Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-15, 09:32 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
In PoY she says that all of her Express and Hawaii workouts are meant to be combined whichever way you like. So as far as I know she doesn't specifically say which ones to combine just that you can and should if you're able to.
Thanks! It would be nice if she gave us some suggested combos that provide well rounded wholes . . or maybe combos that provide extra work in a particular area. I did Royale this morning for the third time. I really like it. I actually really like the 93.5 minute length - it seems perfect . . it's not too much (section 2 of femme fatale is still mentally - any physically of course - tough for me)
Old 03-28-15, 09:35 AM  
Sinclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
Thanks! It would be nice if she gave us some suggested combos that provide well rounded wholes . . or maybe combos that provide extra work in a particular area. I did Royale this morning for the third time. I really like it. I actually really like the 93.5 minute length - it seems perfect . . it's not too much (section 2 of femme fatale is still mentally - any physically of course - tough for me)
Sorry, editet too late - here it is again:
Though if you want to combine one more upper body focused and one lower body focused this might help:
Sculpt 1, Sculpt 2, Cardio Sculpt 2 - Lower Body
Hamptons Express - Total Body
Cardio Sculpt 1 - Total Body > Upper Body
Euphoria - Lower Body
Power of You - Lower Body > Total Body

Hope this helps
Electric Glow, Everybody Rocks - Upper Body > Total Body
Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-15, 09:39 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Thank you, Helen And you're very welcome, I'm glad you found them helpful!
Now I am curious, which ones are you planning to get first?
I bought Electric Glow before I wrote my post since I bought it on the first day. Your post made me want to buy Power of You and Euphoria too. However, since Power of You sounded different from other Toniques, I bought that one first. So I followed your recommendation. I previewed PoY yesterday and it's gorgeous. It also looks fun. I had my workout week planned for next week and I changed it to use Electric Glow and PoY.

Leanne and Sue, 45 minutes is also the perfect length for me. That's about the amount of time I have in the mornings before getting ready for work.
Old 03-28-15, 09:50 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Sorry, editet too late - here it is again:
Though if you want to combine one more upper body focused and one lower body focused this might help:
Sculpt 1, Sculpt 2, Cardio Sculpt 2 - Lower Body
Hamptons Express - Total Body
Cardio Sculpt 1 - Total Body > Upper Body
Euphoria - Lower Body
Power of You - Lower Body > Total Body

Hope this helps
Electric Glow, Everybody Rocks - Upper Body > Total Body
Thanks - I'm having a tiny bit of trouble reading it - do you mean "cardio Sculpt 1" alone, is more total body than upper body? Sorry . . I don't mean to be a pain
Old 03-28-15, 09:52 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

By the way - this is SO MUCH content - I don't think she has had a DVD with this much stuff on it.

I do also wish she'd release, like, a 15 minute post workout stretch routine. I never know what stretches to pair with her workouts.
Old 03-28-15, 09:55 AM  
Sinclair

Quote:
Thanks - I'm having a tiny bit of trouble reading it - do you mean "cardio Sculpt 1" alone, is more total body than upper body? Sorry . . I don't mean to be a pain
No pain at all!

Let me phrase it this way:
All the Toniques are of course more or less Total Body workouts but if you want a main focus on the lower body: Sculpt 1, Sculpt 2, Cardio Sculpt 1 and Euphoria.
For workouts that are an equal part of UB and LB: Hamptons Express and there are Cardio Sculpt 1 which is mostly TB but has a bit more focus and the UB and PoY which is more LB but also mostly TB. Both Everybody Rocks and Electric Glow are mostly UB.

Is that better/clearer? If not please don't hesitate to ask!
Old 03-28-15, 09:57 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
No pain at all!

Let me phrase it this way:
All the Toniques are of course more or less Total Body workouts but if you want a main focus on the lower body: Sculpt 1, Sculpt 2, Cardio Sculpt 1 and Euphoria.
For workouts that are an equal part of UB and LB: Hamptons Express and there are Cardio Sculpt 1 which is mostly TB but has a bit more focus and the UB and PoY which is more LB but also mostly TB. Both Everybody Rocks and Electric Glow are mostly UB.

Is that better/clearer? If not please don't hesitate to ask!
Okay - now I get it! Are you planning to pair any of them together, or do you prefer the 45 minute time frame?
Old 03-28-15, 10:02 AM  
Sinclair

Quote:
Okay - now I get it! Are you planning to pair any of them together, or do you prefer the 45 minute time frame?
Great
At my current level I plan on doing them as is but once I'm up to more I will pair the Hawaiis with the Express and two Hawaiis together.

I think though that ER + Euphoria would work great together and EG + PoY would go well together too. I think the Express + Hawaii could me mixed however way one would wish since none of those are too killer on the arms or legs (when one has reached a certain level )

ETA: I think though I would prefer to pair either EG + Euphoria and ER + PoY or do 1 Hawaii + Express. That is simply because I love EG and PoY the most and would prefer to look forward to either of them instead of doing them both on the same day - but that's just my weirdness
Old 03-28-15, 10:05 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Great
At my current level I plan on doing them as is but once I'm up to more I will pair the Hawaiis with the Express and two Hawaiis together.

I think though that ER + Euphoria would work great together and EG + PoY would go well together too. I think the Express + Hawaii could me mixed however way one would wish since none of those are too killer on the arms or legs (when one has reached a certain level )
Thank you so much! Now I just need to decide if I can wait for the DVD. I sort of think I should try. I imagine if all this will be on one DVD it would be less money too (not that I think they are too expensive).
Old 03-28-15, 10:37 AM  
momof10

Quote:
Thank you so much! Now I just need to decide if I can wait for the DVD. I sort of think I should try. I imagine if all this will be on one DVD it would be less money too (not that I think they are too expensive).
You can pair up the 4 express workouts that are 45 minutes anyway you like. This morning I did Phase 1 of FF, Euphoria & Power of You. They were fantastic together. I love the longer workouts and prefer the 2 hour time frame for Tonique. Euphoria is mostly lower body focused and Everybody Rocks is upper body focused so those two combined would be 90 minutes. I am just going to mix and match the 45 minute ones and see how that goes. Tomorrow will be Euphoria and Royale. I usually do Phase 3 of FF before Royale, but I think Euphoria will go well with that one, too.

I just posted in my check in that I could do all 4 of the Hawaii express workouts together if I ever felt like a 3 hour marathon of Tonique, but could never do all of FF. I can do Phase 1 and Phase 2 but could never add on Phase 3 to that. I still love Phase 2 and that workout is what for me up to the level I am at right now.

HTH

Cheryl

Tags
hawaii, tonique