Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-18-13, 10:49 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Thanks, Suzann! I hope they do something similar to Dance the Chakras someday.
Sherry, there is one move in Green Energy Set #2 that is similar to DTC--you stand in horse stance and punch forward while doing BOF.

I did the entire practice today after doing just a matrix selection on Friday. One major thing of note is that GE Set #2 is MUCH more chill than Set #1--Set #1 is basically entirely backbend variations (mostly cobra, but ends with bow and wheel). I thought I was pretty okay with cobra, but there was no way I could do the bent knee version (sounds easier, doesn't it? NOT!) that Ana does while raising an alternate arm to the front; I subbed sphinx for everything. Anyway, for Set #2, you start with easier standing work, including a lot of arm movements/breathing exercises, and then move to a few seated breathing exercises to finish.

This is a LONG practice--1 hour, 16 minutes without the primers (breath and cobra primers are included, both new to this DVD), so I can't imagine doing it in its entirety very often. I thought the mantra chant was just okay, and although the "long time sun" song in the closing prayer was nice, I missed chanting "sat nam" to finish. Overall, though, I think I liked it.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-13, 11:02 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I subbed sphinx for the bent legs cobra, too, and loved it. For the next few days I was very posture conscious!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-13, 10:10 AM  
moonbeam31

Amazon has this one now too. I like the clip and think Ana looks really cute with her high ponytail and red lipstick ,and her yoga mat is so pretty with the butterflys, but I guess she still gets her tops from the toddler section though! ha ha JK...I am going to get this one for something new and it is getting great reviews on amazon too.
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-13, 06:33 AM  
mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonH View Post
Are the OOP workouts on youtube at all?
Has anyone seen any on youtube?
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-13, 07:28 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Ravi and Ana seem to be very protective of any clips going on Youtube. For a while, the entire Journey Through the Chakras was up but it's been taken down. They only have a couple of previews up. I've never been able to find any of the OOP material.
Old 04-16-13, 01:45 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Did both warm up sets and the 1st set of this DVD. I really enjoyed it and am thrilled that Raviana seem to be going back to their "roots" in terms of music, set, clothing.
Old 04-16-13, 04:46 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti S. View Post
Did both warm up sets and the 1st set of this DVD. I really enjoyed it and am thrilled that Raviana seem to be going back to their "roots" in terms of music, set, clothing.
... and white background - I did not miss the lake one bit.
Old 04-16-13, 07:16 PM  
dianestjohn

I have done the entire workout and like it very much - it's one of their more challenging dvds, no premixes although there is the matrix so you can design your own workout. Backbends are challenging for me and there are lots of them but I felt like doing this dvd I made a lot of progress with my backbends just by doing the workout once. The next day I was quite loose and I felt like emotionally I was more centered and had more clarity. Love the sequence of the exercises and I always love Ana's demonstration and Ravi's instruction. This seems more "classic kundalini" to me than their more recent releases. Lovely to look at, flawless production, they are always so professional in their approach. I'm really happy with this workout!
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ana brett, kundalini yoga, ravi singh, raviana