Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-27-11, 06:43 AM  
ellenalesa

Which are your favorite Ravi/Anas, and why?

I just got Fat Free LWFG and really enjoyed it. Over on the KY checkin thread, I learned about Purify Your Past.

Which DVDs in this series are your favorites, and why? I'd like to know about meditations as well as exercises and physical benefits.

BTW, I'm new to Kundalini. I'm in fair physical shape, and getting better.
ellenalesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-11, 09:04 AM  
missmomus

My top 5 favorites would probably be:

Solar Power - lots of breath of fire and solar plexus opening which I apparently need...a lot

Fat Free Yoga Lose Weight Feel Great - a perfect kundalini set IMO with a lot of work on the adrenals, easy to break up into smaller sets

Dance The Chakras - a great 30 minute set that hits all the chakras and one of my favorite singing meditations - the dances are interesting but I haven't done them in awhile

Kundalini Yoga for Beginners and Beyond - very physical practice incorporating the 5 Tibetans

Journey Through The Chakras - intense but more mentally than physically so - seems to be very powerful for a lot of people

I also love Yoga Beauty Body, Bliss Hips, Bootcamp, and Body Electric...maybe a list of my least faves would have been easier
missmomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-11, 09:13 AM  
JustSandra

My three favorites are:

1. Fat Free: Lose Weight Feel Great (the redone version with Ana). I don't do the aerobics section (knee issues).

2. Yoga Beauty Body

3. Dance the Chakras (minus the dancing).

Fat Free and YBB somehow feel complete to me. I really like all the core work in Fat Free. The yoga set in DTC is kind of like a shorter version of YBB, and I also love the singing meditation in this one.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-11, 09:28 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmomus View Post
...maybe a list of my least faves would have been easier
That'd be good, too. I'm also quite new to kundalini, and thinking about checking out some ravianas. It seems sort of hard to figure out what each workout is about, but that's probably because it's all new to me, so any enlightening would be appreciated. Thanks!!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-11, 09:49 AM  
venesia

My absolute favorite is the Yoga Flow Bootcamp. I the Ringing Bells of Heaven set. I feel so happy and content the whole day.

other favorites would be Beginners & Beyond for the 5 Tibetan and Yoga Cleanse (I'm weird but I enjoy doing Breath of Fire).

Journey to the Chakra is very good for your mental being as it activates all your chakra but it's very long. I don't feel quite as complete if I didn't do the entire workout.
venesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-11, 10:13 AM  
chemicalemma

Lose Weight Feel Great is my absolute favourite Raviana, but you already have that one so I'll move on to my next favourites.

If you love LWFG and you're looking for something similar (and don't mind lower production value and boring music), Fat Free Yoga Total Tune-Up is really great. I just got Journey Through the Chakras recently, and if I'd known how much it would resonate with me, I would have purchased it years ago - I love that one. I really clicked with The Body Electric, which made me feel super-energized when I was done; it's physically demanding but really, really worth it. I do Yoga Cleanse pretty frequently - like Total Tune-Up, it suffers from low production value and bad music, but it's a really effective set for making me feel better when I've overindulged in alcohol or made less-than-stellar food choices. And finally, Yoga Bliss Hips is great because my hips are tight and I can always use more bliss, and the premixes are super-convenient and easy to squeeze into my schedule.
Old 04-27-11, 10:47 AM  
ardnas

I own all of the Ravianas and like most except for a few of the newer ones. My absolute favorites are:
For Beginners & Beyond - first one I tried, it feels good, makes me sleep better, slimmed down my waist without changing diet, made my back more flexible
Yoga Cleanse Lighten Up & Purify - this one feels as though it wrings you out and every time I do it the next day or so I just feel incredible
Dance the Chakras - fun and it feels good to do
Meditation - use this one most often, great for stress, very versatile can use for 5 minutes or an hour
Old 04-27-11, 01:57 PM  
Honeydew

I have total tune up but I haven't done it yet,I do recognize a move from barre workouts though...knee dancing...anyway just wondering, how different are the other dvds from this one?
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-11, 02:13 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

My favorites (possibly in order, but I'm not 100% sure ):
  1. Dance the Chakras (including the dancing!)--There are several reasons I like this one: 1) I really enjoy the yoga sets, 2) I think the dancing is sort of fun, a nice stress-reliever when I'm in the right mood (the only segment I don't like is the "free form"--I'm not good at doing my own thing!), and 3) I love, love, the singing meditation!
  2. Fat Free Yoga, Lose Weight Feel Great--I've only had this one about a month, and I just it! I love how it is set up with shorter segments that can be used independently (tonight I am actually going to do the entire thing for the first time) and I also really like the teapot meditation.
  3. Yoga Quick Fixes--I also enjoy this one because of the option for shorter practices; plus, I like that it has a headache segment.
I have three more DVDs in addition to these, and I enjoy those as well; my next pick would probably be Beginners & Beyond (it's the new one), then Solar Power, then A Journey Though the Chakras. I like them all though!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-11, 02:33 PM  
desertMermaid

I've only done 4:

Ultimate Stretch
Dance the Chakras
Warrior Workout
Yoga Bliss Hips

I attempted Yoga Bliss Hips but I couldn't do it. I Joni-O'd it.

I did Ultimate Stretch and Warrior a few times, but I just couldn't get into them. So I did just the exercises but skipped all the mantra, meditation "inner connection" type stuff. It was too weird for me, I guess I'm not very open minded. I was challenged by some of the execises, but I just wasn't open to the whole Kundalini thing I guess.

I enjoyed Dance the Chakras (the dancing part), it was fun and silly and light hearted. I checked that one out from the library, I was happy to have tried it but it wasn't one I felt I needed to add to my library.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ana brett, kundalini, kundalini yoga, ravi singh, raviana