Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-05-09, 11:42 AM  
piaroo

Beachbody wants scratched dvds returned

I am wondering if any of you, who has purchased Chalene Extreme, has been asked to return the scratched dvds in return for a non-scratched set?

I have 3 scratched sets. I bought my set through a coach, but when I received my first scratched set I contacted customer service myself and received another scratches set, which also was scratched and a third scratched set was mailed out. I asked if I needed to return the scratched sets and I was told to keep them.

I finally decided to contact my coach end of January to have her work on my behalf to get me a scratch free set. Her attitude was, “What is the big deal, if the dvds work” Well, I told her I paid full price for the set and I am expecting to get a product that is scratch free. She told me she would have a new set shipped to me, when the issues were resolved. Issues that by the way only were cosmetic.

Other people were getting their scratch free sets and of course I heard nothing. I contacted my coach again early March and now Beachbody wants 2 of the scratched sets returned for a new set. This kind of annoys me a little bit, as I offered to return the sets already and was told to keep them.

What would you guys do?
I would appreciate any comments.

Pia Roo
piaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-09, 11:48 AM  
caligurl

beachbody reads the forums.... and there's been a lot of talk lately about people selling their copies.... beachbody may have picked up on that and decided they don't want people making a profit off the scratched dvd's fiasco? just a guess....

back when they still did coupons and you could stack them and get super good deals.... they were talked about on the forums... beachbody read about it... and closed up the "leaks" (like being able to stack coupons"....

that's why everyone went to talking about stuff like that in PM's and not out in public where BB could find out!

i wondered if something like this was going to happen when i saw the long discussions about people selling their scratched dvds......
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-09, 11:52 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Pia,

Here is a link to a thread from BeachBody. They said to contact Pierre if you have any customer service issues.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ight=BeachBody

I did not have to return my scratched DVDs to receive a new set. IMHO, I also think that your coach is rude. I would consider buying from a different coach next time.

Helen
Old 03-05-09, 02:10 PM  
sherry7899

I wonder why they want them returned-what could they do actually do with them? I'm so sorry you went through so much hassle.

Take care,
Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-09, 02:12 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

They may also be suspicious because they've sent you so many sets already. Maybe they think you're just saying they're scratched and are selling them.

I don't know, I'm just guessing, but maybe they're finally getting tired of sending out so many sets and are just cracking down a bit.

If you decide to send them back, ask for a mailing label first. And I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to contact Pierre about it.
ddj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-09, 02:14 PM  
ladysaraii

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899
I wonder why they want them returned-what could they do actually do with them? I'm so sorry you went through so much hassle.

Take care,
Sherry
Probably just so that they dont lose money from people selling them or giving them away

July 08 Cathe Road Trip
ladysaraii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-09, 02:17 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

My 3rd set arrived yesterday. With the exception of the 7th DVD, my set was in MUCH better shape than the first two, and I now have a defective free Push DVD. I'm so grateful that my coach is just a wonderful person who handled everything for me. She did a ton of work on my behalf.

The 7th disc arrived just thrown in the box. It wasn't even in its protective sleeve. There were lots of fingerprints and scratches. Even though I don't want another 7th disc, I asked my coach to contact BB and report the problem.

I'm sure the people who are packing these haven't a clue how expensive and valuable these DVDs are.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-09, 02:53 PM  
sherry7899

Oops, I didn't think about Beachbody possibly being aware of people selling the scratched sets.

Debbie, I'm so glad you finally got your third set. I can't believe they just threw in the 7th (very expensive) disc in the box that way.

Thanks,
Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-09, 03:01 PM  
PhyllisG

I would just ask for a mailing label and send them back. Let them pay the postage.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-09, 03:30 AM  
Hej

Personally, I don't have a problem with a vendor requiring that faulty merchandise be returned in exchange for a replacement, as long as they're willing to pay the return shipping. Otherwise, what guarantee do they have that it was faulty in the first place?

In this case, though, it's pretty shabby for Beachbody to be asking for returns NOW, especially after you offered to return the sets and they told you to keep them. Pffft! If they've already been thrown out what are you supposed to do, go searching through the city dump?

If you still have them and BB's paying shipping, I'd return them just to avoid more hassle dealing with their CS. Beachbody is so hare-brained when it comes to customer service policies! Is it really so difficult to set returns policies in advance and make sure all CS representatives are aware of them? Apparently so. Best of luck.
Hej is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody, scratched dvds