Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-26-15, 09:10 AM  
sherry7899

2015 Holiday Gift Exchange wishlist-please post here!

I may add to the list later once I see everyone else's ideas, so please check back

Thank you so much for reading my wish list! I understand about being on a tight budget, and I will be very grateful for anything that is sent to me. My family does not really exchange gifts, so I absolutely love being part of the VF exchange and being surprised. It makes my holiday season! Thank you in advance for being my Santa

I have been married for twenty two years to a real sweetie, and we have a wonderful sixteen year old son, and three black cats who we treat like additional children

Please do not be put off by the length of my list. I only included a lot to increase the element of surprise and give my Santa more to work with. Hopefully that will make things easy. I will be thrilled with anything I receive.

I have chronic pain issues, so I cannot do anything with high impact. My favorite workouts are kickboxing, non-complicated dance, yoga (including kundalini) and barefoot workouts. I’m a music snob/geek, so I love workouts with great music.
I do not do any Firm, pilates, step or complex cardio.

DVD Wish List: (all are on Amazon)
-Flexibility Yoga for Beginners –Rodney Yee ( 11/30 release date, so this would be a pre-order)
-Bombay Jam: Bollywood Dance workout
-Natalie Spadaccino: Joyful Movement Cardio
- Tara Lee: Flow Yoga: Elementa Of Yoga Air and Water
-Karen Noonan : Yoganize Loving Self Yoga for Youth and Vitality
-Jane Adams:Improve Balance with Yoga for Beginners Stronger Standing Yoga Balance
-Shaun T CIZE (if you happen to have it used......just saw the infomercial for the first time this morning!)
-NIA "Sanjana" seems to be out of print, but if you happen to have it

If you can burn from you tube to dvd-r, I would LOVE that. I prefer yoga practices of thirty minutes or less. Honestly, I would use these more
than some commercially released dvds, so if you are on a tight budget (I totally understand) and regular dvds are too expensive, I'd be very happy with this

My favorite you tube channels are listed below-my emphasis for yoga is on gentle, relaxing, weight loss, lower back, neck, meditation, stress relief, balance, hip openings, insomnia practices, etc. Nothing advanced, though. Please surprise me!!! If you find
cardio with really good music that would be wonderful.

Yoga With Adrienne
Bad Yogi/Erin Motz Yoga
Yoga TX
Yogea Art Flow
Psyche Truth
Do Yoga With Me
Do You Yoga

I am a total bookworm-my Amazon wish list is here-

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi...wl_rlist_go_v?

-unscented eye pillow for yoga/headaches: (purple, pink or turquoise)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...=sr_1_4&sr=8-4

-anything with Peanuts characters, especially Snoopy –I adore Snoopy!
-my favorite colors are purple and pink (all shades), blue, red and black. My least favorite colors are brown, orange, yellow and green.
-anything with cats (especially black cats) fairies, or butterflies
-warm fuzzy socks in pink, purple, or blue (size 10 feet)
-bookmarks
-anything dark chocolate or dark chocolate with peanut butter or dark chocolate with peppermint, peppermint bark, bought or homemade-please surprise me
I prefer dark chocolate to milk chocolate, but won’t say no to milk chocolate
-anything pumpkin, including recipes
_ I am a Trader Joe’s junkie, so any treats from there would be welcome!
-cute notepads or blank journals (any size!) with cats, fairies, Peanuts characters, hearts , butterflies
-colored pens, especially in colors like purple, blue or pink (all shades)
-anything handmade-I cannot knit, crochet or sew, and would be grateful for anything handmade like a scarf, throw or jewelry-especially in purple if you happen to have any of these skills
-I do not drink coffee and already have a huge variety of teas, but I do love hot chocolate, especially with peppermint
-cds (please see Amazon wish list) I am a music geek
-I love to cook and bake, and would like recipes for soups/stews, chicken, turkey, vegetarian and one dish meals, green smoothies, smoothies, no bake healthy desserts and anything with chocolate or peanut butter. I do not really eat beef or pork. I do not mean to spend money on cookbooks-please pass along any favorite recipes you happen to have.
-small kitchen items like a set of measuring spoons in fun colors, or silicone spatulas.
My kitchen is blue, but I love other bright colors.
-cds for relaxation and yoga nidra to help with insomnia (some are on my Amazon wishlist, but I’d be glad for anything!)

