Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-30-09, 08:09 PM  
JP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
I wonder if Tony Horton was approached first and opted not to do this series!? Pure speculation on my part, but I never would have thought of Shaun T doing a workout like this. Don't get me wrong. He is great in this workout, and I appreciate him way more than I did in Hip Hop Abs.

Hi Debbie,

I think this is like how many of us felt when the rumors came out about Chalene doing "heavy weight work" when we wanted more Turbo Jams from her. I, along w/ lots of others, didn't think she could pull it off, but CLX proved us wrong!

I think these instructors are capable of a lot more than we sometimes give them credit for, based on what they were doing when we "met" them. (Among his other credits, Shaun T. was the choreographer on Project You.)

I do see Tony's influence in the stretches for sure, but I don't think Shaun T. got that body just doing Hip Hop Abs.

I loved the whole gym setting of the Insanity workouts--it's the polar opposite of Cathe's STS and the CIA sets. If anyone wants a drill by drill breakdown of the sample workout w/ times, I can email it to them. It's too large for pm'ing.

Joan (JP44)
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-09, 08:15 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP44 View Post
Abbe,

It hasn't been released yet. It's coming out around mid-June. One workout of the 10 included in the Insanity set was sent to subscribers of Tony's One on One series. That's what Debbie is referring to.

HTH!

Joan (JP44)
Ok, so this is the 'preview' disk that just came out, yes? Is it a complete workout then?
Why on earth am I even considering a 'puke in the bucket' workout? LOL

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-09, 08:28 PM  
F1mom

I don't stand a chance at this series if the advanced exercisers on this thread are puking in a bucket!
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-09, 08:37 PM  
JP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Ok, so this is the 'preview' disk that just came out, yes? Is it a complete workout then?
Why on earth am I even considering a 'puke in the bucket' workout? LOL
Yes, it's a complete workout, not just snippets. And yes, it's puke caliber...seriously. BB is really targeting the advanced exerciser w/ this series.

Joan (JP44)
Old 05-30-09, 08:53 PM  
Snuckles

How long is this workout? 30 minutes?
Snuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-09, 09:02 PM  
JP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuckles View Post
How long is this workout? 30 minutes?
The workouts for Month 1 are apprx. 30 min and the Month 2 workouts are apprx. 45 min. One of the 10 workouts will be 60 min, but I don't know which one.

The Plyo Circuit workout that was sent out w/ 1 on 1 was 41 min.

HTH!

Joan (JP44)
Old 05-30-09, 11:27 PM  
Gymmie

Can't wait! It's going to be AWESOME!
“Think about Corey. Right at the finish line and his body gave up after one mile. You’re looking at yourself and if you have 100 plus pounds to lose, your body wants to be healthy.”--Bob Harper on Contestant Corey Pinkerton TBL10

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.

Beachbody Coach
Gymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-09, 11:29 PM  
keilan00

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mom View Post
I don't stand a chance at this series if the advanced exercisers on this thread are puking in a bucket!
My thoughts, exactly! I'm buying this series anyways because I'm a sucker for BB and bandwagons. They'll probably sit on my shelf for a couple months before I have the courage to do them. Perhaps they'll make me fit via osmosis.
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-09, 11:55 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Thanks for your reply, Joan.

My "puking in a bucket" days are over. I would rather complete digestion . I'll probably jump on the bandwagon, though, because I can't bear to have people puking during their workouts without me knowing why.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-09, 01:46 AM  
Debbie M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbe View Post
Thanks for your reply, Joan.

My "puking in a bucket" days are over. I would rather complete digestion . I'll probably jump on the bandwagon, though, because I can't bear to have people puking during their workouts without me knowing why.
Ditto!

I don't want to do these workouts at all (I am just not insane enough for insanity these days...), but I am curiously drawn to wanting to buy them because I have rarely missed anything Beachbody.

I hope I can hold back because I know I will never use them.

Deb
Debbie M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advanced workouts, beachbody, insanity, shaun t