Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-11, 09:13 AM  
MelissaR

Hipcentric is deceiving

Last week I received my Tracy Anderson, Metamorphosis, Hipcentric workouts. I previewed the first Transform DVD & thought "that doesn't look too difficult". Boy was I wrong! I had to take a few breaks doing the leg work. And, my heart rate got up too. Today, the day after doing the workout, I am sore in all the right places.

The delivery of this workout is different from other DVD's I've done in the past. Tracy does the exercises, but doesn't describe what she is doing or cue you on what you should be doing. Instead, she does a voice over. I'm used to being told what to do & given pointers on form. I find that I really have to watch the TV screen to see what to do. For those of you who have done Meta workouts, do you find that you're able to have good form with this method? Does it get easier over time?

I previewed the cardio workout & it just looks like a lot of jumping around. Is it a good, effective cardio workout? Does anyone follow the meta program & do only her cardio? I was thinking of doing a Kettlebell workout instead. Will this be a good substitute?

I'm glad I was wrong with my initial impression of these workouts.
MelissaR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hipcentric, meta, metamorphosis, tracy anderson, tracy anderson meta