Beauty products:

-burt's bees "fig shade" lip shimmer or lip tints in deep pink/rose shades or red (any brand)
-essential oils (I have a plug in warmer) or natural soaps or body butter or lotions-my favorite scents are lilac, rose, gardenia, vanilla, coconut, jasmine , lilies, hydrangea, almond, cinnamon, brown sugar and pumpkin. I have dry skin, so anything moisturizing would be great.
-I dislike fruit scents, except for coconut. No lavender scents, please (causes headaches)
-Shower gel or lotion in any of the above scents, or holiday scents :cinnamon/vanilla, warm vanilla sugar (bath and body works ), sweet cinnamon pumpkin( bath and body works ) or any brand-I am not picky.
-I have long hair, and love unusual large barrettes (the size that can hold hair pulled back from both sides ) especially silver/ pewter ones shaped liked hearts, flowers, etc or coated hair rubber bands for ponytails for when I exercise

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but please do not send any of the following:

-candles (we have a very curious cat)
-tea (I have a lot already)
-holiday decorations –we have a cat who is a climber and gets into everything
-lip balms-I have a ton already

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 10:10 AM  
SeptemberGirl

Here is mine!

Dear Secret Santa,

THANK YOU!!!!! Here is some info about me…

I have been a FIRM fan since they started and my first two VHS ones were vol. 3 and vol. 6. At the time, I was in high school and that series was my introduction to weight training. I loved it so much that it inspired me to pursue a sport science degree in college. Back then, I grew my collection of VHS and now only recently, have almost finished collecting the dvd versions.

My workout tastes haven't changed too much and have since added Beachbody programs like P90X, T25, 21 Day Fix, etc. to my mix and also started building my Cathe collection. I just love weights and metabolic training! However, even loving weight training wasn't enough for me to click with workouts from trainers like Kelly Coffey Meyer, Jari Love, or the pink FIRMs--I just couldn’t get into those. Currently, Cathe has become my go-to and I sort of developed a huge passion for those and now my love for her workouts rival the love I have for the original FIRMs. Go figure!

Aside from fitness, more about me: I am also a huge fan of pop culture from the 80s, including the music, tv shows, collectibles like Swatch Watches, etc. I get pretty nostalgic around the holidays and find as the years go by, more and more, I miss the holidays of childhood and the details like the types of Christmas decorations that used to be used, or classic tree lights, tinsel, vintage decor, etc. My favorite colors are lavender and other shades of purple. I LOVE Zoya nail polishes, chocolate, and love baked-goods scented items (although I am allergic to cloves and have Celiac disease, so while I love the smell of baked goods, enjoying them is a bit harder because I can't eat gluten). My main hobby is painting with acrylics.

Now that you know me, here is my fitness wishlist:
Cathe Drill Max
Cathe Circuit Blast
Cathe Cardio Core Circuit
Cathe Turbo Barre
Cathe High Step Challenge
Cathe High Step Training
FIRM Super Cardio with Jennifer Carman, Dale Brabham, Allie Strickland, and Carissa Foster
FIRM Tough Cardio Mix

Non-fitness list:
Zoya nail polishes (not the matte ones) and any manicure things like emery boards, etc.
Chocolate
Magazines like Town & Country, Oxygen, Allure, and In Style
Comfy socks (I am size 6.5; will never go to bed without socks either!)
Gluten-free treats

Thank you so much and hugs to you!
SeptemberGirl
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 10:32 AM  
Rhonda

Thanks for starting.

