Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-11, 10:11 AM  
Demeris

RaviAna help needed

So about a year ago, I divested myself of Journey Through the Chakras.

Now I'm back to some regular KY practice, and I cannot, for the life of me, remember why I got rid of it.

Are there joint compromising positions? The only thing I can think of is that it may have hurt my knees too much.

Any feedback would be helpful.

TIA
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-11, 10:27 AM  
sherry7899

Demeris, did you look in the reviews section? Beth did a very thorough (as usual review. If it isn't on vf, it is posted on Amazon.

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-11, 10:55 AM  
trish r
VF Supporter

There is a section of Frog. It doesn't last too long, but maybe that was it? Oh, and there was Crow. My knees aren't in the greatest condition, but I can do a modified version of both of these poses.
trish r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-11, 11:31 AM  
laurajhawk

JTTC makes some people nauseous, dizzy or generally weird. It's psychologically intense, I guess ... maybe that happened to you?

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-11, 12:24 PM  
Demeris

I'll check out Beth's review--I suspect it was frog pose.

I had no trouble with the nausea or dizziness, and I doubt it made me any more intense than I already am (in any outwardly measurable manner, that is).

I have real problems with frog, and that may have done some damage I had to work on rehabbing (wish my memory were as good as it used to be).

Thank you, all.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-11, 12:44 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
I'll check out Beth's review--I suspect it was frog pose.

I had no trouble with the nausea or dizziness, and I doubt it made me any more intense than I already am (in any outwardly measurable manner, that is).

I have real problems with frog, and that may have done some damage I had to work on rehabbing (wish my memory were as good as it used to be).

Thank you, all.
Ditto. This pose is just terrible, and I don't care what anyone says--Yogi Bhajan, Ravi, Ana, or whoever. Most people should modify it, if they even do it at all--note: keeping your feet on the ground is not an adequate modification for anyone with arthritis. I have bone-on-bone arthritis in both knees and this posture was a complete no-go from the first time I saw it in a yoga set. Especially the way some people do it--lightning fast, slamming down into their knees. Makes me shudder. So I modify it, or I skip it entirely.

There are way, way safer ways to stretch and strengthen your hamstrings and quads than frog pose. Yoga postures should not cause anyone actual pain.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-11, 12:54 PM  
sherry7899

Betsy, do you have a suggestion for a substitution to do while they're doing frog pose? I don't like the modification either.

Thanks so much !
Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ana brett, frog pose, jttc, ravi singh, raviana