a lamp on. It makes me crazy. He is always whiney about me having lights on. Sorry to hear you and DH have so much to deal with right now with DH’s health. Too bad your conference is canceled. You definitely need to get away and take a break.

JBliff - That’s nice that things are starting to open again where you are.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-20, 06:55 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 40 minutes on the elliptical. Saturday's workout was Strong & Sweaty Total Body Giant Sets + a 45-minute walk with DH in the morning.

Cher
- Thanks for getting us started. It looks like this virus is going to hang around in the US for a while. The country keeps having record high number of cases. In the meantime, my niece in France is going to Italy for a vacation since things are reopening in Europe!

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-20, 07:16 AM  
Cher

Sunday’s I normally just take a rest day whether I need it or not but since my sister called Saturday and interrupted my workout, today I decided to finish up what I was going to do Saturday which was TS Premix of GS Chest & Triceps.

JBliff - Yes, unfortunately, I agree about thinking the virus is here for awhile.
Old 06-29-20, 08:51 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Thanks for starting us off Cher. Yes, the former head of the FDA, I think his name is Dr. Gottlieb, said Florida officially has an epidemic. Oh dear...

Drive by checkin: 50 minute run/walk after work. Loving to be outdoors, even in the heat, to get rid of the stresses of the day.

Hey did you guys see that Cathe had to delay filming due to COVID? Of course we all figured that but it was nice for her to announce it for those hoping to get workouts soon.

Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-20, 07:02 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was LITE Metabolic Blast + core premix, going heavier than Cathe to increase the intensity.

Karjoy - I saw Cathe's announcement in her newsletter. I also saw today that the NJ governor is keeping in place some restrictions for the foreseeable future, so I wonder what that means for Cathe being able to film. At this point I'd be happy if we get the workouts before the end of the year.

Cher - It was nice you were able to meet with your friend for a walk.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 07-02-20, 05:14 AM  
Cher

Darrell got the call to be off longer so his next back to work date is Aug. 5. Yay!

Karen - Our Governor is now doing what Florida is and closed any bar here that gets 70% of their sales from alcohol. Mainly because some stupid people in Lansing were at a bar that was not operating as it should be and a bunch of younger adults were partying there. We now have over 100+ positive cases due to this one bar. 😡 Bars in upper lower Michigan and in the UP can still stay open. It’s mainly the lower half of lower Michigan where the most population is that this applies to.

I also saw A LOT of people walking around Meijer without a mask on yesterday. I was at the self checkout and there was a mom with 5 teenage kids and none of them had a mask! Really?!?! I was so irritated that the store is not enforcing this and are letting so many in that I sent the store an email. (Yes, I was one of those nutty people that actually did that. Lol) There was a lady at the entrance counting people coming in but not enforcing wearing a mask. I’m seriously considering not shopping there anymore if they are not going to enforce it at least somewhat and will shop at our Kroger where they do enforce it more. There were just to many there not doing it for such a big store.

Waves to everyone! I’m heading up to the cabin today. Have a fun safe holiday weekend!
Old 07-02-20, 08:51 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was PHA3.

Cher - We're lucky here in that everyone wears masks when in retail stores. That's probably why we can continue our reopening. Have fun at the cabin!

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 07-02-20, 03:51 PM  
Vantreesta

This morning I took Cyric for his short walk through the swimming pool that is our air lately. Hate it! Anyway, I dislike walking him before 8 bc there are so many other dogs out so we are constantly turning around to avoid them so he doesn't bark like a crazy dog. After we got back I ate breakfast and had my quiet time (meditation, Bible study) and then went out for a hot and sweaty 1.81 mile walk on my own. This afternoon I finally did some yoga again for the first time since Saturday. I pulled out an old comfortable one, Rodney Yee Power Yoga: Flexibility.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 06:20 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Sorry I missed a couple days.

DH and I drove down to St George island today for a few hours. It is just about 2 hours or a hair more from here. The beach is beautiful white sand. Most people are not off for the holiday yet so it was not crowded at all. We just stayed a few hours but it was perfect. We did not swim but waded ankle deep in the water and
Walked on the beach and sat admiring the ocean. We were getting so tired of not going places.

This morning I did a 3 mile run/walk and yesterday went to the outdoor boot camp again. That is so much fun!

Cher that’s so terrible about the 100 or more cases in MI related to bar openings. I mean really? No One is going to socially distance or wear a mask in a bar. I think bars should stay closed till COVID dies down some.

Jbliff we have a law here now that we have to wear masks in public thank heavens. I think it started 7-8 days ago.

Jbliff, Cher, Gibbee, and Vannie here’s a good one: a bar owner here in Tallahassee decided last weekend to let people come to his bar and bring your own bottle. He supposedly did not SERVE alcohol but let over 700 people gather at his establishment and in the parking lot, drinking and partying. Can you believe it? Fortunately he has had his liquor license suspended.

Jbliff I think you’re right that we may be lucky to see the Cathe DVDs anytime this year.

Vannie good job walking in the humidity.

Cher glad your DH gets to be off longer.

Gibbee how are you and DH and DD doing? Thinking of you.

Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 07:39 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Vannie: We are the same! The humidity has been so thick like soup that I haven't been outside much... as much as it saddens me. It is oppressive. This morning it hung in the air like fog but it wasn't fog.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote