Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-26-15, 08:07 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
I echo Sinclair's comments on EG. I just finished it, and I am a tonique novice. I it. It is my favorite tonique. I've done Royale once, but it was so intimidating. This one is very approachable. I felt great doing it. I actually thought throughout it that I was making progress because it was so do-able. Like she said, it's HARD, but so manageable....until that move at the end. OMG I thought I was going to puke right then. I modified it, and shortened the reps, so it's definitely something to work up to.

I am a sweaty mess right now, but I feel so exhilarated!!! I think this is a great place to start as it combines her "new way" of working the upper body with the lower and I just feel amazing right now.
Sue, that is so fantastic to hear! Royale is also super daunting to me, so these new ones sound perfect! So glad to hear you loved this one!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-15, 08:11 AM  
Sinclair

Quote:
I echo Sinclair's comments on EG. I just finished it, and I am a tonique novice. I it. It is my favorite tonique. I've done Royale once, but it was so intimidating. This one is very approachable. I felt great doing it. I actually thought throughout it that I was making progress because it was so do-able. Like she said, it's HARD, but so manageable....until that move at the end. OMG I thought I was going to puke right then. I modified it, and shortened the reps, so it's definitely something to work up to.

I am a sweaty mess right now, but I feel so exhilarated!!! I think this is a great place to start as it combines her "new way" of working the upper body with the lower and I just feel amazing right now.
I am sooo happy to read this! After I posted I was wondering whether I should have, I didn't want to mislead anyone since it's still a hard workout. But I am so glad you found it manageable and loved it so much - I had a blast too!

I did Everybody Rocks, too, and I like this one as well - it's not as much fun as EG and there are more push-ups which I have to modify but it's still very doable for a Tonique.
Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-15, 01:50 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
Everybody Rocks and Get Lifted are up now!
Thanks for letting us know and the review of Everybody Rocks. Would you say that this one is mostly downward dog moves? It sounds like it from your review. It also doesn't sound like there are a lot of squats or lunges. Did you still feel like your legs got a good workout?
Old 03-26-15, 02:18 PM  
Sinclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
Thanks for letting us know and the review of Everybody Rocks. Would you say that this one is mostly downward dog moves? It sounds like it from your review. It also doesn't sound like there are a lot of squats or lunges. Did you still feel like your legs got a good workout?
It is mostly downdog moves - but it doesn't seem like it when you do it since she mixes it up with abs - I never felt like I spent hours in one position.
I think the downdog moves are sneaky in that you are actually working your quads and hamstring while elongating both the standing leg which is straight and the working leg by lifting it up. It is mostly butt and hamstrings though for these moves. For me this is perfect right now since loads of squats and lunges just slay my legs and I can't do anything strenuous for 3-4 days. But as I said, the moves are sneaky but they don't tire your muscles like other moves would and if you are used to squats and lunges you might not feel them at all and they might not be enough. It's difficult to say... I hope I made sense and I answered your questions though.
Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-15, 02:22 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
It is mostly downdog moves - but it doesn't seem like it when you do it since she mixes it up with abs - I never felt like I spent hours in one position.
I think the downdog moves are sneaky in that you are actually working your quads and hamstring while elongating both the standing leg which is straight and the working leg by lifting it up. It is mostly butt and hamstrings though for these moves. For me this is perfect right now since loads of squats and lunges just slay my legs and I can't do anything strenuous for 3-4 days. But as I said, the moves are sneaky but they don't tire your muscles like other moves would and if you are used to squats and lunges you might not feel them at all and they might not be enough. It's difficult to say... I hope I made sense and I answered your questions though.
Sinclair, thanks so much. You helped a lot. I probably will get this eventually but right now, it doesn't seem like a must have.

I'm going to wait for the DVD for the 90 minute wo because I know that I would want to break that one up.
Old 03-26-15, 02:34 PM  
Carb8985

Quote:
I haven't tried Everybody Rocks yet, but I wanted to add that I did Electric Glow yesterday and it is mostly downdog moves and only one squat and one lunge move and yet today . . . my butt is really sore!!! It has been a LONG time since I've gotten sore from Tonique. I've been doing Tonique for 1.5 years and have been doing Royale a couple of times per week. Something about the leg extensions in downdog really do hit the butt and legs differently, or at least that's what my glutes are saying to me today.
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-15, 03:22 PM  
momof10

Quote:

Sue. Sinclair did ER and I think you did EG. LOLA. All these abbreviations are killing me. ER and EG are similar, but I think I like EG better if I had to pick one. I have to say that I have only done ER and EG once so maybe over time that will change.

Cheryl
Old 03-26-15, 03:25 PM  
momof10

Quote:
I am sooo happy to read this! After I posted I was wondering whether I should have, I didn't want to mislead anyone since it's still a hard workout. But I am so glad you found it manageable and loved it so much - I had a blast too!

I did Everybody Rocks, too, and I like this one as well - it's not as much fun as EG and there are more push-ups which I have to modify but it's still very doable for a Tonique.
Okay I get it now. LOL. Like I said these abbreviations are killing my brain. This must be why Sylwia calls Tonique a mental workout, too, because mentally I am confusing myself with all these new ones. I so agree that EG is more fun that's why I said I liked it more than ER.

Cheryl
Old 03-26-15, 03:28 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Very minimal lower body work in the standing position and most of the plank work is in downward dog. Personally, I would go for EG if I had to pick between the two of them.

Cheryl
Old 03-26-15, 04:00 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
Very minimal lower body work in the standing position and most of the plank work is in downward dog. Personally, I would go for EG if I had to pick between the two of them.

Cheryl
Thanks Cheryl. I already bought Electric Glow when it first came out. I like it on preview and have it scheduled for next week. You're superwoman and can do long Toniques every day. I'm not and I already had Royale scheduled for this week. So I did Royale pt. 1 (until the start of second leg) on Tuesday and finished it today. I love Royale so I think I will love Electric Glow too.

Carb8985, thanks for your review too. I'm sure I'll eventually get ER some day too.

Tags
hawaii, tonique