Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-17, 08:06 PM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardnas View Post
The American Southwest 3 hike is 55 mins long, as are some of the biking DVDs. There are a few biking that are 70 mins, and a few that are 90 mins. The 2 Virtual Active Connect have 6 - 45min workouts.
Thank you for the info. I had to search for what the Virtual Active Connect workouts are.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 10:26 AM  
spotted zebra

I'm going to ask this question in the hope that someone has an answer -- do any VA DVDs feature waterfalls? I love waterfalls. I saw on the website there's a Costa Rica Waterfalls download, but what about on DVD? It doesn't matter to me if it's a hike, run or bike program.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 10:42 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
I'm going to ask this question in the hope that someone has an answer -- do any VA DVDs feature waterfalls? I love waterfalls. I saw on the website there's a Costa Rica Waterfalls download, but what about on DVD? It doesn't matter to me if it's a hike, run or bike program.
I think waterfalls show up in many of their products, but these come to mind -

Pacific Northwest Hike - mentions "seven waterfalls"
British Columbia Sea to Sky Hike - mentions "epic waterfalls"
Wild California Run - mentions the waterfalls of Yosemite

HTH,

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 11:20 AM  
laurajhawk

I have the Pacific Northwest hike and love the waterfalls.
The American Northeast hike has a section at Niagara Falls. You see a lot of tourists around you, but there are beautiful shots of the water!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 11:43 AM  
spotted zebra

Carol and Laura, thank you! I've added Pacific NW Hike and American NE Hike to my wishlist.
Old 03-15-17, 11:58 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
One more thought - I bought the Costa Rica Waterfalls download, and then burned it to a DVD.

Carol ~ fellow waterfall lover
Old 03-15-17, 03:49 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
One more thought - I bought the Costa Rica Waterfalls download, and then burned it to a DVD.

Carol ~ fellow waterfall lover
I didn't even think of that. This was the push I needed to download Freemake this morning and try to do a sample conversion of MP4s already on my computer to DVD to see if it would work for me. I tried this with another program in the past with disappointing results - my disks would play on the computer but not on a DVD player. Well, Freemake works for me! I'm so happy. This means I can order not only the VA Costa Rica Waterfalls Hike, but also other downloads not available on DVD that look amazing -- like Northern France Run, Taiwan Run or Hike, Chilean Patagonia Hike (love the penguins and llamas), Costa Rica Forest Hike or Panama Hike... This has opened up a whole new world for me. Thank you!
Old 03-15-17, 04:29 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
I didn't even think of that. This was the push I needed to download Freemake this morning and try to do a sample conversion of MP4s already on my computer to DVD to see if it would work for me. I tried this with another program in the past with disappointing results - my disks would play on the computer but not on a DVD player. Well, Freemake works for me! I'm so happy. This means I can order not only the VA Costa Rica Waterfalls Hike, but also other downloads not available on DVD that look amazing -- like Northern France Run, Taiwan Run or Hike, Chilean Patagonia Hike (love the penguins and llamas), Costa Rica Forest Hike and Panama Hike... This has opened up a whole new world for me. Thank you!
You are very welcome - we both have this Forum to thank because it was someone here who encouraged me to try Freemake years ago.

Carol
Old 03-17-17, 09:11 AM  
spotted zebra

I got both Northern France and Costa Rica Waterfalls downloads. I'm so in love with these! So beautiful. I'm going to stop ordering downloads for now so I can get a few more DVDs on sale while they're still in stock. I do like how the instruction on the DVDs isn't overly obtrusive or chatty. A little bit of talking but not too much is perfect for me. There's no instruction on Costa Rica Waterfalls or Northern France, but with my own music they're perfect too.

I think I figured out which cycling program is or was the most popular. I'm guessing maybe Northern Italy as I think it's the only bike program Mary no longer has in stock, but is still available at the VA website(?).

https://www.vafitness.com/products/i...northern_italy

ETA: It looks like Mary has since restocked the Northern Italy Cycling program, right in time for the sale.
Old 03-17-17, 09:30 AM  
sherry7899

If I am remembering correctly, the Northern Italy cycling dvd is an "advanced hill climbing ride" so I don't use it as often as the others. I am terrible with hills. I prefer sprints The scenery is wonderful, though.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
virtual active