Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-18-14, 12:38 PM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

Skogg System vs. Skogg At Home (1&2)

I've recently gotten into kettlebells and I'm REALLY enjoying them. Currently, I'm working my way through the classes on Livefit Revolution, and that's going to take me at LEAST six weeks, probably twelve or more if I keep going with their program.

But, of course, I'm looking ahead to what will be next.

Based on the many threads I've read around here, Skogg seems to be the way to go for the most part, BUT I'm wondering if I should get the two Skogg At Home dvds, or spring for the Skogg System?

Can anyone compare the two for me? Are they similar enough not to matter or are they very different animals?

Does either one have a ton of double KB exercises? Because I'm hoping to avoid those as much as possible.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-14, 01:32 PM  
katmom

Skogg System is a great way to perfect Kettlebell technique. Only six moves are used: swing, clean, press, squat, high pull and snatch, no double bells. All six moves are utilized differently in each program. It can get boring, but you will learn those moves. This was how I started my journey with kettlebells.

The programs presented in Skogg @ Home are taken from some of their streaming programs. I think there might be one workout that uses double bells, but I was able to modify to use one.

I enjoy both systems!
Old 07-19-14, 07:49 AM  
MelissaR

To me, Skogg System seems more like DVD's produced as a system to be done in the home. They are organized, well-produced workouts. Only 6 moves, but the system varies how they are done (if my memory is correct, it's been a while since I've done Skogg System).

Skogg at Home DVD's are the actual classes. I much preferred the Skogg System. I found that with Skogg at home, there was way too much talk & wasted time that I had to fast forward over. Plus, the sound & video quality are lacking in the @ Home versions.

Skogg System is more professionally produced. I'm curious to see how others compare the two.
MelissaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-14, 07:53 AM  
jackie7

Another vote for Skoggs system. I didn't like the at home workouts at all! Luckily my library has all these DVDs.
jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-14, 08:06 AM  
Eibhinn

Skogg system is really well done, and great for beginners learning form, but unless you are very focused on perfecting form and don't require variety in your workouts, I think it's likely too repetitive for anyone who has been doing kettlebells for awhile. I really like Michael Skogg, and am a person who enjoys traditional kettlebell workouts and instructors other people have described as boring (like Lauren Brooks), so I thought I'd be good to go on a Skogg rotation, but I've never been able to follow through for more than a week or two, despite several attempts. I just get bored and start to dread the workouts, and as a result the system hasn't got nearly as much use as I'd anticipated. I haven't used Skogg at Home so I can't comment on that, but it might be worth considering what it is you're looking for in a kettlebell workout/what you've liked the most in the workouts you've tried so far, and perhaps looking beyond Skogg to find something that meets your preferences if you aren't looking for an instructional program.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-14, 06:53 PM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

This is some great information, guys - thanks so much. Still not sure which is right for me, or if I should be looking into some other instructors. I still have a lot of time, and I'm LOVING the Livefit Revolution workouts. I'm certain I'll be reusing those even after I finish the rotation.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-14, 04:19 PM  
dbclark44

This answered my question, and I will be getting the system vs. the at home workouts for sure. I'm a beginner kb exerciser and this sounds like where I want to start off.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-14, 04:31 PM  
flowerpotcat

I know you didn't mention this, how about RKS? There are 16 workouts and the longest one is about 30 mins. Also, they all use single bells. Currently it's 79.95 in Amazon. Skogg system is currently 74.95 at Amazon.
flowerpotcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-14, 04:33 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpotcat View Post
I know you didn't mention this, how about RKS? There are 16 workouts and the longest one is about 30 mins. Also, they all use single bells. Currently it's 79.95 in Amazon. Skogg system is currently 74.95 at Amazon.
I was going to mention it, even if I don't have either set. And the RKS one was on sale last week at $50 + free shipping.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-14, 05:22 PM  
Zenara25

You can get the Skogg System in the App store on an iPad for $39.99. Not sure how that works though. Guess you'd have to view it on the small iPad screen unless you had a way to hook it up to a TV.
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
skogg