Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-09, 02:23 PM  
Inchworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
The only time I got sick from a workout was years ago doing Firm Strength. I really pushed myself on one particular day. I should do that one again since I can really push myself with it and it's low impact.

I wish I could do all the jumping around in the Insanity workouts. Unfortunately, I just can't anymore. I just end up hobbling around for weeks if I try and then I don't get in any good cardio.
Just wondering if subbing a rebounder for the higher impact would work for these workouts. What do you think?

Thanks,

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-09, 03:29 PM  
fit44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inchworm View Post
Just wondering if subbing a rebounder for the higher impact would work for these workouts. What do you think?

Thanks,

Kelly
I do not think the moves can be done on a rebounder. The only modifications I think would work is not to go as deep in some of the moves.
It's not like P90X plyo where you would have time to get on and off a rebounder. The drills move faster each time through.
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-09, 05:48 PM  
Gymmie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
Okay, I just looked this up. This looks great! What do you remember about this workout????
They do look great! I'll have to check those out
“Think about Corey. Right at the finish line and his body gave up after one mile. You’re looking at yourself and if you have 100 plus pounds to lose, your body wants to be healthy.”--Bob Harper on Contestant Corey Pinkerton TBL10

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.

Beachbody Coach
Gymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-09, 08:39 PM  
violingal3

Okay - a little OT, but you know you will see countless numbers of threads on this one... Like the debate between CLX and STS (Which one should I get? Which one is better? Do I get both or neither? You get the idea...) Now - which one to get - Cathe's STS Shock Cardio or INSANITY?????
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-09, 09:33 PM  
ltlangeli

Could you tell me how INSANITY compares to BBC (Barry's Bootcamp) Original Academy Series?
Old 05-31-09, 09:45 PM  
ssgilby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
This one's NOT for me, but have fun puking, everybody!
Ditto that! But for all those who thrive on that sort of thing, enjoy!
Old 05-31-09, 09:48 PM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltlangeli View Post
Could you tell me how INSANITY compares to BBC (Barry's Bootcamp) Original Academy Series?

That's a good question! BBC short cardio segments are tough and the treadmill (if you follow the settings they show) workouts are definitely puke worthy.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-09, 09:50 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Like Abbe and Deb (hi, guys!), I'm not into 'puking in a bucket workouts' (I never was, much, but even less so now), BUT I have a strange attraction to anything Beachbody, and I'm tempted even by this series.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-09, 10:00 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
Okay - a little OT, but you know you will see countless numbers of threads on this one... Like the debate between CLX and STS (Which one should I get? Which one is better? Do I get both or neither? You get the idea...) Now - which one to get - Cathe's STS Shock Cardio or INSANITY?????

Yup! I'm sure they'll be several new threads asking the same questions each week. It's like every other week someone posts a thread about kettlebells, what weight to start with, what are good beginner's workouts and what results people get. It's like the everything kettlebell thread doesn't exist. lol

This workout does intrique me but I'm not ready for it now. But when I am, I might treat myself to it.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-09, 05:15 AM  
lucia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
Oh dear. I pre-ordered STS and am hoping it is not puke-worthy! Just watching the youtube of INsanity made me think it was not for me - Debbie's review confirmed that (thank you, Debbie for the review!!). I got the impression that the toughest parts of the STS cardio were going to be the HIIT workouts which are supposed to be short (and I can do some HIIT plus Imax's and the like). I hope that is true!

As an aside, I was disappointed to read that Turbo Fire is going have a focus on intensity. I was hoping that the next Turbo Jams would have a variety of stuff...some Turbo Kick-type workouts with great music and some LESS intense workouts that would feature extended versions of the TurboKick "finesse" sections. I am getting maxed-out on intense workouts.

Tags
advanced workouts, beachbody, insanity, shaun t