Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-11, 08:22 PM  
yahoo205

Raviana Kundalini Body Electric

Anyone do this and like it? Also, are the premixes worthwhile?

Premixes:
ALL-IN-ONE-MINI-WORKOUT: 40:00
NEW NERVES: 49:00
TOTAL BLISS: 50:00
QUICK SPIRIT LIFT: 29:00
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-11, 08:14 PM  
yahoo205

anyone?
Old 07-19-11, 09:02 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I don't have this one, but you might try asking your question on the Kundalini checkin.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-11, 07:20 AM  
goldillocks

Here is a breakdown from a review on Amazon

"Here is a break-down of the segments:
INTRO: 1:08-
Overview of the DVD
TUNE-IN: 2:06-
the usual Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo, but with different background sounds from their previous DVDs
WARM-UPS: 9:20-
Starts seated, with spinal grinds. Next, sitting on heels, flexing the spine forward and back. Then, doing a side stretch sitting on your heels, repeatedly stretching over side to side. Then, sitting cross-legged, arms behind head, twisting with Breath of Fire(rapid breathing through nose). Next, wide-legged rowboat(sitting wide-legged, arms folded bringing them down, then bringing legs together and sitting up). Then, wide-legged forward bend.
NERVES OF PLATINUM PART 1: 11:00-
Start standing, fingers interlaced at the base of your spine, exhaling bending forward and inhaling back up. Then, horse stance(standing, legs wide, feet out-turned, knees bent) with arms parallel, palms facing out. Next, wide-legged standing forward bend twisting from side-to-side with alternate arms raising. Then, holding a wide-legged forward bend. Next, laying on your stomach in locust pose(legs raised). You do this twice. Then, you raise up on your elbows, hands in fists by your ears, and on your toes. You raise one leg and hold with long deep breathing. Challenging core pose! Then Stretch Pose(lying on your back, head and shoulders raised, hands underneath your hips, legs raised), with long deep breathing.
NERVES OF PLATINUM PART 2: 10:00-
You begin in the up position of a push-up, but with the tops of your feet on the floor. Then, back platform pose...hands behind you, body raised, legs straight, only your feet and hands touching the floor. Next, side plank pose. Then, seated cross-legged, with your thumbs and ring fingers meeting, arms 30 degrees parallel to the floor, outstretched in front of you...you stare straight ahead with long deep breathing...Ravi Mudra I believe they called it...this exercise is said to be good for the adrenals.
BODY BLISS WORKOUT: 22:30-
You start with an ab crunch...balancing on your sacrum, knees bent, pulsing your upper body side to side. Next, V Pose...balancing on your sacrum, legs straight, with Breath of Fire. Next, lying on your back, double leg lifts with Breath of Fire through puckered lips. Then, on your hands and knees doing alternate legs lifts behind you with Breath of Fire through puckered lips again.(This is done for quite awhile...challenging!) THEN, you repeat this exercise, but with alternating raising your arms in addition to the legs. This is done for quite awhile again. Next, now that your glutes are about to fall off, you stand up and do squats with arms outstrethed in front of you. You'll want to yell at Ravi(my Raviana yoga friends and I always joke about yelling at Ravi for working us so hard, but that's one of the things we love him for!)(When we heard about the new Boot Camp DVD, we joked that we were scared of what Ravi would have in store for us! LOL)...I love that they challenge you. True gurus bring out the best in their students and help you to realize your full potential. Next, you sit on your heels, arms up and raise and lower them to parallel, moving the palms; palms up and palms down as you raise and lower your arms.
DEEP RELAXATION: 4:00-
A good relaxation with Ravi's wonderful words and gong!
3 MINUTE MEDITATION: 3:00-
A seated meditation with the gong. You sit quietly, cross-legged, with your hands upturned on your knees, thumbs and index fingers meeting.
MANTRA CHANT: 5:30-
Seated cross-legged, hands on your sternum, you chant "Narayan Hari"
CLOSING PRAYER: 1:20-
Traditional closing prayer and Sat Nam.
(after this is Ana doing a short little fun dance...same as the one on the Boot Camp DVD)
BREATH PRIMER: 3:30-
Breath explanation and demonstration of Long Deep Breathing and Breath of Fire. Same primer as on their previous set of DVDs...the one with Ana in a purple top and shorts and her hair in a long pony-tail.
RENEW YOU, THROUGH AND THROUGH: 5:25-
Seated cross-legged, arms outstretched in front of you, parallel to the floor...one hand in fist, the other hand over it, both thumbs up side by side. You hold your breath out as long as you can, inhale, and repeat."
goldillocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-11, 07:15 AM  
goldillocks

I finally caved and got Body Electric and I totally love it
I like that it is fast paced and it has a cardio effect. My favorite segments are Nerves of Platinum 2 with all the plank work and the Bliss Workout with all the leg kicks. I usually get very bored with Raviana exercises that go on for many minutes but in this case with the leg kicks and arm extensions I could literally go on forever I also liked that there was a squat exercise but wish it was for longer. I felt that I got a total body workout. Also I totally love the music on this workout. I usually skip the chants at the end but this one was a lovely soothing chant (like a baby's lullaby) and I could not get the tune out of my head for hours afterwards
goldillocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-11, 09:32 AM  
yahoo205

I got this and really like it. Some of the moves (plank on elbow and dorsum/top of feet) are crazy. I'm not sure what result i am supposed to get from this, but I like how I feel afterwards-invigorated.
Old 08-31-11, 04:15 PM  
moonbeam31

How about the Bootcamp or the Cardio, Stretch & Strengthen?
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 06:58 PM  
TuesdayTaylor
VF Supporter

I'd go with the BootCamp first. Why? Because I think it's brilliant. The premixes are great. I usually ignore premixes and do my own thing but I have started to try the premixes ... I mean, Ravi & Ana have designed them right? So, I tried Bootcamp's Yoga New and Old and it was just perfect - opened my hips, got my heart working, a lot of hamstring stretches, cardio and then very relaxing meditation. Just fantastic.

I am a total Ravi & Ana nut - I have no issues with any of their dvds - but I would pick the Boot Camp over the Cardio Stretch & Strengthen. I find the plough sequences in the Cardio S & S dvds can be hard on back and the cardio segment is a bit dull (dare I say!). I like the dvd but i LOVE Boot Camp. Can you imagine? You get cardio while sitting down???
TuesdayTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 08:41 PM  
laurajhawk

I did the New Nerves premix just this week and really loved it. Got me energized without being scary hard. I have been re-discovering the newer RaviAnas (from the last two or three years) lately - it seems like they released so many, I didn't spend much time with any one of them, and then I couldn't remember what was on them and didn't go back to them much. I did a shorter Bootcamp premix recently and it was really good too, and yesterday I did a matrix mix of the Radiance DVD.

A word of warning, though, sometimes the lengths listed on the premixes are wrong, I've seen them off by almost ten minutes once or twice. Often I'll choose a premix, then chapter through it really fast (with the skip button) before I actually do it - that lets me know what's in there, plus when the "closing prayer" segment comes up I look at the DVD timer and can see how long the premix really is (closing prayer is only a minute or two).

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ana brett, kundalini body electric, ravi singh, raviana