Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-09, 07:12 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
I sure hope these live up to their hype !!!! I could use a little Insanity this summer.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-09, 08:07 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

For many of the exercises, it looked as if the participants were moving very quickly. If you slow down the pace, I'm sure it could still be challenging but a bit safer or you could get through it without collapsing. I'm sure they were all pushed to keep up since they were on camera. I know I can't do wide leg tuck jumps that fast, nor can I do push ups that fast so I'm sure I'll be going at a granny pace compared to them.
ddj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-09, 08:21 AM  
acescholar

Oh, this looks good!

I'm not a fan of tuck jumps, so I'll wait to see how many of these there are, but I like a lot of the moves that are shown.
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-09, 09:10 AM  
F1mom

There was another thread about this awhile back that showed the second clip from the link provided here.

First I wanted it for DH, who has some challenges with weights due to a shoulder injury but no problems using body weight (go figure).

After watching the first clip, I now want this for me. Bring it!
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-09, 10:10 AM  
cardiomama

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Rose! Did you see this clip? !

So this is going to be a whole set? Any word on how many dvd's and cost?
It looks really good (scary too), but when one of the exercisers in the clip comments that "if you're a masocist, bring it", well, that rang my bell!
The basic kit is supposed to have 10 DVDs w/ fitness & nutrition guides, motivational CD, calendar, & diary. The deluxe set 13 DVDs w/ the other included items w/ the basic set (http://www.examiner.com/x-660-Weight...sanity-program). I think that the people w/ this information must be BB coaches because I have seen this same info. on other coaches blogs or websites.
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-09, 10:22 AM  
nd2325

Yikes! It looks crazy intense.
Old 05-10-09, 10:26 AM  
cardiomama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
For many of the exercises, it looked as if the participants were moving very quickly. If you slow down the pace, I'm sure it could still be challenging but a bit safer or you could get through it without collapsing. I'm sure they were all pushed to keep up since they were on camera. I know I can't do wide leg tuck jumps that fast, nor can I do push ups that fast so I'm sure I'll be going at a granny pace compared to them.

I agree that one could modify the moves to slow down the pace, use 1 leg/knee-up in the place of some jumps, jump lower, complete push-ups or planks on knees, do mountain climbers, push-ups or burpees on a step, & plie or squat lower to reduce the pressure on the joints. I think people can modify and still get a great workout, as long as they really focus on completing the exercises to the best of their ability w/ intensity.

I think that w/ this program, most people will build up their strength & endurance to complete more reps w/ better form & faster tempo over the weeks in the rotation. Tony Horton's P90 Master's series Upper Middle Lower does max reps for exercises (a lot push-up variations, core exercises & squat/lunge variations) w/out body weight, some w/ a fast tempo, others slower. Most of the exercises, especially core & upper body were challenging for me, but my form & rep number improved each time I did the workout.
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-09, 10:33 AM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Rose! Did you see this clip? !

So this is going to be a whole set? Any word on how many dvd's and cost?
It looks really good (scary too), but when one of the exercisers in the clip comments that "if you're a masocist, bring it", well, that rang my bell!

Want. This. So. Badly.

Can I do it? Probably not.

I just hope that every disc is like that. No "learn the moves" or "beginner's 20 minute workout." If they are going to market this as bad-ass, it better be. Every single disc.

Hear me, Beachbody?
Old 05-10-09, 11:21 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

I'm not sure why I'm asking because I think this set is beyond me, but is the teaser workout for the One-on-One people a full disc from the Insanity series or just a short sample?

(I'm hoping it's a full disk and then those might be up for trade later. whee!)
Sarah-lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-09, 11:25 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-lara View Post
I'm not sure why I'm asking because I think this set is beyond me, but is the teaser workout for the One-on-One people a full disc from the Insanity series or just a short sample?

(I'm hoping it's a full disk and then those might be up for trade later. whee!)
It's supposed to be a full disk.

I plan to buy the series but I'm using my rebounder for a lot of the moves. That's the only way I would do tuck jumps.

Tags
andrea ambandos, beachbody, insanity series, shaun t