Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-09, 01:07 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Shaun T You are INSANE!

Oh my GAWD! Shaun T's workout is indeed INSANE! This reminded me a lot of my highschool football bootcamps. The only thing missing was the huge red pads, and running/walking the 5 yard lines.

This is definitely the toughest indoor cardio workout that I've done, period. My gawd, even the warm up was intense.

The drills are done for three rounds. The first round of drills is followed by a very thorough stretch. Then he says the real workout begins. Hello! The warm up wasn't a walk in the park for crying out loud. How much harder do you want us to workout.

Well, I should have kept me mouth shut, because the core workout is TOUGH! Once again, each interval is done for three rounds. But, that wasn't hard enough. Shaun T adds another two minutes of really tough stuff to the third round of each interval!

There is a very quick 30 second break between each interval and boy does it go by fast. I was DRENCHED after this workout. I had to change my shirt before heading out to walk the dogs out in the trail.

I was able to keep up with everyone. I didn't have to extend my rest periods. I did use my P90X push up handles for the push ups, mountain climbers, etc.

I'll be honest. I kept looking at the timer during this workout. It was so tough that I wanted it to end, and I'm not looking forward to doing it again anytime soon. Yes, I'll definitely do it again, but I'm not excited to do it again.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-09, 01:25 PM  
bearcatfan

How was the music? Were the moves choreographed to it or was it more "do as many as you can as fast as you can"?

I hear you on something being so hard it's not necessarily fun. That's why I traded Aero Sculpt/Jump, and why I'm having second thoughts on Insanity.
Old 05-30-09, 01:26 PM  
peluso

What workout is this? I'm intrigued...
peluso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-09, 01:50 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Thanks for your review Debbie. I don't think I can last the warmup.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-09, 01:54 PM  
Susanq

I'm thinking maybe I might not get Insanity. I always like to get a good workout but at the same time enjoy it. Though the challenge of doing it would be good for me.
Susanq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-09, 02:40 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
How was the music? Were the moves choreographed to it or was it more "do as many as you can as fast as you can"?

I hear you on something being so hard it's not necessarily fun. That's why I traded Aero Sculpt/Jump, and why I'm having second thoughts on Insanity.
Rose, the music isn't bad at all. The moves are drill oriented, so it is not choreographed. Each circuit starts off at a lower intensity and builds up from there each consecutive round.

I need to do my homework on this series. I do know that no weights will be used for this series, so it's body weight exercises for the strength workouts and intense cardio drills for cardio.

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
Hope Fimiani
Old 05-30-09, 02:41 PM  
fit44

LOL!
Great review Debbie! I agree with everything you said. I had to stop watching the timer. 10 seconds seemed like an eternity.
The sweat was pouring out of me during the warm-up stretches.

Also, during the warm-up my chest was hurting. I looked down and realized my necklace was pounding my chest from the intense drills!!!

I kept up with everything up to the point Shaun did those ski jump burpees or what ever the heck they are.
I think next time I'm going to see if I can slip my feet into my TRX stirrups for those. I really had a tough time with those.

It is the first cardio workout in a long time where I felt like I was going to throw up.
I love Shaun in this workout. He is very motivating.
It is INSANE, and I can't wait for the complete set!!!
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-09, 02:45 PM  
Pykkalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by peluso View Post
What workout is this? I'm intrigued...
Insanity:

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...09_V1_INSANITY
Pykkalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-09, 02:45 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Oh yes, the "throw up in a bucket" feeling. I actually started to feel this way so I skipped a couple of water breaks, and took really small sips for the other breaks.

I wonder if Tony Horton was approached first and opted not to do this series!? Pure speculation on my part, but I never would have thought of Shaun T doing a workout like this. Don't get me wrong. He is great in this workout, and I appreciate him way more than I did in Hip Hop Abs.

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
Hope Fimiani
Old 05-30-09, 03:14 PM  
peluso

thanks!
peluso is offline   Reply With Quote