Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-17, 10:24 AM  
jerebo

Classical Stretch! I have been doing it regularly since the first of November.
Old 04-23-17, 07:32 AM  
Michefit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilypad View Post
I've just completed my first full week of Dream Body Sweat Lab series. Dare I say these workouts are really growing on me. Because these workouts are soooo different from anything that I would ever do I thought I wouldn't like them at all.
And I didn't. I purchased the 2nd series they produced. Thanks to all the great reviews and results I read on this forum. I tried I think 2 or 3 of the 5 dvds and I didn't like them at all. So I put them away and would think about them from time to time because vfers were still talking about them but I couldn't bring myself to take them out. Then someone mentioned on here a Linda Wooldridge Mix and Match HIIT DVD that was very similar to DreamBody but a easier version and like the true VIDIOT that I am I went out and purchased it and liked it. Then I remembered that I have the Sweat lab series and have since been doing those the last week. I really like the way these workouts are making me feel. I feel very worked out. It's like I worked EVERY single muscle including my heart and brain with these works. Everything is fatigued but in a good way. My shoulders, triceps, abs, outer/inner thighs. JUST EVERYTHING
Let's see how long I can keep up. I think I will get amazing results if I keep at it.
Thanks for your post - I have been eyeing Dream Body lately and just purchased the original workout - super sore - day 5 and just feeling like I can move those muscles again! Are the sweatlab ones that are only 30 minutes or so? What do you think of the results?
Michefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 11:27 AM  
Lilypad

I think the Sweat Lab ones are great. Plus there are a few in that series that are over 30 minutes. Like 4 of them. Consistency is key. I'm looking to lose 10 pounds and tone up all over I think these are great for that.
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 11:41 AM  
TinaT

All things Anna Benson FIRMs.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 03:13 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I'm currently loving Jeanette Jenkins, specifically her first set of Hollywood Trainer workouts, all around 45 mins. Supplemented here and there with Jessica Smith. It's a fest!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 05:57 PM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
I really want to try Cize but I'm scared I won't catch on! I've been in a love fest with Hip Hop Abs Extreme this last month...I try to fit in strength work, but I do HHAE almost everyday!
If you start with the first Cize dvd, you should be ok. He repeats and Tifts alot so you get the moves down. For me, this was both good and bad.

As for my favorite workouts:

Cathe Party Rockin Step #1
Country Heat
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 06:15 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I've been combining Jessica Smith workouts with Pilates by Lisa since last November. Jessica's workouts are like exercising with a good friend. Fun and no dread. Lisa sends out weekly schedules that I can follow and her pilates workouts are short but tough! Tough! Good combo!

Other workouts I've been enjoying is HDM and Yoga 30 For 30. Despite having hundreds of workouts, that's pretty much what I've been doing for the past year or so.
Old 04-23-17, 06:23 PM  
Cybersparkle

I have been under a lot of stress, life changes plus perimenopause on top of it all.

The Ultimate Yogi is really helping me pull through and has become a haven & sanctuary where I can center myself, rejuvenate as well as get in better shape.

Although I am hopelessly ADHD & have never kept a set rotation try as I might, for the first time since the mid 90's Classic Firms have I ever been so keen to follow a "system" with a "philosophy" of some sort. I love the UY set and am even cleaning up my diet too to match the 108 day challenge.

Also, I long to eventually master & progress at a difficult workout rather than "just get a workout in" like I normally do.

In addition, been loving Embodied Goddess Program by Bellyfit. It totally compliments UY with positive affirmations & gentle cardio.

Otherwise, still doing a little kundalini - raviana/maya fiennes and Ellen Barrett here & there.

Never been happier with my workouts

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf! ~Jon Kabat-Zinn
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 07:42 PM  
sherry7899

Talking

Cybersparkle-sending you hugs-I am sorry about the stress

Have you tried any workouts from Bellyfit tv? I want to love them, but the TIFT'ing of the same ONE cardio segment for thirty minutes drove me insane

My favorite workouts now are the Soul Sweat workouts on powhow. I keep mentioning them here I absolutely love them-I have found my sweet spot cardio. I've always loved dance workouts, but I can't do anything complex, and I hate TIFT'ing. I love that these have new choreography for each song, and there is no TIFT-ing. You learn the moves for a song and then move on.

I am now doing an hour of cardio at a time, which is unheard of for me. I am having a blast, so I keep going. My cardio endurance has really improved with these workouts.

The best part of them for me is the music, since I'm a total utter , music geek. I can't stand workouts with boring music or electronic sounds that aren't music. They do use reggae, African and hip hop, and actual songs (not covers) from Beyonce, (though if they use "Halo" one more time..) Adele, Sia, Florence and the Machine, The Eurthymics,Matisyahu, Amy Winehouse, Jay-Z, Sarah McLachlan, Hozier, Sting, Peter Gabriel, John Legend, Sam Smith, Copldplay, Prince, Lady Gaga, The Bangles, Janet Jackson, Alicia Keys, Mazzy Star, Duran Duran, etc.

There are several different instructors, so I can pick my dance class by mood-each instructor has their own style. There is one instructor who does NIA workouts, and another who does "world heat " so these are a little different than the Soul Sweat classes.

I have chronic pain, and these workouts do not hurt me at all. I can do them four times a week with no issues. They are mainly low impact, but I can modify if I need to.

When I'm not doing Soul Sweat for cardio, I have been using NIA, Bellyfit, Planet Motion and Misty Tripoli dvds. I love anything hippy dippy

My other love is yoga and I've been using a ton from you tube. There are so many wonderful instructors on there . I've mainly been using Yoga TX, Lesley Fightmaster, Yoga with Adrienne and Yoga Upload. I do need to get back to my Yoga Zone, Sara Ivanhoe, Namaste Yoga, Ravi/Ana and Tara Lee dvds.

I need to start doing strength work again. I've been totally neglecting it, though doing yoga is bodyweight work. My Margaret Richard dvds are waiting for me, though!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-17, 12:20 AM  
Cybersparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Cybersparkle-sending you hugs-I am sorry about the stress
Thank you so much Sherry

Quote:
Have you tried any workouts from Bellyfit tv? I want to love them, but the TIFT'ing of the same ONE cardio segment for thirty minutes drove me insane ... The best part of them for me is the music
I haven't done any of the tv ones yet. I really enjoy the group setting, so won't know til I try if I like Alice solo - but I probably will end up liking it tho.

I love music too and occasionally the music is better than the workout lol. Have you ever just danced to the workout & ignored the instructor?
Sometimes I will just make up my own dance inspired workout moves (I don't even worry about doing anything right or keeping time, just so long as I sweat to my liking) & do my own thing. Maybe even grab some light weights (1 to 2 pds) and do some reps while resting from jumping/dancing around.

Quote:
I need to start doing strength work again. I've been totally neglecting it, though doing yoga is bodyweight work. My Margaret Richard dvds are waiting for me, though!

Sherry
Me too! Although I can't get enough of Ultimate Yogi now, I still miss light weights (pilates, Tracy Anderson style) - it's not better than body weight, just different & a nice change every now & again.

I decided to find yoga with weights to have the best of both worlds. This one with Jessica Smith has somewhat passable music & nice setting. Haven't done it yet tho, so many workouts so little time!

https://youtu.be/OoBevQCLM-E

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf! ~Jon Kabat-Zinn
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hip hop abs extreme, stronger longer, stronger longer 2