DVDs:
Natalie Spadaccio Joyful Movement
Natalie Spadaccio Cardio & Sculpt
Mark Lauren Mobility RX
TangoFlex
Element Cardio & Conditioning
Baron Baptiste Unlocking Athletic Yoga
Baron Baptiste Long and Lean Yoga
Raviana Yoga Bliss Hips
Gift card to Amazon or Total Fitness

Other items:
Christmas ornament
Burts Bee Chapstick
Fruit Candy (salt water taffy; licorice; tootsie rolls, etc)
Chocolate candy but none with those fruity flavors - just plain milk, or dark.
Dark chocolate Hot Chocolate (swiss miss)
Green Tea (not mixed with flavors) I do like the celestial seasonings green mixed with white, Tazo Zen
nice smelling candles
Nice comfy exercise socks.
2016 calendar (love wolves, could be fitness related)

May add more as I see others.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 10:32 AM  
54sneakers
VF Supporter

Hi everyone….I haven’t participated in a couple of years so I am really looking forward to researching my “giftee”. Below is a little bit about me with some ideas:

DVD'S I'm interested in:
Illaria Powerstrike 7, Atletica 4 or Abs & Pushups
Jillian Michaels Killer Arms & Back
Pure Barre Lowry Lofts2, Flatirons2 or Mile High2
Suzanne Bowen Barre Amped Boot Camp or Gorgeous Core

Gift card to Amazon or Total Fitness DVD’s. I also don’t mind gently used DVDs so if you have something that you don’t like that you think I would like, that’s perfectly OK too.

I love bath and body stuff, especially shower gels and my favorites are H2O Sea Salt or Bobbi Brown Beach, so anything along those lines (beachy) or orange scented is great….lotions, soaps, scrubs, etc. The Philosophy Fresh Cream line is a favorite as well. Nail polish in neutral colors (Essie, OPI or Butter London). Another idea is over the knee socks to wear with boots (I wear a size 10 shoe).

As far as fitness items, I would love a fitness journal, all grip yoga blocks that have the cutouts, or a thick headband to keep my bangs out of my eyes when I work out would be great too. I also like yoga type bracelets, the kind with beads, tassles, charms, etc.

My favorite colors are red, turquoise and black.

As far as my favorite food item, that is easy - anything with peanut butter and/or dark chocolate (the darker the better).

Again, thanks Secret Santa!
54sneakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 11:36 AM  
sherry7899

I saw recently that Swiss Miss makes dark hot chocolate-it seems a lot of us are looking for dark hot chocolate There are higher end brands, but I wanted to post a more affordable option.

Trader Joe's makes dark chocolate peanut butter cups....just saying !

