Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-09, 01:34 PM  
JenniferSal

I was reading today on Carl Daikeler's Twitter page that Insanity might not be out until July now. I hope its wrong but at the same time I've been wavering a little too! I thought i'd pass it along and let you guys know if you didnt already.

Take care!

Jen S.
JenniferSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 02:28 PM  
bearcatfan

Well, now that KathyG is tempting me with the preview, I get to find out for myself.

I do think I will still wait, because if nothing else any dvd "issues" will be known by then.

Today I did 4DS Bootcamp, and I'm starting the Shock Cardio Countdown right now.
Old 06-09-09, 04:06 PM  
acescholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferSal View Post
I was reading today on Carl Daikeler's Twitter page that Insanity might not be out until July now. I hope its wrong but at the same time I've been wavering a little too! I thought i'd pass it along and let you guys know if you didnt already.

Take care!

Jen S.
I've decided to hold off as well -- although if there were a money saving pre-sale, I'd cave for sure!

I'm disappointed, though, to hear this news even if I'm not ordering. Is this confirmed? I was all ready for the excitement!
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 04:59 PM  
fluffydogfan

I'm loving the preview DVD of Insanity, but I'm waiting a few weeks 'til I buy it, too.
My dear ol' dad -- always an overachiever as an MBA and MD -- taught me that you should rarely be the first in line to buy anything. Let other folks work the kinks out. You should sit back and be patient.

Katie
fluffydogfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 06:48 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by acescholar View Post
I've decided to hold off as well -- although if there were a money saving pre-sale, I'd cave for sure!

I'm disappointed, though, to hear this news even if I'm not ordering. Is this confirmed? I was all ready for the excitement!
Wasn't CLX late? And they still had all those problems with those kits. Maybe they want to make sure these are okay before they actually start selling them.
ddj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 07:25 PM  
kat_b

I noticed they stopped saying "coming in June" on all their materials last month (they started saying "coming this summer"), so a delay isn't completely unexpected, but I was still hoping for June... Starting in September I'll be working on hypertrophy until next spring, so, for me, these will likely have to wait anyway.
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 07:28 PM  
MuscleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_b View Post
Starting in September I'll be working on hypertrophy until next spring
Now that's what I call a plan!

MuscleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 11:42 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

I'm repeating what others have said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffydogfan View Post
My dear ol' dad -- always an overachiever as an MBA and MD -- taught me that you should rarely be the first in line to buy anything. Let other folks work the kinks out. You should sit back and be patient.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I'm hoping a whole bunch of people will bite off more than they can chew, and post their copies on Craigslist a few weeks from now.
(Cf. what I recently wrote in a thread about bandwagons: "I'm a cautious buyer of things that are at least moderately expensive and have to be experienced a bit thoroughly to be evaluated. I do appreciate the world's "early adopters," then , especially if they remember to write informative reviews. ")

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
I've heard too many horror stories about ordering from Beachbody so will either buy from Mary to wait and trade. But first I want to hear more reviews.
So I find the preview interesting, but I'm waiting for others' experiences, like how intense it is and how adapatable it is:

- I wonder how it'd wind up adapted for low impact--although at this point I don't see myself starting a thread specifically to ask, I just may yet if no one brings up the topic elsewhere. I don't avoid high-impact as a matter of course, but my home workout space is more of a low-impact area, heh.

- I also wouldn't plan on using the rotation as given; I'm not experimenting yet with this as a full-fledged rotation, especially in terms of dropping other workouts to make room for it. I feel more inclined to use the separate workouts in a more isolated fashion and would also want to know how doing so works out for others in terms of improving fitness.
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 01:30 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Found a link to the preview purchasing page for Insanity:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/beachbo...7617091067404/

If all of these workouts are similar, I wonder if several people went together and purchased it and then split the order if that would be an idea for some. I am curious on just how much "overlap" there will be of each workout spilling into the next......

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 04:12 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
Found a link to the preview purchasing page for Insanity:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/beachbo...7617091067404/

Denise
I know the page shown was incomplete, but I was hoping to see an Insanity water bottle like the one in the workouts. Don't they usually throw in a "freebie" of some sort?
ddj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody, insanity, shaun t