Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-17, 07:09 AM  
spotted zebra

Virtual Active DVDs will be on sale week of Mar. 19th

Mary is having a sale on Virtual Active DVDs during the week of March 19th.

As these are being discontinued through Mary I'm considering getting more of them, including a city one. Which DVDs (nature or city; and run, cycle or hikes) are your favourites?
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-17, 07:34 AM  
sherry7899

I will try to look through what is left and see which ones are my favorites. That is a shame they are being discontinued. I miss the dvds. I had been looking forward to the rides in Hawaii, and was very disappointed when they did not have music or instruction and were download only. I did not buy them.

ETA: I mainly have the cycling workouts, so I don't know how much help I'll be on the Hike dvds.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-17, 08:14 AM  
Rhonda

If they are a decent price, I may pick up some. I haven't tried any but they always look beautiful.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-17, 09:40 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I will try to look through what is left and see which ones are my favorites. That is a shame they are being discontinued. I miss the dvds. I had been looking forward to the rides in Hawaii, and was very disappointed when they did not have music or instruction and were download only. I did not buy them.

ETA: I mainly have the cycling workouts, so I don't know how much help I'll be on the Hike dvds.

Sherry
That would be great, thanks. I'm open to cycling ones too.
Old 03-02-17, 10:02 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

So it's just the dvds being discontinued...... not downloads too?
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-17, 11:50 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
So it's just the dvds being discontinued...... not downloads too?
I think just the DVDs she won't be carrying anymore. ?

I found a website from another company with videos I haven't seen elsewhere including beautiful locations in England like the Cotswolds. http://www.vitadvds.com/

ETA: On second thought, maybe not. These videos seem a bit slow and sometimes the filming is shaky.
Old 03-02-17, 11:55 AM  
laurajhawk

I like Virtual Active way better than the Ambient Collection.
I think my most-used VA are the Pacific Northwest hike and maybe the Chicago run. Also, there's a Southwest Hike that is twice as long as the rest, for some reason.

I usually do the hikes with my own music, but sometimes I use the "guided" track on the run DVDs, which makes me work harder. I haven't bought any of the downloads & don't like that they do not include the guided track.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-17, 01:00 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I'm another that is disappointed they went to download only. I was looking forward to the Ireland rides.

Spotted Zebra, the city ones are my favorites but since I have them all, I'm having trouble recalling which are the best. I know I like the Chicago, Sydney and Los Angeles ones. I think I like Auckland and Wellington also.

I don't have any of the Compass ones. Are they worth getting?
Old 03-02-17, 01:26 PM  
spotted zebra

Do any feature classical music?
Old 03-02-17, 02:35 PM  
ardnas

I LOVE the Virtual Actives! I was very disappointed when they stopped putting them on DVD - I will never workout to streaming. I have all of the 1, 2, 3 series hikes, most of the running ones, 1 cycle, and the wine/walking tour (but haven't done this one yet). The other brands of virtual walking or running DVDs just do not compare IMHO. I prefer the ones with sun & blue skies, especially in winter or on rainy days. I like to walk, jog, rebound, and do low impact aerobics to them. My favorites and most used are the German Forests, Northern Italy, and Swiss Alps hike in that order due to the upbeat music, fast pace, and stunning scenery. They are mostly nature, but do have some city or towns in them. My husband also loves to do these and asks for me to put in German Forests most often.
I like and use the guided track - he says motivational things and I do follow the pace they set. I also like he is not on screen all the time and doesn't talk too much.
I did not get the Compass ones since they are DVD-Rs and look so slow with a person walking in front of you most of the time.
Lake Tahoe has classical music and is the slowest pace, but has nice scenery.

Tags
virtual active