Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-09, 10:48 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I just previewed the video. Gosh, bravo for him keeping his cool when the gal was talking to him. I personally would have gotten pretty agitated. LOL!

I do need to pat myself on the back for getting through this workout without any breaks other than the 30 second breaks. But, I did use my P90X push up handles, which does help a lot. That last circuit is brutal! I haven't done the whole workout in its entirety since, but I have broken up the circuits and have added them after my CLX workouts.

I found this brief description of the concept behind Insanity:

"What makes it so effect?

Shaun T uses a technique he created and calls 'Max Interval Training'. Instead of working out at a steady pace for longer periods of time and then maxing out for short periods of time, Shaun keeps you working out at your max for long periods and only gives short periods of rest. It is like this, when you run you typically jog for a few miles and then maybe the last quarter mile you decide to sprint and max out the end of your workout. What Shaun T's system does is teaches you how it is possible to sprint the first few miles exerting the maximum output and then has you warm down the last quarter mile to seal in the results. The Max Interval Training is opposite of the typical workout routine, but that is why it can be so successful in such a short amount of time."

The warm down that Shaun T refers to is the additional round that he tags on to the last circuit of each round minus the warm up circuit. I think it's an excellent description of the concept behind the additional one + minutes that he tags on to the end of each circuit.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-09, 01:31 PM  
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
This workout was hard, but I didn't feel like I was going to be sick or anything. I was simply challenged, that's all. People on the dvd were going at their own pace and so was I.
Looks like the Beach Body hype machine has done its job when so many people feel intimidated by one of their workouts. I remember a lot of similar comments when P90X first came out and now it's become mainstream! The point isn't to do exactly what the people on the video do (how many people here can actually do all the pullups on P90X?) the point is to challenge yourself to do what YOU can do.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-09, 01:38 PM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Looks like the Beach Body hype machine has done its job when so many people feel intimidated by one of their workouts. I remember a lot of similar comments when P90X first came out and now it's become mainstream! The point isn't to do exactly what the people on the video do (how many people here can actually do all the pullups on P90X?) the point is to challenge yourself to do what YOU can do.
Good point, Alan!

I ain't scared of Insanity. I'm just concerned that, after shelling out the money for it, I won't like it. That's a vidiot nightmare!
Old 06-14-09, 03:59 PM  
woodie

F1Mom - what a beauty! Thanks for sharing the picture of your babe!

When is Insanity coming out???!!! I thought it was suposed to be June 12th.

woodie

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-09, 04:18 PM  
AnMrsDe

Sorry, just wanted to tell F1Mom/Hippie:

What a gorgeous baby!! So glad everything went well for you and your little (big) boy!! Enjoy!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-09, 10:25 PM  
farmgirl
VF Supporter

I think it's coming out sometime in July now...can't wait to get my hands on this one
farmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-09, 07:10 AM  
Terry

"What Shaun T's system does is teaches you how it is possible to sprint the first few miles exerting the maximum output and then has you warm down the last quarter mile to seal in the results."

Seal in the results

All these years of exercise and I never did seal in the results. No wonder I have to keep at it.

I wonder what the general public is going to start doing with that new beachbody phrase.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-09, 10:34 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Seal in the results
If you don't cool down properly after exercise, all the results escape through your sweat in the last few minutes. Don't let it happen to you!! (If you're having problems with this, there's a results trap you can install in your shower. Just three easy payments of $39.95 and you'll never sweat away your hard-earned results again!)

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-09, 11:08 AM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
If you don't cool down properly after exercise, all the results escape through your sweat in the last few minutes. Don't let it happen to you!! (If you're having problems with this, there's a results trap you can install in your shower. Just three easy payments of $39.95 and you'll never sweat away your hard-earned results again!)
LMAO!!!!
Old 06-15-09, 10:42 PM  
melfitz

I just read on the Facebook Insanity page that Insanity will have bonus DVDs (probaby sold separately) that are weighted workouts. I hope it's true!
melfitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advanced workouts, beachbody, insanity, shaun t