Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-05-17, 01:46 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I never did a whole Beast rotation - got sidetracked with various things. But I remember DD walking in once when I was with Sagi; she noted that she had never before heard me laugh during a workout. I like Sagi and he does make me laugh.

Did Chest & Back today and loved it. I sort of wished Talia's poundage had been mentioned but oh well. Thank you, Kathy G, for posting about that FB group, "Beast Up Legacy Family with Sagi;" I sent a request to join.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-17, 10:32 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Facebook group

Beast Up Legacy Family with Sagi

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17, 09:11 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I love that a couple of people in the "Beast Up Legacy Family with Sagi" Facebook Group are posting workout sheets!

A Week of Hard Labor - Legs - 44 minutes --- Equipment needed: Bench (optional), three sets of weights for medium, heavy, and extra heavy.

Set 1: Squat Sequence: Down, Half Up, Down, Up Squeeze - Drop Set - (10) (8) (6) (6)

Set 2: Squat/Lunge Matrix (three sets/alternating): Squat side step, Reverse lunge, Squat side step, Front lunge for 30 seconds - Calf raise for 30 seconds

Set 3 - Giant: Pistol Squat, Bulgarian Squat, Front Lunge - (10) (8)

Set 4 - Giant: Goblet Sumo (slow dropset) - (10) (8) (6) (6) , Sumo Squats (quick-30 seconds), V Stiff Leg Deadlifts (dropset) (10) (8) (6) (6), Calf Raises (quick 30 seconds)

I think I went a little too light for the first two sets and went heavier on the 3rd and 4th set. Next week, I'll go heavier right away. I really liked this leg workout! It was well paced (with his talking as breaks, lol) and overall the time flew by! It was very light on equipment, just needed three sets of weights and an optional bench (or chair).

I'm liking Sagi in these workouts. He's still has his funny one-liners but he's much less "machismo" and subdued.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17, 09:24 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I love that a couple of people in the "Beast Up Legacy Family with Sagi" Facebook Group are posting workout sheets!

A Week of Hard Labor - Legs --- Equipment needed: Bench (optional), three sets of weights for medium, heavy, and extra heavy.

Set 1: Squat Sequence: Down, Half Up, Down, Up Squeeze - Drop Set - (10) (8) (6) (6)

Set 2: Squat/Lunge Matrix (three sets/alternating): Squat side step, Reverse lunge, Squat side step, Front lunge for 30 seconds - Calf raise for 30 seconds

Set 3 - Giant: Pistol Squat, Bulgarian Squat, Front Lunge - (10) (8)

Set 4 - Giant: Goblet Sumo (slow dropset) - (10) (8) (6) (6) , Sumo Squats (quick-30 seconds), V Stiff Leg Deadlifts (dropset) (10) (8) (6) (6), Calf Raises (quick 30 seconds)

I think I went a little too light for the first two sets and went heavier on the 3rd and 4th set. Next week, I'll go heavier right away. I really liked this leg workout! It was well paced (with his talking as breaks, lol) and overall the time flew by! It was very light on equipment, just needed three sets of weights and an optional bench (or chair).

I'm liking Sagi in these workouts. He's still has his funny one-liners but he's much less "machismo" and subdued.
I agree! I hate leg workouts, but thought this one was awesome! I am already feeling that 3rd set and know tomorrow it's going to be even worse!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17, 09:30 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

I loved the Legs today! Can't wait for tomorrow.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17, 11:02 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
I loved the Legs today! Can't wait for tomorrow.
I agree with you. I did the leg workout today and it was awesome. I see myself getting so much use from A Week of Hard Labor.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17, 01:15 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
I agree with you. I did the leg workout today and it was awesome. I see myself getting so much use from A Week of Hard Labor.
So do I.

David Goggins
Old 09-06-17, 08:46 PM  
Sharaz

I joined the FB group and will look for the paper routine asap. Anyway, I can follow the breakdown posted by Katty.

We are preparing for Irma and my workouts suffered this week. Hopefully next week I'm able to start Ingrid's challenge as planned. A month of Hard of Labor after looks good to me.
Old 09-06-17, 11:30 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Here's a link to where the worksheets are posted: www.gf2revolution.com
He has them under AWOHL; if you type Hard Labor in the search box, you'll find them. There will be 4 by the end of the week. Looks like no worksheet for Core.

Sharaz, I hope you stay safe from Irma.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-17, 09:00 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

I did the Core today. It was short cc 30 min and hard. It sneaks up on you. I didn't mind that it was short, at this point my whole body is hurting, hehe.

David Goggins

Tags
beachbody, body beast, sagi, sagi kalev, week of hard labor