Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-14, 02:18 PM  
catcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishIvy View Post
IIRC, it's 3 workouts per week and they range ~30 -40minutes. Here's a good thread for more info.

And don't let the equipment list scare you away. Easily modifiable for the average Vfer----- without putting a dent in the results.

ETA: He uses a roman chair, olympic barbell/squat stand, dip station with dip belt,plyo boxes. I used attachable dip bar on my pullup bar (Lebert Equalizer would probably work), weighted vest, regular barbell, step/high step.
Thank you so much! I have most of that equipment!
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 06:30 PM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcrazy View Post
Thank you so much! I have most of that equipment!
You're welcome!!

And in regards to your strength post in the other thread, if you finish this program you can just have your DH sit on the couch while you carry it away Now that will give him something to talk about
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 06:43 PM  
catcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishivy View Post
you're welcome!!

And in regards to your strength post in the other thread, if you finish this program you can just have your dh sit on the couch while you carry it away :d now that will give him something to talk about
Awesome!
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-14, 07:10 AM  
Breezy Trousers

I haven't tried Joey Alvarado's workouts, but give a thumbs up on Lauren Brook's Kettlebell Body. I like most of Lauren's workouts but this one is a favorite because it most reminds me of the RKC classes I took. Like Kettlebell Body, the RKC classes were just as simple in design and were focused on building strength, so an assortment of kettlebells were used.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-14, 08:08 AM  
katmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
I haven't tried Joey Alvarado's workouts, but give a thumbs up on Lauren Brook's Kettlebell Body. I like most of Lauren's workouts but this one is a favorite because it most reminds me of the RKC classes I took. Like Kettlebell Body, the RKC classes were just as simple in design and were focused on building strength, so an assortment of kettlebells were used.
I liked Kettlebell Jitsu for a change of pace, however, I really enjoyed Kettlebell Body. I have not recently revisited Kettlebell Body, however, I am sure I will do another rotation with this one as it is very similar to the Be Slam program and I have done 3 rotations of that one.