Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-09, 01:44 PM  
Aquajock

Anyone received their Insanity Series teaser?

Greetings, sportsfans! I was just curious (okay, okay, FOAMING AT THE MOUTH) to know whether any of the Beachbody fans who are signed on with Tony Horton's One-On-One system have received their one Insanity Series workout yet, and if so what is it like and how do you like it?

The Insanity Series, along with the Cathe Shock Cardio series (which I preordered within minutes of its announcement on the Cathe Forum and am now the proud possessor of Invoice #66), will be my 48th birthday present, but I'm darned if I'm gonna wait until July to start drooling for it.

Anyone? News? Opinions? Dirty jokes?

TIA -

A-Jock
Old 05-09-09, 02:13 PM  
cardiomama

I haven't received my copy (Plyometric Cardio Circuit) yet, but will post my thoughts on it after trying the workout. I wonder if it will be similar in exercises or sequencing to Tony Horton's Plyometrics or Plyo Legs, those two workouts are very challenging.
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-09, 05:27 PM  
Aquajock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiomama View Post
I haven't received my copy (Plyometric Cardio Circuit) yet, but will post my thoughts on it after trying the workout. I wonder if it will be similar in exercises or sequencing to Tony Horton's Plyometrics or Plyo Legs, those two workouts are very challenging.
Hi, Cardiomama, and thanks for your response! Boy, Plyometric Cardio Circuit sound wonderful just from the title! I've just gotten back into cardio / leg circuit workouts after a long circuit-free spell, and I'm very much looking forward to it. Do you have any idea when you'll be receiving it?

Thanks for offering to post your thoughts! And . . . GOOD LUCK!!!!!

A-Jock
Old 05-09-09, 05:48 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Aquajock, I'm not CardioMamma, but I don't usually get mine til the end of the month. I think it's usually the third week of the month before most people get theirs. I think we're all a little impatient this month.
ddj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-09, 10:25 PM  
cardiomama

I watched this longer Beachbody clip about Insanity, and it showed that Andrea Ambandos (Dragon Fly productions, director of most major videos out on the home fitness video market) is the director of the series. She said that the workouts were so grueling that the hired fitness professionals & background exercisers (I think some were test group graduates) could only do 1 take for each video. So they have to be tough workouts. There is a blog that embedded this longer clip, so people don't have to log in to Beachbody to view it (http://blog.happybeautifulme.com/200...ock-the-world/). The clip shows more of the exercises in Insanity and the cast members, and the workouts were filmed at Lehman College in New York.
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-09, 11:13 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Oh. My. Goodness.
ddj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-09, 11:44 PM  
redbull

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-09, 05:51 AM  
Aquajock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiomama View Post
I watched this longer Beachbody clip about Insanity, and it showed that Andrea Ambandos (Dragon Fly productions, director of most major videos out on the home fitness video market) is the director of the series. She said that the workouts were so grueling that the hired fitness professionals & background exercisers (I think some were test group graduates) could only do 1 take for each video. So they have to be tough workouts. There is a blog that embedded this longer clip, so people don't have to log in to Beachbody to view it (http://blog.happybeautifulme.com/200...ock-the-world/). The clip shows more of the exercises in Insanity and the cast members, and the workouts were filmed at Lehman College in New York.
my life is now complete.

But seriously, it's been a long time since I've gotten a workout where a drill or drills pushed me to absolute failure and I couldn't finish them the first time (Cathe's original Interval Max - my first Cathe workout - did that for me, as did her original Boot Camp a couple of years later), and that's what I want. Hopefully Insanity and Shock Cardio will provide some of that.

Thanks again, CardioMama!

A-J
Old 05-10-09, 06:29 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Judging by that clip's intensity, I wonder if some people are going to get hurt or injured doing this workout.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-09, 07:00 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Rose! Did you see this clip? !

So this is going to be a whole set? Any word on how many dvd's and cost?
It looks really good (scary too), but when one of the exercisers in the clip comments that "if you're a masocist, bring it", well, that rang my bell!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
andrea ambandos, beachbody, insanity series, shaun t