Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-06-13, 09:43 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

From the clip, I think this looks pretty good--a bit different from some of the their other stuff without looking like it would be crazy difficult.

Ana did say she was blonde as a child...so was my DH, but he has not been blonde since I've known him (since freshman year of college). FWIW, I thought her haircolor was more flattering when it was a darker blonde shade (I think it's shown that way in the clips that appear at the end of Quick Fixes).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-13, 09:54 AM  
sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
This looks lovely. Now that I have fallen in love with Shiva Rea, I have decided to broaden my yoga horizons and I just ordered Ravi and Ana's last three DVDs.

Sunday - You are absolutely beautiful and glowing in your new avatar. Happy belated birthday!
Fuzzie: Thanks so much!!!!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-13, 10:21 AM  
dianestjohn

I'm excited for the cobra primer on this one - I NEVER feel like I get cobra right, feel like my arms are too long or something. I love all Ravi Anas and can't wait to get this one.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-13, 10:23 AM  
dianestjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonH View Post
Yes, she did say that she was a natural blonde...that was a rather big whopper and I don't know why she did it. You need only look at her brows to see the natural color of her hair. She should have just admitted it........there's no shame in coloring your hair. I have been doing it for many years now that I have white hair coming in (my hair just decided to skip they gray stage entirely).
Many naturally blonde women use eyebrow pencil to color their brows. I am one of them.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-13, 10:40 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
I'm excited for the cobra primer on this one - I NEVER feel like I get cobra right, feel like my arms are too long or something. I love all Ravi Anas and can't wait to get this one.
Yes, I'm really looking forward the backbending from the school of Kundalini other than camel.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-13, 04:42 PM  
spotted zebra

Every time I see a clip of Ana I can't help but miss most of the women who were the leads in Ravi's older, now OOP VHS workouts. They were everything poor Ana is not. I understand his loyalty to his wife and their collective brand, but it's a shame the good ones (programs) were shelved.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-13, 05:02 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
Every time I see a clip of Ana I can't help but miss most of the women who were the leads in Ravi's older, now OOP VHS workouts. They were everything poor Ana is not. I understand his loyalty to his wife and their collective brand, but it's a shame the good ones (programs) were shelved.
Ditto.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-13, 05:36 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I never had a chance to meet Ravi's earlier demonstrators.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-13, 05:45 PM  
moonbeam31

I also love Blond Ana: Solar Power, Yoga for Beginners and Beyond, Energy and Super Radiance,
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-13, 07:21 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
I did not know there were OOP VHS Ravi Singh workouts. I remember working out with Ravi with an audio cassette. If I had known there were VHS tspes, I would have purchased them at the time. What was different about them?
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ana brett, kundalini yoga, ravi singh, raviana