Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-13-17, 10:45 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

New Tony Horton workouts coming in November

I saw a short Facebook clip about Tony's upcoming program, Double Time. It's based on partner training. In the clip they show kids working out with parents, older adults, couples, etc. It looks like fun!

Here's a website.

Here's the clip I saw on Facebook.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-17, 11:05 PM  
jusca

Cool!! Now if only I can get my cat to participate...
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-17, 11:14 PM  
nschultz

My son is getting old enough now (he's 6) that I think he would really like it. Glad I have BOD to try it when it's released.
nschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-17, 10:14 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

It's "Pirate Time" with that beard!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-17, 04:34 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Yay Tony, way to go. What a great idea.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-17, 05:05 PM  
ellaenchanted

I love this! I am definitely getting it. Looks like a great way to do something active indoors during winter for my DD and me. My DH would probably do this, too. Seeing the kids on screen will probably attract my DD; she likes following along when I do some of my workouts.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-17, 06:03 PM  
amery

Oh my! Thank you for posting! I will get this!
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-17, 10:11 AM  
Mickey12

This looks really fun! I just asked my husband if he would do it with me and he reluctantly said yes. Hopefully he will enjoy it. It's definitely something that hasn't been put on DVD before (I don't think). It's an interesting twist. I'm really, really glad it's going to be available on DVD and not just downloads/streaming.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-17, 10:38 AM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Cool looks fun - might be able to get my DH involved

Wow, I had doubts but the clips really *do* look like fun. Tony has created some innovative partner exercises and they don't seem to be too high-impact. Or at least it seems like most can be modified.

I wonder if I can get my DH (he turns 60 in August!) to "play" with me. He's the ex-competitive-sports guy who complains about not having core strength or endurance but never was able to stick to any fitness program due to boredom & old injuries.

It doesn't help that we adopted a pound-pup after his fave old dog passed away a year or two ago and he has to walk this energetic little mutt twice daily and it's so time-consuming. Whose idea was it to adopt it? That was me (cough cough). I will tell you, forced outdoor walking has been a lifesaver for him. Still, it burns when he calls that dog "Richard Burden" like a take on "Richard Burton".

Wouldn't it be fun to have workouts with diff music focuses? Like 80's rock for the boomers, or kid-friendly pop tunes for families, or rap music for teens?

PE teachers in elementary & middles schools might be able to adapt much of these exercises as well.

It's a great idea for Tony to capitalize on the "my kids/partner/family has too much screen time and not enough bonding/experience time". Would very much appeal to the milllenials too - they value experiences over owning things.

This might be my first BeachBody purchase in 10 years....

Tags
beachbody, tony horton