Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-11-09, 08:30 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Thanks Rhonda. It sounds tough. The only thing I'm not sure of is whether it felt repetitive. How did it feel to do each set of drills 3-4x each?
Old 05-11-09, 08:55 AM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
I would also buy this just to watch Alta's DH do it. Post a youtube link to that when you've got it, 'k Alta?
That's the ONLY way I'd buy this!
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-09, 10:04 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
Thanks Rhonda. It sounds tough. The only thing I'm not sure of is whether it felt repetitive. How did it feel to do each set of drills 3-4x each?
Helen,
It didn't feel repetitive to me. The only circuit I really didn't care for was the one with all the planks and jump in for abs. I know they are good to do but it is the one circuit I had to slow down on since getting up and down like that got me a little dizzy. So I totally did it at my own pace.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-09, 11:28 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
Helen,
It didn't feel repetitive to me. The only circuit I really didn't care for was the one with all the planks and jump in for abs. I know they are good to do but it is the one circuit I had to slow down on since getting up and down like that got me a little dizzy. So I totally did it at my own pace.

Rhonda
Thanks again. I can't wait for this series and STS Cardio.
Old 05-11-09, 11:34 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Rhonda, there was a stretch after the first cardio drill set? Or were those the warm up moves?

If you compare this to Drill Max, it might not be the hardest one in the set. What I saw in the clip looked much harder than Drill Max!

And I'm curious about your 199 bpm. Are you pretty young? I think I would keel over if my hr ever got that high!
ddj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-09, 02:15 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Rhonda,

Can you compare this to Plyo X?

Thanks,

Lauren
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-09, 02:59 PM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Rhonda, there was a stretch after the first cardio drill set? Or were those the warm up moves?

If you compare this to Drill Max, it might not be the hardest one in the set. What I saw in the clip looked much harder than Drill Max!

And I'm curious about your 199 bpm. Are you pretty young? I think I would keel over if my hr ever got that high!
Yes after repeating the first drill (warm up moves) set 3 or 4 times (can't remember) and it was 10 minutes into the workout, there was a stretch.

I was surprised my HRM said 199 as my high. I am 42 will be 43 in a few months. There was one place where I had to slow down as I was getting light headed and this may be why.

I was comparing to drill max as I about keeled over in that one, had to stop and walk around as I thought I was going to Puke. Then I was doing the cardio twice so that could be why. Again this is just my take on it and I certainly can't wait to hear what others say as they get the workout.

Rhonda
Old 05-11-09, 03:01 PM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
Rhonda,

Can you compare this to Plyo X?

Thanks,

Lauren
Lauren,
I haven't done PlyoX in a while but I think the InSanity workout was harder.
Rhonda
Old 05-11-09, 03:32 PM  
Susanq

Thanks Rhonda for the review of Insanity. I'm very tempted to buy it when it is available during the summer. I'm thinking it would be good to have a good cardio challenge. I'm loving Chalene Extreme, I like her two cardio dvds, especially Lean Intervals, it's one tough workout.

Susan
Susanq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-09, 05:34 PM  
firmgrrrl

Could you by chance compare this to the CLX cardio workouts?

CLX Graduate: April 2009
firmgrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
andrea ambandos, beachbody, insanity series, shaun t