Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-09-09, 06:05 AM  
bearcatfan

My "INSANE" decision

I'm going to wait.

I looked at all the available clips (mostly on YouTube) and decided that I might get annoyed during this.

* I hate it when instructors don't do the actual workout with me. Beachbody is famous for having the instructors walk around and point things out. To me, personally, this distracts me. I want someone to suffer along with me. Shaun T. looks like he walks around quite a bit in what I've seen, which isn't much but probably is representative.

* I also don't like getting yelled at. Brings me back to middle school gym class.

* I fear gunk/scratch issues like others had with Chalean Extreme. I also wonder about the packaging, ie there's only a couple hard ones and the rest are "recovery" workouts or core workouts.

* I'm already getting Shock Cardio. I also have P90X+ Intervals, Barry's 5 Day Academy, Plyo Legs, Plyo X, all the Cathes, and will probably get Kelly Coffey-Meyer's new Plyo workout. Do I need this (don't answer that!)?

It apparently comes out on Friday. If I get it, I'll get it from Mary at totalfitness. She said she'll have to order it like the rest of us, but if we want to order through her she'll tell BB to send it directly to us. Otherwise, once it's in stock with her, she'll ship it direct.
Old 06-09-09, 06:34 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

very sane rationale!

I just wish Beachbody would sell one reasonably-priced, hour-long DVD representative of each of its sets (Insanity, Rev Abs, CLX, etc). I would probably buy every one of them! But I don't think I'm interested in any more complete systems.
Sarah-lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 07:29 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
I'm going to wait.

I also wonder about the packaging, ie there's only a couple hard ones and the rest are "recovery" workouts or core workouts.
This is my fear also. I'm expecting to get my butt kicked for 60 days. I'll be very disappointed if these don't live up to their hype. I want these to be the most challenging cardio workouts I've ever done. I don't want to be able to keep up on the first try.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 08:34 AM  
jaj999
VF Supporter

At least there's one good thing about Beachbody not offering pre-sale pricing. You don't have to miss the discount if you want to wait for reviews . I'm about ready to order CLX - I'll probably be thinking of ordering Insanity in 6-8 months. By then they should have fixed any problems.
Old 06-09-09, 09:59 AM  
laurajhawk

I'm hoping a whole bunch of people will bite off more than they can chew, and post their copies on Craigslist a few weeks from now.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 10:24 AM  
cmiyachi

I got the preview disk and it is an intense workout but not as intense as running a hard race IMHO or playing a hard lacrosse game. I don't really like Shawn T as an instructor. He's a little to intense for me.

The workouts had low choreography like a lot of beach body programs. The sets are expensive. I may wait until I can get a discount on it.

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 10:39 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Rose: I think that's a good decision. Wait and see...
I'm with Laura...they'll start showing up for sale or on the exchange..then...

I've heard too many horror stories about ordering from Beachbody so will either buy from Mary to wait and trade. But first I want to hear more reviews.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 10:45 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

He, he, he....hoping to "entice" you with the preview disc Rose.

Kathy G
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 12:54 PM  
MuscleGuy

Rose, I'm with you. First I was definitely not going to get "Insanity" at all. Then lately I've been wavering about it.
But now I'm going to wait and see too. I wouldn't mind seeing the teaser disc (and in fact I'm trying to trade for it) but I have just started running again pretty seriously (and with Cardio Coach...yay!), and I don't want to kill myself doing "Insanity" and not be able to run. (or probably walk. LOL)

So I will wait. I can always get it later if I 'need' it. I've also pre-ordered Cathe's Shock Cardio MMA workouts and I'm expecting big things from these.

MuscleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 12:57 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaj999 View Post
At least there's one good thing about Beachbody not offering pre-sale pricing. You don't have to miss the discount if you want to wait for reviews . ... I'll probably be thinking of ordering Insanity in 6-8 months. By then they should have fixed any problems.
Exactly my thinking.
I defiinitely don't NEED it right now, and sincde there's no price break for buying early, I've decided to let others go through any 'glitches' in this batch before I order!

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody, insanity, shaun t