Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-09, 12:19 PM  
keithharris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S
Thanks Keith for stopping by and giving us the scoop. I wish Turbo Fire would come out sooner. 2010 seems so far away.
I hear you...I wish it would come out sooner too. I hear, however...that Chalene is got something cooking between now and then - I'll keep you posted on my blog.
Peace,
Keith
keithharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 01:07 PM  
vivian

Looking forward to TJ and Capoeira !

Thanks for posting this

V
vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 01:08 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58
Brazillian Butt Lift? :rolleyes:
I got a chuckle out of that, too.

Maybe it's to help the American Pancake Butt Society, of which I am a card carrying member.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 01:45 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

keith - aloha and thanks. hang out here if you can - we're a great group.

youtube has videos of capoiera. a while back, i borrowed a DVD from our library, but it was all in spanish and didn't really have much in the way of cueing. i posted about it somewhere here on VF.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 01:48 PM  
Debbie M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsimpson
I was able to track down some more details regarding RevABS. The program is from trainer Brett Hoebel www.hoebel.com and I believe is a mixture from his RevAMP and FitnessBrazil offerings.

Used this blog: http://projectzoe.blogspot.com/2008/...t-through.html to 'connect the dots' between Brett (NY) and Beachbody (LA) and the series videographer/producer Mason Bendenwald

-JS-
This sounds like the origins of the Brazilian Butt Lift workout:

http://www.hoebel.com/fitnessbrasil.htm

ETA: the link does not work as it just links you to the main page...

"bootyBrasil is class that focuses on toning the hips, legs and yes, the booty. Different capoeira moves are combined with lower body toning drills to sculpt what is known as "capoeira booty". "

Deb
Debbie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 03:51 PM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Hi Keith! Do you, or anyone, know if Chalene will be releasing her CLX cardio workouts this year?
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 07:32 PM  
keithharris

Ce +

Hey Leslie - as far as I understand, Chalene just filmed new videos - ChaLEAN Extreme Plus...that will include a cardio interval workout. I will keep everybody posted on my blog as I get more news/exact dates and all that.
Talk to you all later!
Keith
keithharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 08:01 PM  
JP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithharris
Hey Leslie - as far as I understand, Chalene just filmed new videos - ChaLEAN Extreme Plus...that will include a cardio interval workout. I will keep everybody posted on my blog as I get more news/exact dates and all that.
Talk to you all later!
Keith

These are the 4 workouts that were discussed at this thread last week.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...&highlight=clx

Note: They actually weren't filmed until this past weekend. Chalene has photos posted on 2 of them on her facebook page. (The ab workout on the ball and the Dynamic Yoga using weighted gloves) The outtake photos are pretty funny. Toni (who's in the CLX workouts) posted some additional ones. There's actually a picture of Tiffany (from yayas) who's posted so much info on CLX over the months! T

According to Donna (yes, Donna from CLX), the Turbo Fire workouts are supposed to have more of a gritty gym feel to them. Sounds like fun!

HTH!

Joan (JP44)
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-09, 08:02 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mom
I got a chuckle out of that, too.

Maybe it's to help the American Pancake Butt Society, of which I am a card carrying member.
ROTF! I was thinking afterward, who was I to laugh - after all I own every YBB made. Brazillian Butt Lift ~ Yoga Booty Ballet, which is sillier? I may see the infomercial and fall immediately in love.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-09, 10:53 AM  
naturallove

I'm so trying not to get my hopes up with the Brazilian workout. This has the potential to be soooo good. Brazilian music can be incredible, especially that with the African elements and the dancing and capoeria is also amazing. I just keep hoping that it's not going to be watered down or poorly taught (Sambody) or in voiceover (Dance and Be Fit: Brazilian Body) or 'stop and start' (Brazilian Dance Workout).
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody, insanity