Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-29-09, 03:08 PM  
gwinter

Beachbody resistance tubing

I got the resistance tubing with my CLX purchased from Beachbody. I'm trying to figure out the resistance of the bands and the comparison btw. dumbells. I went on Beachbody to figure it out and it seems they have different colors for different resistance for both men and women. It's very confusing.

This is what I have:
green (light resistance)
purple (medium resistance)
red (heavy resistance)

I'm using dumbells for the Burn Phase b/c I find bands to be very awkard. I was thinking of using bands for the Push Phase b/c its one body part at a time. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Glenda
gwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 04:40 PM  
Kesal

Hi, Glenda.

When I got my B-Lines from BB I got a list of associated weights. I've used mine (pink, magenta, and red) to do P90, and I think that the "weights" of the tubing actually correspond pretty well to the dumbbells that I use for the same moves. For example, the magenta tube is supposed to be 20 lbs, and it does feel to me like about the same level of challenge as using a 10 lb dumbbell in each hand. Obviously, I can vary that a bit by how much I stretch the band, so it's not as precise as dumbbell weights, but that doesn't really bother me.

Here's the list that I got with my set of B-Lines from Beachbody:

Light resistance:
Teal (B1) 5 lb. weights
Purple (B2) 10 lb.
Pink (B3) 17 lb.

Standard resistance:
Magenta (B4) 20 lb.
Orange (B5) 25 lb.
Red (B6) 30 lb.

Heavy resistance:
Yellow (B7) 35 lb.
Green (B8) 40 lb.
Blue (B9) 45 lb.
Black (B10) 50 lb.

So yours ought to be the equivalent of two 2 1/2 lb. dumbbells (teal), two 5 lb. dumbbells (purple), and two 15 lb dumbbells (red). Does that feel about right?

That seems... I don't know, kind of light and almost useless for CLX, from the impression that I've gotten of it.
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 06:22 PM  
redbull

You get a teal, pink and magenta band with CLX. I know the color can look off and the pink looks like red, but they say it's the pink, so...

On the Beachbody message boards, someone said the weight is for each hand, - teal is 5lb it should be 5lb for each hand, not divided. But the way they wrap the bands around the feet really shortens it quite a bit and you get alot of resistance. The poundage Kesla posted is what BB says the poundages are, but you should play around with the bands a bit to see what feels the most challenging.

I have the green, blue and black band and they are a bit tricky to wrap and postion for some of the moves, so I can see why they might not have included any of them in the kit.
redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-09, 07:59 AM  
Kesal

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
On the Beachbody message boards, someone said the weight is for each hand, - teal is 5lb it should be 5lb for each hand, not divided.
I don't know, I'm not sure that I buy the "each hand" weight... My pink band is very easy. No matter how much I shorten it, there's no way it's the equivalent of 17lbs. And I wouldn't even be able to use my red band if it were 30lbs per hand -- my heaviest dumbbells are 10 lbs, and the red band feels only a "step" above that.
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-09, 09:17 AM  
gwinter

Thanks for the info!

Kesal: The information that you provided seems to be right. I tried the red and purple tubing last night and it does seem right in comparison to the suggested weight. I also agree with you regarding it being light to CLX. I'm lifting two 20lbs. dumbless for back and legs and I know next week I'm going to be increasing the weight.

Redbull: I did a search on Beachbody about the tubing and I came up with nothing. Who else should I ask...Chalene? How can I contact her? I don't want to contact Beachbody b/c their customer service isn't that great.

I just want to clarify the weight of the resistance bands b/c if I can use them during Push phase and they qualify as "heavy" resistance then I don't need to purchase additional weights.

Glenda
gwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-09, 12:16 PM  
redbull

You can ask in the general fitness section on the Beachbody message boards, the Advice Staff or fitness adviser usually responds back.

Kesal, maybe you are right, the poundage being for each hand and not divided is what I got from the Beachbody message boards. I know for some moves using the pink or magenta band the bands feel tougher with some moves than others, but the teal one will feel too light, so I think a middle band might of been needed there.
redbull is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody, tubing