Old 10-26-15, 11:47 AM  
JENILU

Dear Santa,
Hi. I am so excited to be taking part in this. Please don’t feel compelled by any of this. I just don’t post a lot, so its hard to get inside my head unless I put it all out there like this. If a long, over informative list gives you anxiety, please tell an elf and I can narrow it down. I don’t mind used, lightly scratched, etc.. Depending on the item, I don’t even mind if there is no case.
I have a lot of health and anxiety problems so couldn’t take care of my mom anymore, so she, bless her, lives in assisted living now, still enjoying gentler Leslie walks!! I now live with my fiancée, and my wonderful son, and my fiancee’s son. We have 5 dogs, I cat, and a new baby Quaker Parrot (George, because I like to squeeze him, and pet him, and love him and call him George)
I love building a relationship with God in any way I can, and try to be a good Christian. am a yoga freak, addicted to youtube, and I am a homebody. I love my coffee and quiet time each morning. Into conspiracy theories around the level that Dan Brown writes about. Most days include yoga and Jessica Smith walks or something flowy, and go to physical therapy. I am a blue jeans/yoga pants & ponytail/baseball cap kinda girl. When pain is tolerable, I attend (and LOVE) Bodyflow classes! I am hoping to one day get certified to teach yoga to female trauma sufferers and chair therapeautic yoga to the elderly.
(Random list trying to give lots of ideas. Not in order, and anything expensive can be used or please disregard. I have no idea what you might have lying around unused, lol - and you're definately NOT limited to what I type!)
- any of the Irest audio programs (has to do with Yoga Nidra/PTSD)
- Mark Lauren – Mobility RX or EFX
- Larisa Didio – Strogation
- Leslie Sansone – Walk to the Hits All Time Favorites or Burn to the Beat
- Jennifer Galardi – Flowetry
- Zyrka Landwijt – Gentle Yoga (The indoor one)
- Rodney and Colleen – Flow Yoga for Beginners (the new one)
- Petra Kolber Elegant Strength
- Dressed up Drills
- Linda Wooldridge – Interval Barre Fusion Total Core (or others, but no stability ball or bands, DVRs from her site are very inexpensive, but I do have several. I’d be glad to tell an elf what I don’t have, or even some of her youtube stuff)
- Kino’s Yoga for Beginners
- Gilad's 30th Anniversary DVD #1 0r 2 (actually any)
- Gorgeous Core with Suzanne Bowen
- Pilates Fix: Trim, Tighten and Tone
- Well Worked out with Tannis
- Bob’s Skinny Rules Yoga
- Videos from the Ultimate Yogi set (any, but preferably gentler or detoxifying ones); possibly some from Yoga Warrior 360
- Rachel Brice – Yoga Isolations and Drills for Bellydance
- Sadie Nardini - Total Body Transformation or Whole Body Tone + Deeper Core Strength
- Yogafit for Warriors (or anything that is healing for PTSD)
- Kathy Smith - Fastfit or TA Method Express (quick add ons)
- Walmart had some Zumba DVDs I wouldn’t mind trying. I have exhilarate basic set, but would try any others except maybe the Live one or the hardest ones)
- Would still love disks from Classical Stretch Total Body/Athlete’s intense Stretch, Season 6 or Season 8, or any of the Aging Backwards DVDs (I know this is expensive, but maybe you have single DVDs lying around that you don’t like)
- I've got pretty much everything Jessica Smith, but if she suddenly comes out w/ anything new, I'd love it!
- * Holy Yoga or other Christian yoga DVDs would be nice. I have the Holy Yoga book and meditation DVD set, but no practices.
- If there is something with the healing, detoxing benefits of Kundalini, but without the chanting, I would LOVE to try it.
- Gift card to Amazon, Totalfitness DVDs, or YogaOutlet.com or online yoga subscription sites. Etc....
- DVDr of youtube yoga (I <3 yogawith Adriene, Lesley Fightmaster, Badyogi, Doyogawithme, Brett larkin, Yoga by Candace, Tim Senesi, Sarabeth Yoga, Jessica smith’s fusiony pilates/yoga combos, etc…)
- Steven Halpern – Deep Theta 2.0 (this is a CD. Other similar ones would be ok too)

