Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-09, 06:32 AM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_b
whoof! And I was thinking the $50 for the extra CLX DVD was bad. Kettlebell DVDs are starting to look cheap in comparison!

Oh: just hit me. These are the ones she started with PreBB, right? Do they come with a CD, too, for instructors?
Yes, these are the instructor's "rounds". They come with choreography notes, breakdown of the moves, and a workout class, plus the soundtrack.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-09, 07:20 AM  
ladysaraii

Call me silly but I might have been interested in Turbo Tease. After all, why not?

July 08 Cathe Road Trip
ladysaraii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-09, 09:48 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysaraii
Call me silly but I might have been interested in Turbo Tease. After all, why not?
It sounded pretty darn good to me, too. It would have been less intrusive to have a portable pole than the huge stainless steel pole my hubby was willing to set up for me, for exercise purposes of course.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-09, 10:47 AM  
Daphne M

My 14-year old son pulled a "whatcha doing mom" right when I opened this thread last night. I explained about Chalene's live chat and, without a preview, began reading the chat transcript out loud to him. Imagine our combined shock at the strip tease, stripper pole and making it rain. I was howling with laughter and my son kept saying, "Mom, don't do it, don't buy it, oh my god." It was a great April Fools on both of us. I am still giggling over this today.

Too funny. Thanks for the laugh, gigi!
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-09, 11:58 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysaraii
I was interested too. I think Chalene would make it a hoot!!!
Old 04-02-09, 12:16 PM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S
I was interested too. I think Chalene would make it a hoot!!!
Maybe that's why she said it--to see if there would be interest. I totally could see her doing it too! And I mean this all in a good way because I adore her and her workouts.

I hope the new ones are available without the whole package. I don't need any more weighted gloves or fitness balls!
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-09, 12:25 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonH
Maybe that's why she said it--to see if there would be interest. I totally could see her doing it too! And I mean this all in a good way because I adore her and her workouts.

I hope the new ones are available without the whole package. I don't need any more weighted gloves or fitness balls!

no kidding.... it was bad enough when they first said they were including a ball.... i mean... comeon.... how many home exercisers don't have one (or more) already? and these are not a beginner's program!

and they already sold gloves with a couple other programs.... so not only are those folks now gonna get duplicates (or triplicates)... what about those of us that have better quality gloves? (i have 3 pair.... i don't need another cheap pair!)

i really hate the beachbody does this crap..... sell us the DVDs and leave it at that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and i gotta say..... i got really turned off by how it turned into a shakeology commercial there for a while.... but i guess that's beachbody's thing.... sell the OVERPRICED supplements.... GRRRRRRRRRRRRR)
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-09, 01:09 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I don't want the gloves and ball either. Caligurl, you are right. The gloves are horrible. I have better weighted gloves.
Old 04-02-09, 02:25 PM  
RachelleS

Didn't AnnaRita do some kind of workout like this at camp one year or am I way off? Since I've never been to camp, I'm just going by what people said when they came back. It would be one purchase my hubby would probably make for me .

Daphne, my 15 year old son would have so reacted the same way as your son. Too funny. I just don't know how my 13 year old daughter would have reacted. I want to say she'd be like "what do you need a pole for" but I'm thinking I'm too nieve with that one . . .

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-09, 02:51 PM  
Gymmie

15 and 13 already? Dang kids grow up fast on me!
“Think about Corey. Right at the finish line and his body gave up after one mile. You’re looking at yourself and if you have 100 plus pounds to lose, your body wants to be healthy.”--Bob Harper on Contestant Corey Pinkerton TBL10

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.

Beachbody Coach
Gymmie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody, chalene johnson