THINGS I LOVE:
- Anything homemade with your touch. Can’t have sugar or a lot of grains or peanuts, but a treat of sugar free dark chocolate might be nice tho. (if it must have fruit, blueberries are ok)
- Coffee, big coffee cups, cute shot glasses, anything uplifting spiritually, essential oils, good rollerball pens, things that teach alignment, easy paleo recipes, Cute notebooks and calendars/datebooks, GrownUp Coloring books and pencils or markers, tattoos, soft leathery or suede materials or jewelry, cute magnets or magnetic clips , sketching materials, baseball caps. individually wrapped Wet Ones (so handy); pretty unworded or spiritually uplifting notecards
- Colors: Turquoise, Silver, gunmetal grey, Green, blue, black, starting to love purple/lavender
- Themes: turtles, ocean/beach, butterflies, lighthouses, goth angels, owls, Pepe Le Pew, Anne of Green Gables, TV drama/syfy geek, Thomas Kinkade, Celtic Symbols/knotwork
- Clothing: L or XL racerback or regular tanks (could also use long sleeve for winter?, (Love funny or yoga sayings on them!!), yoga pants or capris, yoga towel; Toeless yoga socks (size 8 shoe); fingerless gloves(for driving or yoga type), an eye pillow might be nice (or one of those sand bag things)
- finally into hot tea (in ready made tea bags). I like the more healing or sleep inducing ones (holiday flavors with cinnamon, etc would be great too as long as they don’t have sugar)- don't mind caffeine (no vanilla or honey types please)
- Books: scary or romantic suspense novels (love haunted house/ghosty ones but have a hard time finding them. Used to love Barbara Michaels, but have read all hers. Also liked the old Victoria Holt style. Is that gothic? NOT into vampires or zombies, sorry.) recommended reading for yoga teacher training, spiritually uplifting books, Sadie Nardini’s 21 Day Yoga Book; paleo books or written recipes (nevermind on Practical paleo, would be very expensive to ship)
- *a good yoga mat cleaner (calming scents would be nice, but not necessary, also don’t mind homemade as long as I know whats in it)
- silver, steel, pewter or some kind of metal jewelry (LOVE Turquoise anything)!! Love jewelry from Etsy with cool sayings or themed around any of my other likes – I love homemade as well if you like to make jewelry
- I love baths with Epsom salts and I love essential oils. thick travel sized lotions; love anything Burt’s Bees; Earth Therapeautics foot repair balm (think u can get at TJ Maxx & Amazon); healing chapsticks; stuff to care for dry, painful diabetic feet
- Recipes or book of natural cleaning products would be nice. I have a lot of animals and most (including me) are sensitive to chemicals

Do not like/click with: Band or stability ball workouts, Kristin McGee, high intensity, advanced, complex choreography, jazz, chemicals, The Firm, Kundalini (the chanting part anyway), Shiva Rea (love her, but can't follow her well), the color red; love scented candles but they don’t love me or my pets, sugar or grains or peanuts are a problem for me; No bad language or hardcore rap- love all other kinds!

Thankyou so much for being my Santa and I hope you have fun. Please don’t be intimidated by my list. It is meant to help, but I only want it to be fun for you in whatever way that means for you!! I have been very blessed In how to do without and with how to have an overabundance in my life and there is joy in each and everywhere in between. You please have fun in snooping or shopping or digging thru your old stuff or flea markets. Feel jolly!! <3
{{HUG}}

ETA: If you would like to do ornaments of any kind, please note that our tree is tiny, so it would need to either be tiny or a stand up decor item. Thankyou! (sorry I keep adding stuff)
ETA (again): May be expensive, but I like good hair care products like Tres-Eme leave in conditioners, dead end sprays, serums, hot oil treatments, etc... Might could try one of those newer yoga headbands, but I usually don't have good luck with headbands, but have been curious about these
- I am taking off music, scents and shows I like, to make room, but you can contact me by elf if you need that info again!
ETA 3: Added celtic knotwork to themes (coloring book like that would be awesome!!
ETA 4: Virtual treadmill routines & audio (I already have Sean O., Kathy Smith, and Ellen Barrett)

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 11:49 AM  
sherry7899

Jen-you've seen my list-you have nothing to worry about I think the more information you give, the easier it makes for your Santa to shop for you.

Old 10-26-15, 11:54 AM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Jen-you've seen my list-you have nothing to worry about I think the more information you give, the easier it makes for your Santa to shop for you.
Yes, I was thrilled! It looks a whole lot like mine!!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 11:55 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
Yes, I was thrilled! It looks a whole lot like mine!!
LOL!!! I like finding out what other members like in addition to fitness dvds.

Hugs,
Sherry

Old 10-26-15, 12:57 PM  
sherry7899

If anyone needs elf help - I am glad to volunteer.

Tags
wish list